The WWE 2k20 Post Embargo Youtube Thread

Rekka_No_Ryo

VC cutting Yukes out of the equation kind of reminds me of my dad. When my mom left my dad, she just left, she didnt take anything but her own clothes and that was it. She had nothing left to give and the relationship was over. She was THQ. So then he got a new girlfriend whom hed been talking to for years, and after a while, he decided he didnt want her around anymore and kicked her out. He probably thought shed just leave and he would have all this freedom he longed for, but no, she took half of everything in the house, and he also realized how many things suddenly werent getting done in the house anymore because she had been doing everything, and life has been harder for him on his own ever since. The girlfriend was Yukes. Lol. Theyll figure it out though. 2K19 was awesome, though. Bad timing.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VC cutting Yukes out of the equation kind of reminds me of my dad. When my mom left my dad, she just left, she didnt take anything but her own clothes and that was it. She had nothing left to give and the relationship was over. She was THQ. So then he got a new girlfriend and after some years, he decided he didnt want her around anymore and kicked her out. He probably thought shed just leave and he would have all this freedom he longed for, but no, she took half of everything in the house, and he also realized how many things suddenly werent getting done in the house anymore because she had been doing everything, and life has been harder for him on his own ever since. The girlfriend was Yukes. Lol. Theyll figure it out though.

This analogy works if the girlfriend was super messy and complacent too :P

VC cutting Yukes out of the equation kind of reminds me of my dad. When my mom left my dad, she just left, she didnt take anything but her own clothes and that was it. She had nothing left to give and the relationship was over. She was THQ. So then he got a new girlfriend and after some years, he decided he didnt want her around anymore and kicked her out. He probably thought shed just leave and he would have all this freedom he longed for, but no, she took half of everything in the house, and he also realized how many things suddenly werent getting done in the house anymore because she had been doing everything, and life has been harder for him on his own ever since. The girlfriend was Yukes. Lol. Theyll figure it out though.

She was around the end lol

Then its the perfect analogy! I believe that this transition game is gonna be rough, but it'll be good for the series as a whole.. assuming WWE doesn't pull the rug out from underneath 2K due to the threat of Yukes and AEW games.

Just as a random side note, am I the only one sick of hearing how 2k have to rebuild yukes shit engine? 2k/vc have been co-developing the games since 2k14, 5 years ago. In that time they've focused on showcase modes, grinding/loot box mechanics and now fantasy crap like zombies/Halloween showcase stories. How very dare people lay the blame at yukes' feet.

Then its the perfect analogy! I believe that this transition game is gonna be rough, but it'll be good for the series as a whole.. assuming WWE doesn't pull the rug out from underneath 2K due to the threat of Yukes and AEW games.

Yeah, its hard to speak on things right now because I looked at one gameplay video and it looked really good actually. How long would it even take them to bounce back from where they are at, under their current schedule? Can 2K19 be topped by a year from now?

Is mixed match challenge a tournament locked to the MMC area, or is it a match type that can take part in other arenas?

Mixed Tag Match is a general match type, but there's also a Mixed Match Challenge in Tournament Mode

Yeah, its hard to speak on things right now because I looked at one gameplay video and it looked really good actually. How long would it even take them to bounce back from where they are at, under their current schedule? Can 2K19 be topped by a year from now?

It depends entirely on how quickly this new studio they opened can rewrite the messy code I would suppose. I've always used the analogy when it comes to yukes that they build a great building on really shitty foundation. Well, 2K needs to rebuild the foundation so that the pretty building can stay standing. Problem is, they have to bring people in to the building every year which slows down that process.

I'm fairly certain most cuts are due to budget and coding situations that we aren't privy too.

So currently i'm operating under the belief that 2K20 will be a pretty heavy transition game, 2K21 might be something of a transition game as well but not as bad, and 2K22 will likely be where the fruits of this labour ripen. Mind you, i'm not taking the jump to next gen into consideration for this. That could speed the situation up or slow it down.

I've only seen Riddle use the Bro Derek like twice yet there's no Powerbomb into Final Flash ????? it wasn't in Smacktalks' new moves video either

Yeah i was gonna say he's only used the Bro Derek like twice and it made it in, yet the Final Flash Kneestrike didn't make it despite him using it like every match including his debut match where he used the Powerbomb Kneestrike combo.

Plus the Bro Derek was animated like shit. Riddle leaps up into the air when he does it. In this one, he just lazily falls forward. Reminds me of what the Styles Clash animation looked like before Styles was in the games

I think it was rumoured that they wanted a year off making the game but WWE said no, so Id say next year could be the one. That or the first release on PS5/next Xbox.

Again no entrances in Showcase mode, at this point, I don't know why Showcase still exist at all. Every year it's so unlovingly thrown together without any effort at all, it's simply unbelievable.

Because in the game where there wasnt one, people pitched a fit and acted like 2K had shot their mother.

It doesn't bother me much as it would be the same entrance motion being shown before every match.

So does The Fiend have his own unique Mandible Claw or did they just stick him with Foley's version?

It looks unique from what I can tell in the videos, but I haven't seen the snap neck signature he does. Which is a bummer

If hew does have his own version i hope its a pincombo and not a submission seeing as how thats how he beat Balor with it.

Archived