WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

And it's not deep at all. You listed top angles, but that's all you did because that's all you could do since (once again) you don't watch the show enough to go much further than that. (And even you do attempt to discuss those storylines in length, I'm sure you'll be as wrong as you are about the Rusev storyline. ;))

This is literally just flamebaiting and trolling. You'd think a mod would have higher standards than that.

Again...I know all of these angles quite well. What details would you care for me to elaborate in great detail? I don't know where you're getting the impression that I live under a rock and have absolutely no idea what is happening in WWE...but, again...not the case. I miss a lot of shows when they air, because I don't care enough about them...but I usually watch them on DVR after the fact...and even when I don't, I catch results in text and photos. My understanding of the WWE product and the major ongoing angles has absolutely nothing to do with why I say the Lana angle has been the center of focus in recent weeks.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's flamebaiting and trolling to you? Stop. Don't trivialize actual flamebaiting and trolling.

You have not once convinced me you know as much as you keep claiming you do. And please, I'm not going to quiz you or whatever. The way you keep pushing this trashy mid-card feud as the centerpiece of RAW says enough to me. Furthermore, I'm not acting like you're living under a rock nor do I think you have absolutely no idea what's going on. You do have an idea but that's all it is, an idea. You just now admitted you use "text and photos" as a way to catch up on a show sometimes but that's not watching it. You know that. You've continually made it clear you are not invested in the product. And that's fine... not a problem. But don't be so confident that you know more or have a better grip on the product than someone who actually watches every RAW/SD live without fast-forwarding or relying on some online aid someone wrote to catch them up.

Anyway, are you going to rebut anything else from my last post because if not, I'm moving on.

PTW... We had a similar argument not too long ago...

What does it actually take for you to believe that someone knows what is happening on a WWE show they no longer religiously follow?

By watching the show firsthand in its entirety without relying on someone's else account or reaction. If you're not willing to do that, then admit your ignorance and realize your thoughts can be highly flawed or wrong.

What does it actually take for you to believe that someone knows what is happening on a WWE show they no longer religiously follow?

By watching the show firsthand in its entirety without relying on someone's else account or reaction. If you're not willing to do that, then admit your ignorance and realize your thoughts can be highly flawed or wrong.

Yeah...but, the show is shit. So...

I don't need to become a heroin addict to say that heroin is bad. Ya dig?

Yeah... No. If the Highlight version, reduced to the best parts, is bad, the whole thing won't be good either

Then be prepared to have your credibility picked apart.

"Picked apart" is a hell of a stretch. And you're the only one doing it. So...nah?

Yeah. I've been picking apart what you've been saying and you're getting defensive about it. People are free to chime in or not. It doesn't matter.

Yeah... No. If the Highlight version, reduced to the best parts, is bad, the whole thing won't be good either

That's so faulty. How do you know the highlight version has the best parts? You're basing your opinion on someone else's opinion of the show and what they thought was good. Is this how you watch movies or other TV shows?

Then be prepared to have your credibility picked apart.

"Picked apart" is a hell of a stretch. And you're the only one doing it. So...nah?

Yeah. I've been picking apart what you've been saying and you're getting defensive about it. People are free to chime in or not. It doesn't matter.

That's so faulty. How do you know the highlight version has the best parts? You're basing your opinion on someone else's opinion of the show and what they thought was good. Is this how you watch movies or other TV shows?

Experience. This week's Raw is not my first one.

I don't understand how anyone can have such a firm opinion on something they've not actually watched themselves but that's your prerogative.

Well...then you really don't understand how media is generally consumed

Sure, it's a shame how carelessly media is consumed by a number of people. So much shallowness and ignorance.

I don't understand how anyone can have such a firm opinion on something they've not actually watched themselves but that's your prerogative.

Well...then you really don't understand how media is generally consumed

Sure, it's a shame how carelessly media is consumed by a number of people. So much shallowness and ignorance.

Media is carelessly consumed, by not allowing people to notice certain negative patterns, based on similar experience beforehand.

I don't need to watch "10 More Awesome ways to eat your Pizza" in order to be able to judge the content, after watching the previous three video of "10 Awesome ways to eat your Pizza".

Will I ever be 100% right in my judgment? Yeah. Sometimes. Are the other instances worth enough to force yourself through another 130 minutes of Raw and 50 minutes of commercials every week, while having access to the highlights? No. Not really.

Gen has shown that he knows about the product. Infact...if you go a few weeks back, you can see him posting live during the Raw broadcast on this forum. Since literally no wrestling reviewers on the internet went "WWE turned that angle around completely! They didn't show it anywhere on their own YT channel, but there are 5 seconds on Raw that totally make you love this storyline!", it' fair game to say...he knows the product.

And I really don't understand why you're so hell bend on defending this storyline, whenever someone who didn't watch 180 minutes of Raw criticizes it.

one of the main storylines? Absolutely. But claim that it's all the way THE main storyline that represents WWE is just wrong. It's not me defending their shitty programming, it's just that it actually is spread out, for better or worse.

On some level, does it represent what WWE is about? Of course, it's what they decided to put out.

@Legion: Hell bent defending what storyline? The Rusev storyline? Im not doing that here if thats what youre saying. If anything, Im doing the opposite by downplaying its importance and prominence on RAW. Im keep saying its not the main storyline on RAW. The Rollins stuff is.

Honestly, Im having hard time following most of what youre saying. But just let me say youre free to criticize whatever the heck you want. But if you post something that I find inaccurate or ignorant then Im probably going to speak up and be vocal about it.

@Jiggy: Exactly what Aono said (glad someone else is speaking up on this). Im not denying this Rusev storyline is not a major current storyline. But calling it THE main storyline is wrong to me. Plus, to be clear, the wedding angle is one part of this ongoing, never-ending program. This whole Rusev storyline has not been about a wedding, its just the latest (big) thing to happen in it.

You claim you are arguing ignorance, yet you are happy to say that Seth Rollins' midcard story, that is literally not in the main event, is the main storyline, in comparison to the story that gets the most attention from fans on all social media, aswell as from the company itself.

It's literally the storyline that gets the most promotion and attention. What else would it need to do to be THE top storyline in the WWE atm? Again...This wedding ENDED SEVERAL RAWS including, and I can't stress that enough, THE VERY LAST WWE SHOW OF THE DECADE.

What is necessary for it to count as the main story at the moment?

@LEGION. By that criteria, there was no chance that any story on SD could be main one in WWE, because it couldn't be on "THE VERY LAST WWE SHOW OF THE DECADE". And Smackdown is not really treated as a "B show" in a sense like before.

I just don't get why is it so hard to accept that there is no "THE main story". I mean, we all shit on the product constantly and recognize how shitty it mostly is. But some of the arguments in this ridiculous discussion make it seem like some of you have no idea what kind of program WWE currently is and has been for some time.

There are also various reasons why that specific story was sometimes at the start of the show, in the middle or in the end. You could make the argument that it was the main story on this show, or even the last two, but that's not what was said. Charlotte/Becky vs Kabuki Warriors was the match that closed the last PPV of the decade or the the most recent one in general. Was that a THE main story in WWE? It simply wasn't. Was it ONE OF THE important stories, it actually was.

Even so this whole argument is ridiculous to me, because one side is hell bent on presenting it as a top story like it has been for months and that it represents the whole show and above all the whole WWE. Which is simply not the case. The wedding was promoted as much as any other weddings in WWE before. Why? Because it's a wedding and a spectacle. And weddings have almost always iirc closed out shows.

If they really wanted to stress the importance of the "final RAW of the decade" they would have stressed that much more than they did, I think we can all believe that.

This was probably a drunken discussion probably anyways... if not, it should have been.

Best to you all in 2020 btw.

Happy New Year!

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived