Backstage News on Brock Lesnar's Creative Control In WWE and Power Over Vince McMahon

Mr.Dreadful

Brock Lesnar has a very fine deal with WWE and it turns out that he also has creative control.

During Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer discussed the power that Brock Lesnar has over Vince McMahon. People might hate this fact, but it’s apparently 100% the case.

This means that Lesnar is only losing when he decides he wants to. He can also nix a program before it even gets started.

“Whether he’s a babyface or a heel, Brock’s only going so far for the team. Brock’s not gonna like… when it comes to Brock and Vince, people hate this, but when it comes to Brock and Vince — Brock is the one who calls the shots, not Vince and Brock can get away with anything and people hate hearing that. In the end, it’s still Vince’s company, but Brock isn’t doing anything that Brock doesn’t want to do. Every program, when he loses he wants to lose… every program, that’s just how it is you know it’s an interesting thing.”

This creative control for Brock Lesnar is one of the reasons why Jon Moxley shot about their WrestleMania encounter. There were a lot of very good ideas on the table, but Lesnar nixed them all and just decided to have a typical Brock Lesnar match instead.

We’ll have to see what Brock Lesnar’s next steps are as WWE Champion, but apparently there is at least one Superstar with creative control and it’s the Beast Incarnate.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2019/10/backstage-news-on-brock-lesnars.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It never said it's in his contract.

But I wasn't being sarcastic, all it says that here is that he has big influence over Vince... I mean, was that not known? I'm not believing that it happened that Vince really wanted Brock to drop the belt but Lesnar refused and held it hostage.

What revelatory stuff from a few sentences by Meltzer am I missing here?

Its news to me? I had no idea til I listed to the show that Brock had so much power over his push. I remember hearing a few years ago that he was willing to put people over (because he has in the past) but I didnt know he was the driving force behind it himself. So yeah...this was a surprise to me.

Brock has made a lifetime and a career of doing what he wants. Even if UFC, where everyone is kinda walking on eggshells all the time...(it doesn't get more "you can't control me" than shitting on a sponsor and plugging a different beer on live television). :lol:

Still, I think the wording in this report is a bit off. I think Brock mostly does what WWE wants, because they're paying him. But he isn't going to do anything that will discredit what he perceives his character to be...and that's honestly a good thing. If more people had that power, we probably wouldn't have had that horseshit HiaC finish.

But, yeah...I don't necessarily see Brock as saying "no...I'm not putting anyone over". I know it's the general perception that the guy is a selfish bastard. But, I think he does have a mind for what works and what doesn't.

i honestly got Riddle handling literally anybody, including Brock, in a shoot fight. Goldberg old ass would easily get slept, Brock would take a little longer but he would go nighty night too.

but then again Brock could pretty much maul him. nevermind i dont know. i would like to see how a worked match with them would go though.

Riddle wont get destroyed lol

If he shot on Brock? Yeah, he would. Brock is still the stronger of the two, with a hell of a meanstreak. If Riddle tried to shoot wrestle him, Brock would go from "doing a job" to "murder everything" very quickly. You're disregarding the part where he would have no actual rules to follow, and could respond with unmitigated rage.

I'm picking Brock over Riddle in a shoot fight till I see proof otherwise.

As for creative control one day Wwe needs to not cave in to Brock. Worse that happens is he goes to AEW.

If Vince tried he could create several Brock level stars, he's done it before.

Archived