2k releasing a patch today according to their twitter

TheAbyss24

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be helpful to be able to just play Universe mode, not the current set up where you never actually know if your next match is going ahead or will crash the game and kick you out.

Aside from everything else, I literally just want a game where everything actually works.

Let me break it down guys.

Building a beautiful home on top of shitty foundation is a recipe for disaster. However, in order to rebuild that foundation, some of the house has to come crashing down. Unfortunately, 2K is contractually bound to have people living in that house while they're trying to fix the foundation, which means that house is crashing down around people and 2K is desperately trying to keep it together.

The point of my metaphor is to achieve what is needed, they needed more than 1 year of dev time. They needed at least a year and a half, ideally 2. But, because 2Ks higher ups and WWE I'd the epitome of greed, they dont get that full 2 years. They get one.

It sucks, it blows, and I vehemently agree the game should not have been released in this state, but VC were quite figuratively stick between a rock and a hard place.

I usually share your opinions but I fully disagree on this one.

The problem there was no that they had only one year, the problem was that their overconfidence and their unprofessionalism that caused them to focus on the wrong end of things produced all this mess.

The reason why the foundation is crashing down is because instead of making sure the foundation is stable, they let it be as it was and tried to add new things (originals) and change things that didn't need a change (shared Image uploader between wwe2k19 and 2k20, changed controls, changed graphics among other things).

Would they had focused on the core of the game and only updated the roster by adding maybe the female Career mode as a extra (it is seriously a copy of the male one anyway with other models involved), all this wouldn't had happen!

Let me break it down guys.

Building a beautiful home on top of shitty foundation is a recipe for disaster. However, in order to rebuild that foundation, some of the house has to come crashing down. Unfortunately, 2K is contractually bound to have people living in that house while they're trying to fix the foundation, which means that house is crashing down around people and 2K is desperately trying to keep it together.

The point of my metaphor is to achieve what is needed, they needed more than 1 year of dev time. They needed at least a year and a half, ideally 2. But, because 2Ks higher ups and WWE I'd the epitome of greed, they dont get that full 2 years. They get one.

It sucks, it blows, and I vehemently agree the game should not have been released in this state, but VC were quite figuratively stick between a rock and a hard place.

I usually share your opinions but I fully disagree on this one.

The problem there was no that they had only one year, the problem was that their overconfidence and their unprofessionalism that caused them to focus on the wrong end of things produced all this mess.

The reason why the foundation is crashing down is because instead of making sure the foundation is stable, they let it be as it was and tried to add new things (originals) and change things that didn't need a change (shared Image uploader between wwe2k19 and 2k20, changed controls, changed graphics among other things).

Would they had focused on the core of the game and only updated the roster by adding maybe the female Career mode as a extra (it is seriously a copy of the male one anyway with other models involved), all this wouldn't had happen!

And instead, the series would begin to stagnate. The thing that absolutely killed the THQ games in the end above all others. They may not have been implemented well due to, in my opinion, the time frame (and having to bring in new coders not familiar with Yukes' mess) but if they just repeated 2K19 over and over then all that good will it earned would turn to sour milk. Yes 2K20 is a mess, but at least its a mess that 2K can hopefully eventually fix up and start moving forward with. A shite car that still moves and can be fixed up is infinitely better than a beautiful car that never drives at all IMO.

That all said, I'm hopeful that this experience will act as something of a scare tactic both for 2Ks higher ups and WWE itself. They play an equal part in this menagerie of *censored*iness as does the code grunts.

Also, not sure if you've played the career mode because I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "its a copy of the male one".

Of course this is just how I see things, you're obviously free to disagree and its nice to disagree without turning it into a pissing match. :cool:

If Gran Turismo can be totally rebuilt from the ground up this generation (GT Sport), albeit a lackluster launch due to its e-sports focus, so can WWE games. GTS, now, is much better thanks to continuous updates/free DLC (Games as a Service) and ready for next-gen.

VC has a perfect opportunity to not release a game next year and instead tell fans because of next-gen hardware being released, they will launch at a different time. Here they can build a new game/engine/4K-60-whatever, call it WWE 2K, and release a great base game.

Then instead of new releases each year, just do a big expansion (maybe $30) that adds to the game, updated rosters, rings/attires of the year, alumni, etc. Every 5 years, perhaps a new game.

If Gran Turismo can be totally rebuilt from the ground up this generation (GT Sport), albeit a lackluster launch due to its e-sports focus, so can WWE games. GTS, now, is much better thanks to continuous updates/free DLC (Games as a Service) and ready for next-gen.

VC has a perfect opportunity to not release a game next year and instead tell fans because of next-gen hardware being released, they will launch at a different time. Here they can build a new game/engine/4K-60-whatever, call it WWE 2K, and release a great base game.

Then instead of new releases each year, just do a big expansion (maybe $30) that adds to the game, updated rosters, rings/attires of the year, alumni, etc. Every 5 years, perhaps a new game.

Aaaannd that bit right there is where it goes into fantasy land. No way in hell will WWE allow 2K, THQ, VC, Yukes, EA, Activision, Codemasters, Telltale, Rockstar, Kalypso, or whomever makes the games a year off. Personally, that bottom paragraph is pretty much my dream scenario, the GTA/Minecraft approach where instead of multiple games, you release one and keep adding to it, but even I know that is NEVER happening, at least, anytime soon.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I would absolutely adore a model where they release a game, release monthly or bi-monthly updates, and then had a couple expansion packs a year that adds new features and gameplay mechanics and adjustments. Its just... never gonna happen. unfortunately.

I think they should steal the COD model. Hire two studios and give them both a 2 year cycle. Let them alternate every year so their is a game out yearly but each studio has a two years of time.

IIRC, back in 2K15 2K tried to get an extension to April and WWE flat shut them down.

April would be so much better. They would have all the updates from the Slow Season/Fall changes included, and they could then release a WrestleMania DLC pack a few months later with the new Mania arena, attires, and a few of the post mania debuts.

Either that or a service model that keeps a stable base game but adds new arenas, superstars, attires/entrance/music updates, showcases, etc., for a yearly season pass instead of an annualized game release.

Archived