WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

You claim you are arguing ignorance, yet you are happy to say that Seth Rollins' midcard story, that is literally not in the main event, is the main storyline, in comparison to the story that gets the most attention from fans on all social media, aswell as from the company itself.

It's literally the storyline that gets the most promotion and attention. What else would it need to do to be THE top storyline in the WWE atm? Again...This wedding ENDED SEVERAL RAWS including, and I can't stress that enough, THE VERY LAST WWE SHOW OF THE DECADE.

What is necessary for it to count as the main story at the moment?

The wedding ended SEVERAL RAWs? What in the world are you talking about?! Theres only been one wedding. Just one.

Ive already outlined why the Rollins stuff is the main storyline. Why must I repeat myself over and over again? Ive also talked about how people like to talk about trashy things, too. Look that up.

So what if the wedding ended the last WWE show of the decade? Ok? Thats some high honor or accolade now? Good for it, I guess?

@Aono. Well said.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres what I said:

You are without a doubt, absolutely 100% wrong. I say that with a straight face without the slightest bit of hesitation. Go binge watch full episodes of RAW these past few months and you'll see how committed they have been to Seth Rollins. How much screen time he gets. How prominent he is. The number of segments he gets weekly. How storylines bleed into his. He has been far more integral to RAW and its direction than Rusev/Lana/Lashley has. Easily. The reason you hear about the Rusev/Lana/Lashely silliness is because it's car cash TV that aims to be controversial and ridiculous because it gets people talking about its simple, trashy absurdity. That, however, doesn't mean their storyline is the main/top storyline or that it's more integral to RAW itself.

You've admitted you've missed "countless" episodes and how you barely remembered to watch the show last night. That says a lot. So to me, based on what you've been saying, it sounds like you're hardly watching the show (at most) and it's to the extent where you now have a poor understanding what the current product is doing.

And this, too:

Yeah, they're pushing the shit out of him right now. That's my point! lol They're pushing him more than Rusev and co. He has a more prominent, integral role to the show than any of them. It blows my mind how confident you are when you don't watch the show nearly enough to have such confidence. That's my problem with this discussion.

And it's not deep at all. You listed top angles, but that's all you did because that's all you could do since (once again) you don't watch the show enough to go much further than that. (And even you do attempt to discuss those storylines in length, I'm sure you'll be as wrong as you are about the Rusev storyline. ;))

Main storylines finishing shows is not always the case and is definitely not a rule of thumb to live by. I mean, using your logic, Styles/Orton is the top program right now since that storyline has been featured twice in that slot this past month.

And if you want to talk about time, then Rollins has you covered. Again, he's had a prominent, important role lately which eats up quite a bit of screen time on him or people talking about him. So whatever impression you have of his current role, it's been wrong. The show revolves around Rollins more than it does Rusev/Lana/Lashley.

Just answer my question. Don't just tell me that Rollins is the main story. I already know you claim so. I want to know what it would take for the Rusev/Lashley/Lana/Liv thing to be considered the main storyline on Raw atm.

Just answer my question. Don't just tell me that Rollins is the main story. I already know you claim so. I want to know what it would take for the Rusev/Lashley/Lana/Liv thing to be considered the main storyline on Raw atm.

All you have to do is essentially apply what I said in those posts to this storyline. But in short it needs be more integrated into the show and have more presence -- meaning more segments revolving around the storyline on a consistent, weekly basis. As of now, aside from this last episode which was meant to spotlight the wedding as WWE likes to do for these kind of angles, the show does not revolve around them. It just doesn't. For the most part, they do their outrageous segment for the night and they're done. It's rather self-contained. Whereas drama surrounding Rollins is built up throughout the night, getting several people involved, which gives it more importance. If you watch the show in full on a weekly basis, you would realize that more.

How is a mod still out here arguing in a circle? You're supposed to end petty arguments, not incite them. Hell...I walked away from this last night, and I expected it to be finished when I looked today. Good lawd...somebody think of the children.

Because people aren't finished discussing things with me? But look at you trying to antagonize me. Once again, if you have nothing of value to add, then move right on.

All you have to do is essentially apply what I said in those posts to this storyline. But short it needs be more integrated into the show and have more presence -- meaning more segments revolving around the storyline on a consistent, weekly basis. As of now, aside from this last episode which was meant to spotlight the wedding as WWE likes to do for these kind of angles, the show does not revolve around them. It just doesn't. For the most part, they do their outrageous segment for the night and they're done. It's rather self-contained. Whereas drama surrounding Rollins is built up throughout the night, getting several people involved, which gives it more importance. If you watch the show in full on a weekly basis, you would realize that more.

But the bolded shit ain't true. Lana has been rambling for excruciatingly long periods of time on every single Raw for the past however many weeks or months...

Again, you need to stop closing every argument with that "you would realize if..."

Why are you so condescending towards people? That shit is not okay. How do you fail to recognize in yourself the exact same attitude that you are directly accusing every other person of having? Your posts are high-and-mighty as shit.

We watched it. We have been watching it. It has been a recurring segment for a long time. It is bad. This is all the discussion that there need be. *Shrug*

You really need to reread what I'm saying. I said throughout the show. On a typical RAW, you don't get Lana rambling multiple times throughout the show.

I'm sorry if you're reading condescension in my posts. I'm not trying to be. I'm stating what I believe is true which is based on what you guys have said for this particular storyline. But since it's a problem, I'll stop hammering that point. No problem.

Wouldn't say the Lana crap is THE main storyline on RAW. Also, wouldn't look too much into the wedding segment closing out the show. It was the last RAW of the year and the decade, and it was expected for it to close it out knowing WWE's obsession with cluster*censored* segments.

The Rollins (&AOP)/Owens (&Joe) program is still the main program imo simply because of who is in it. The top heel on the brand vs. the top face. There's a reason why they have closed out just about every show since Survivor Series bar the most recent one. There's actually a story going there that stems from hatred/revenge.

The Lana/Lashley/Rusev stuff is more of a desperate attempt from WWE to continue beating a dead horse. We've seen it countless times from them over the years. It will continue being a thing for some time, but never was or never will be important/productive enough to be considered the main program/storyline.

I wonder why Rusev gets put into these stupid situations. It seems like WWE doesn't know what to do with him other than putting him in these relationship storylines.

With Brock showing up next week, I wonder who's stepping up to face him? I heard rumors of Goldberg coming back, but after that match with Undertaker, I'm not 100% sure. I would love to see someone like Kevin Owens or someone else step up to face him.

I wonder why Rusev gets put into these stupid situations. It seems like WWE doesn't know what to do with him other than putting him in these relationship storylines.

Honestly, I think it has to do with Vince and his masculine god-complex.

You have Rusev and Lashley...two of the biggest "bulls" in the WWE...and you reduce them to looking like "beta" losers (I refuse to use the C word, on account of it being a far-right/Trumpian battle cry). But, you do that because you are insecure in the fact that you are a senile old man. I think that's a big part of it...

I keep thinking this shit is on USA Network still lol

Pizza and Doritos on deck :D

Wrestle Kingdom tomorrow bro, what ya doin'? Unless you got enough for the night.

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived