WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

What's with all the local jobbers lately, theyre on every show for weeks

Because the WWE doesn't want to book their own low- and no-carders if their life depends on it.

If they did, then people would complain "why so ad so and is getting buried".

Yes. Because it is still a nothing story, regardless of who is involved.

But atleast the next time No Way Jose appears on TV, people would know that he existed for a while now and is now trying to get his first win in a while Most people don't know that Epico & Primo are still with the company, for example. Or remember EC3? Mike Kanellis? Or how Mojo Rawley had completely random video packages for the majority of the past two years? Is Heath Slater still with the company? The Brian Kendrick? Using your own roster goes a long way. It makes it worth investing in people, because the fans are no longer conitioned to only care about the top 10% of the roster.

It worked for Curt Hawkins & Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal got a World title out of it.

Well we agree on the bolded part. And I didn't mean in to be otherwise. That's why I have the example of Black and Murphy of how they done well with that one. Or for example, Orton could have matches on TV to put over low card talent.

All I'm saying is, I don't mind them using local talent as a change up.

What we are talking about is a major flaw in their booking in general, and I'm pretty sure we agree on that.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Reddit, someone trying to make sense out of it

Lashley told Lana that Rusev cheated on her, so Lana left Rusev to do it with Lashley instead. That was obviously a "lie" but it all makes sense now. What if Lashley saw Liv Morgan leave Rusev/Lana's hotel room looking like she just "had a good time", when in actuality she was sleeping with Lana the whole time. So the whole thing was one big misunderstanding, except when it's all said and done, Lana's still the bitch cuz she's the cheater either way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ei1lui/raw_spoilers_it_all_makes_sense_now_kinda/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

WWE using homosexuality as shock value is so dumb. I genuinely can't believe some of you watch this shit every week

The sad thing is...I actually don't. :lol:

I've missed countless Raws and SD's recently...but I actually remembered to watch this week. And, well...I'm pretty sure this is the nail in the coffin for me. Not the lesbian angle...just the lazy booking in general. Like I said before...they just made it easier for me to find the time to watch more NJPW, AEW, MLW, NWA, and other programs. It's almost like they want to lose viewers. I'll keep an ear to the ground for any outstanding matches or worthwhile segments...but, yeah...I just don't have it in me to waste valuable time on this shit anymore.

Hell...maybe I'll try to watch NXT UK now.

Nah...probably not. Lol.

WWE using homosexuality as shock value is so dumb. I genuinely can't believe some of you watch this shit every week

One segment doesnt define the quality of a show.

That segment was like half an hour long, and served as the go-home for a new decade. If that doesn't define the "quality" of WWE right now...then exactly what does? Also, don't play dumb and act like this was a single hiccup. Everyone has been saying this angle is trash for weeks now (months?)...it's been the main angle in the entire company, and it has been bad.

Because of the way Liv acted after the whole mess, I wanna remain a little bit optimistic about it and still believe this was just the beginning of Liv's new darker character who just wanted to ruin one of her pal's wedding just for shits and giggles. Let me believe, please lol.

One segment doesnt define the quality of a show.

That segment was like half an hour long, and served as the go-home for a new decade. If that doesn't define the "quality" of WWE right now...then exactly what does? Also, don't play dumb and act like this was a single hiccup. Everyone has been saying this angle is trash for weeks now (months?)...it's been the main angle in the entire company, and it has been bad.

Im specifically talking about last nights RAW which was more than one 20 min segment. The show was not all shit as Creep is insinuating. There were several segments worth watching.

That might be true...but at the same time, a product is only as strong as its weakest component. You wouldn't buy a million dollar sports car if the engine was going to catch on fire after the third lap around the track. The point here is, that as good as some of the content in WWE might be trying its hardest to be...we'll always get absolute shit in the end. And that is exhausting.

And I'm saying that it is hard to be invested in something every week when it ends up being the same garbage, despite how positive some aspects may seem. Which I'm pretty sure is his point. To watch it every week, you need to be invested in what is happening. And if the main storyline is awful, that's hard to do. Hence, it's hard to believe that people are still willing to watch every single week. It's one thing to check in, to see what is worth watching...but to watch weekly requires a commitment to the quality (or lack thereof) of the product.

And I'm saying that it is hard to be invested in something every week when it ends up being the same garbage, despite how positive some aspects may seem. Which I'm pretty sure is his point. To watch it every week, you need to be invested in what is happening. And if the main storyline is awful, that's hard to do. Hence, it's hard to believe that people are still willing to watch every single week. It's one thing to check in, to see what is worth watching...but to watch weekly requires a commitment to the quality (or lack thereof) of the product.

I couldn't have said it much better myself.

It's not the main storyline nor has it ever been. I don't know where you're getting that from. It's a low-brow, mid-card feud that has been treated as such. The Rollins/Owens program is currently more important and essential to the show than this. And before that, it was the SS brand warfare. And before that it was Rollins/Fiend. If you had been watching the show these past few months you would know that, but you don't and like several others here who don't watch, you think you know more than those of us who do watch and you can't help but lecture us on how wrong we are about the show you don't watch. It's pretty funny in a paradoxical way.

The Lana storyline has 100% been the main storyline with the most commitment.

How are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me that a 30 minute segment to close the last show of the decade has not been the main storyline on Raw? YES...IT HAS. There have been other things here and there...like the stuff with Owens or Rollins (which should be the main storylines)...but the Lana stuff has been. 100%, it has been. It has had the most time and effort put into it. Tell me I'm wrong about that...because I'm not. Week after week, we've seen Lana come out and cut excruciatingly long promos that filled time which belonged to more talented acts. As someone who has missed episodes of Raw and Smackdown over the past months...if you asked me what the main storyline of WWE has been in this quarter of the year...that is the exact answer I would give you...because it has overshadowed everything else (including much better angles). I'm familiar with the Owens angle, the Seth and AoP angle, the Bryan and Fiend angle...but the top angle that represents WWE as a whole is absolutely the Lana angle, and has been. It gets the most time, and it is the one that they are the most committed to telling, regardless of how downright dogshit it has been. The top storyline is the one, where, when the program ends, you are left thinking/talking about it. That's exactly what we have here.

Also, I never said that I don't watch. I watch here and there. I miss episodes, because they aren't worth my time. But I watch. I know all of the top angles. You are simply wrong about what the top storyline is. Brock is MIA, Raw doesn't even have a top belt right now. Owens vs Rollins should be a WWE title fued, but it isn't. Bryan is fighting Wyatt over a leather cod-piece with a clown mask on it. WWE is in shambles right now. And the thing they promote the most, is Lana being a dumb, annoying adulterous ho...because they've given up on anything resembling quality.

The Lana storyline has 100% been the main storyline with the most commitment.

How are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me that a 30 minute segment to close the last show of the decade has not been the main storyline on Raw? YES...IT HAS. There have been other things here and there...like the stuff with Owens or Rollins (which should be the main storylines)...but the Lana stuff has been. 100%, it has been. It has had the most time and effort put into it. Tell me I'm wrong about that...because I'm not. Week after week, we've seen Lana come out and cut excruciatingly long promos that filled time which belonged to more talented acts. As someone who has missed episodes of Raw and Smackdown over the past months...if you asked me what the main storyline of WWE has been in this quarter of the year...that is the exact answer I would give you...because it has overshadowed everything else (including much better angles). I'm familiar with the Owens angle, the Seth and AoP angle, the Bryan and Fiend angle...but the top angle that represents WWE as a whole is absolutely the Lana angle, and has been. It gets the most time, and it is the one that they are the most committed to telling, regardless of how downright dogshit it has been. The top storyline is the one, where, when the program ends, you are left thinking/talking about it. That's exactly what we have here.

Also, I never said that I don't watch. I watch here and there. I miss episodes, because they aren't worth my time. But I watch. I know all of the top angles. You are simply wrong about what the top storyline is. Brock is MIA, Raw doesn't even have a top belt right now. Owens vs Rollins should be a WWE title fued, but it isn't. Bryan is fighting Wyatt over a leather cod-piece with a clown mask on it. WWE is in shambles right now. And the thing they promote the most, is Lana being a dumb, annoying adulterous ho...because they've given up on anything resembling quality.

You are without a doubt, absolutely 100% wrong. I say that with a straight face without the slightest bit of hesitation. Go binge watch full episodes of RAW these past few months and you'll see how committed they have been to Seth Rollins. How much screen time he gets. How prominent he is. The number of segments he gets weekly. How storylines bleed into his. He has been far more integral to RAW and its direction than Rusev/Lana/Lashley has. Easily. The reason you hear about the Rusev/Lana/Lashely silliness is because it's car cash TV that aims to be controversial and ridiculous because it gets people talking about its simple, trashy absurdity. That, however, doesn't mean their storyline is the main/top storyline or that it's more integral to RAW itself.

You've admitted you've missed "countless" episodes and how you barely remembered to watch the show last night. That says a lot. So to me, based on what you've been saying, it sounds like you're hardly watching the show (at most) and it's to the extent where you now have a poor understanding what the current product is doing.

You've admitted you've missed "countless" episodes and how you barely remembered to watch the show last night. That says a lot. So to me, based on what you've been saying, it sounds like you're hardly watching the show (at most) and it's to the extent where you now have a poor understanding what the current product is doing.

This is hilarious.

All of it is, really.

Contrary to popular belief, WWE programming does not require intense focus or deep analysis to comprehend. How are you going to tell me that I have "poor understanding" of what is going on, when I literally just listed all of the top angles and have a perfect understanding of them all? :lol:

I've missed/skipped episodes because I can. Because, missing episodes is inconsequential to what is actually going on. That says a lot more than whatever it is you think WWE is doing with Seth...because, it's nothing new. They've always pushed Seth. They never stopped pushing Seth.

Main angles get more time than other angles, and main angles finish shows. That's all there is to it. It might go against all logic and common sense for Seth/Owens to not be the main angle on the show...but that's basically my point...because they aren't treating it like it is at all. It's a grudge feud on the midcard...while Lana spewing incomprehensible garbage is the crown jewel on the dumpster fire.

That pathetic excuse of a Wedding was complete and utter shit. And to top it off? They ruined Liv's return instantly by including her into this stupid *censored*ing angle.

Sure, there were things about Raw that I enjoyed. Joe and Owens teaming up, Black vs Murphy and Randy's worked injury angle. Those were my favourite parts of this weeks show.

vOayEmg.png

I don’t get it.

Empty seats in front of a screen.

That pathetic excuse of a Wedding was complete and utter shit. And to top it off? They ruined Liv's return instantly by including her into this stupid *censored*ing angle.

Sure, there were things about Raw that I enjoyed. Joe and Owens teaming up, Black vs Murphy and Randy's worked injury angle. Those were my favourite parts of this weeks show.

Hopefully, they'll give some kind of explanation or something along those lines next week...hopefully...or not.

This is hilarious.

All of it is, really.

Contrary to popular belief, WWE programming does not require intense focus or deep analysis to comprehend. How are you going to tell me that I have "poor understanding" of what is going on, when I literally just listed all of the top angles and have a perfect understanding of them all? :lol:

I've missed/skipped episodes because I can. Because, missing episodes is inconsequential to what is actually going on. That says a lot more than whatever it is you think WWE is doing with Seth...because, it's nothing new. They've always pushed Seth. They never stopped pushing Seth.

Main angles get more time than other angles, and main angles finish shows. That's all there is to it. It might go against all logic and common sense for Seth/Owens to not be the main angle on the show...but that's basically my point...because they aren't treating it like it is at all. It's a grudge feud on the midcard...while Lana spewing incomprehensible garbage is the crown jewel on the dumpster fire.

Yeah, they're pushing the shit out of him right now. That's my point! lol They're pushing him more than Rusev and co. He has a more prominent, integral role to the show than any of them. It blows my mind how confident you are when you don't watch the show nearly enough to have such confidence. That's my problem with this discussion.

And it's not deep at all. You listed top angles, but that's all you did because that's all you could do since (once again) you don't watch the show enough to go much further than that. (And even you do attempt to discuss those storylines in length, I'm sure you'll be as wrong as you are about the Rusev storyline. ;))

Main storylines finishing shows is not always the case and is definitely not a rule of thumb to live by. I mean, using your logic, Styles/Orton is the top program right now since that storyline has been featured twice in that slot this past month.

And if you want to talk about time, then Rollins has you covered. Again, he's had a prominent, important role lately which eats up quite a bit of screen time on him or people talking about him. So whatever impression you have of his current role, it's been wrong. The show revolves around Rollins more than it does Rusev/Lana/Lashley.

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived