WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

Get Rusev over as a face without Lana managing him is my guess.

See...the thing with that, though...is that they were already there. They already had Rusev say he didn't care about her and that Lashley could have her. So...that was it. If they were removing Lana as Rusev's manager, then the story literally could have (and should have) ended right there.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what could be the end game, especially like gen said that's worth any of this. I mean, I guess it's to have Rusev over with sympathy, the thing is though, he didn't need it. Dude is over whenever, and still gets the Rusev day chants, even without him doing anything to get them started.

I mean, Lashley vs Rusev could have been a good feud, but not with this crap :lol:

See...the thing with that, though...is that they were already there. They already had Rusev say he didn't care about her and that Lashley could have her. So...that was it. If they were removing Lana as Rusev's manager, then the story literally could have (and should have) ended right there.

Theyre building to a match. You cant end the story there. Lashley and Rusev need to fight first before they can even consider ending the angle.

Theyre building to a match. You cant end the story there. Lashley and Rusev need to fight first before they can even consider ending the angle.

what is a match going to solve? Rusev doesn't want to be managed by Lana anymore, Lana doesn't like Rusev anymore. There shouldn't really be a problem

what is a match going to solve? Rusev doesn't want to be managed by Lana anymore, Lana doesn't like Rusev anymore. There shouldn't really be a problem

Let off some steam. He wants to shut Lashley up and kick his ass for causing all these problems. Doesn't matter if he's “over” Lana. He still has business to finish.

Let off some steam. He wants to shut Lashley up and kick his ass for causing all these problems. Doesn't matter if he's “over” Lana. He still has business to finish.

Business that doesn't matter at all

All they had to do was capitalize on Rusev going into WM 34, but they gave the belt to Jinder instead......

Big facts.

Don't forget when Rusev Day could've won the tag titles but it just went to The Usos or New Day again lol

Man idec about a match between Lashley and Rusev at this point. Its gunna accomplish nothing tbh and really and truly Rusev was already super over as a face they just didnt wanna use him or push him. Now they are trying again for what? I have doubts he will actually get pushed after this i think its just a drama storyline for the sake of it

Let off some steam. He wants to shut Lashley up and kick his ass for causing all these problems. Doesn't matter if he's over Lana. He still has business to finish.

To you it doesn't.

Let off some steam. He wants to shut Lashley up and kick his ass for causing all these problems. Doesn't matter if he's over Lana. He still has business to finish.

To you it doesn't.

Yeah. I'm clearly alone with that

To you it doesn't.

Yeah. I'm clearly alone with that

This isn't even about the quality of the storyline or your personal opinion... I'm just explaining their aims and the mentality behind booking this angle, which I think is pretty clear.

It's not though, as pointed out by the majority of the people in this thread

It's not what? Clear?

Yeah...the story is not clear.

They're going in circles for the sake of going in circles.

And if Rusev already said he doesn't give a shit about Lana...then why would be fight one way or the other? Is he fighting to make her go away? It makes no sense. He literally doesn't want her back. So...what is the point? :lol:

Lana: "You'll never have me again!"

Rusev: "Okay...I don't want you anyway..."

Lana: "But, I'm pregnant"

Rusev: "That's cool...I still don't want you"

Lana: "But, I'm not really pregnant"

Rusev:"Okay...still don't care"

*Still fighting Lashley for some reason anyway*

Cause Lashley and Lana are continually causing him pain; they keep prodding him. I can get being bored with the storyline cause it does feel like it's stalling for, I'm guessing, the PPV but let's not act like Lashey and Rusev don't have reasons to fight each other.

(I also don't think he's completely over Lana anyway, but I digress.)

None of that stops it from being a complete pile of dogshit angle that no one asked for, and no one wants, with little reason to continue, and a blowoff match that will amount to...what, exactly? Rusev finally being rid of Lana? That's what we're saying...even if they're "causing him pain"...what does he accomplish in the end? Is he going to cripple Lashley and send Lana to a deserted island? What exactly are we hoping to come of this? What is the best case scenario? When the match happens...it will come and go, and it will have been entirely pointless. It probably won't amount to much of anything.

The quality of the storyline is a whole other topic. EJ asked what the end game is. The end game is to get Rusev over as a wholesome babyface and Lashley/Lana as scheming assholes. It's that simple. Wrestling 101. Storytelling 101. Unless we get some swerve that flips the whole story that's what they seemingly want to accomplish. What will the actual ending be? That's anyone's guess. This is WWE we're talking about afterall. But one would hope Rusev triumphs in the end and comes out looking strong.

The quality of the storyline is a whole other topic. EJ asked what the end game is. The end game is to get Rusev over as a wholesome babyface and Lashley/Lana as scheming assholes. It's that simple. Wrestling 101. Storytelling 101. Unless we get some swerve that flips the whole story that's what they seemingly want to accomplish. What will the actual ending be? That's anyone's guess. This is WWE we're talking about afterall. But one would hope Rusev triumphs in the end and comes out looking strong.

But again...we already succeeded in that shit weeks ago.

If that is the endgame, then the endgame is finished.

This angle seems to have peaked when Rusev snapped and beat the shit out of (who was it again...Drew and Dolph or something?) He definitely snapped and looked strong a few weeks back when he wrecked two heels...and all he's done since then is look like a bitch again.

But again...we already succeeded in that shit weeks ago.

If that is the endgame, then the endgame is finished.

This angle seems to have peaked when Rusev snapped and beat the shit out of (who was it again...Drew and Dolph or something?) He definitely snapped and looked strong a few weeks back when he wrecked two heels...and all he's done since then is look like a bitch again.

This is becoming a circular argument. lol It's not finished until someone gets their comeuppance. We haven't reached the finale yet. The story is still developing... it's still building and piling on more heat. Has it been compelling these last couple weeks? Well, YMMV. But nothing is close to being settled until they at least get it in the ring (which hopefully will be in the next few weeks).

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived