Official Survivor Series Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you all act like WALTER got hit by a Cobra or something... he gave legit shit to Braun, but got blindsided by the Claymore, a a finisher that took off peoples heads for a while now.

I webt to sleep soon after that though...

I was worried about Cole vs Dumne, but they sold War Games perfectly, delivered a banger, told their story and everything.

Say what you want, but for the whole month, they gave massive recogniton to NXT, and NXT roster delivered. It's still super shitty they had to put out two excellent performances 2 nights in a row... phyisically it's crazy, but their mindset must be incredible too...

Was watching the PPV with my girl last night and she watches a few shows with me (any combo of Raw, SD, NXT or AEW) and she loved Keith Lee as well. I can see him getting over HUGE with the casuals. As someone who only saw him once in that tag team with Shane Taylor, I didnt know shit about Keith Lee before WWE. I love the man, hes been one of my favorites since about after his 3rd match there. I was wondering if hed fizzle out like guys like Ohno or even KUSHIDA (for right now), but hes been one of the best signings for NXT.

This was the first WWE show i've watched since Wrestlemania, and it's sold me on coming back to watching regularly. Getting to see all of the future talant from NXT, who all seem at the least very interesting, is definitely going to get me to go back and watch some of the stuff throughout the year too.

Fun show but I dont remember any of it

Man they really *censored*ed up Bayleys entire presentation. Generic tron, music, and that entrance was barely an entrance. Idk what she was doing with that headdress thing, but she just looked like she was about to bust out crying the whole time

Good show, overall.

Cole/Dunne was my MOTN. Seriously, Cole is absolutely amazing man. To go through what he did at Takeover and then put on that match the very next night was just remarkable. Props to both men.

Nakamura/Styles/Strong had some nice stuff.

The decision-making in terms of the sequence of eliminations in the men's traditional SS match was a bit questionable but as a match it was quite fun too, especially when there were two men from all teams left. Keith Lee looked like an absolute star and I'm actually glad they didn't go overboard and had him be the sole survivor by beating both Rollins AND Reigns.

2020 is going to be the year of Rhea Ripley but the ending could have been a bit better.

Lesnar/Mysterio actually had me out of my seat and thinking that Mysterio was going to win when him and Dominic were going full ham on Lesnar but of course the lame retard retained.

Fiend/Bryan was fine for what it was. Bit short for my liking but it kinda made sense.

The main event was seriously boring. Not really a bad match but there was nothing in it that warranted it to go last. The men's traditional SS should have been the main event or even Lesnar/Mysterio. Not to mention, it kinda made Becky look like a sore loser too. Just a pointless idea to have it go last.

Overall, a good event. Not better than War Games for me but quality nonetheless.

NXT ftw.

Hope this helps

Keith Lee's first year seemed to be a bit bleak, with the only highlight being his series of matches with Dijakovic. They also shortly teased a heel turn when he was "mentoring" Jordan Myles/ACH, who won a breakout tournament and got a NXT world title shot, something Lee never got.

He just exploded over these last few months. The aforementioned feud with Dijakovic also picked up steam only recently, but to be this prominently pushed, is probably beyond many people's imagination. The man basically was elevated to being equals to Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns. You love to see it.

As for the PPV, I loved most of it, but it lost serious steam towards the end. Felt the men's triple threat elimination tag match was messy and didn't made the most out of potential story elements, but also made Keith Lee look very good of course.

The women's was a good opener, albeit a bit confusing at the end because it went from 1v1 to 1v3 with Io and Candice's "elimination" being undone. Odd tactics, which is putting a shit load of faith in Rhea, Bianca and Toni to take down numbers with a 2-man disadvantage. But when the two came back, Sasha wasn't going to eliminate three people. Speaking about Sasha, she had two weird dumb moments. Broke up a RAW-pin for no reason and attacked Natalya before they could've 2v1'd Rhea Ripley. Even Rhea was laughing her ass off at how convenient that was.

My MOTN was definitely Strong vs. Nakamura vs. Styles. Or Cole vs. Dunne. Loved the aggressiveness of Nakamura and the overall hard-hitting fast, but still coherent pace of that triple threat.

Didn't like Lesnar vs. Mysterio. Felt neutral about Becky vs. Bayley vs. Baszler. But those two closed the show, which gave it a dull end. Still enjoyed the show overall.

Special mentions to:

- Gable vs. Riddle ground game

- Bryan not being fazed by The Fiend, which fits someone who is an in-ring genius, with the reputation to adapt to any situation extraordinarily quick

- Bianca Belair getting a couple of eliminations

- Adam Cole with the best counter of the year

Oh yeah Nakamura was aggressive as *Censored*.

Archived