WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, nobody noticed that Ali got his first name back?

Don't know if he was announced as Mustafa, but it was on the screen.

So the live crowd didn't get an advertised Stone Cold appearance, didn't get advertised an Undertaker appearance, and no dark main event. And the usual 205 live, but to be fair, that's different, so it's understandable.

But hey, there was a WWE title match for 6 seconds.

Tbh, I would give them major shit for not even mentioning Austin or Taker. They advertised Austin for weeks now, and if something actually happened and he couldn't be there or whatever, there should be somekind of statement or something?

So the live crowd didn't get an advertised Stone Cold appearance, didn't get advertised an Undertaker appearance, and no dark main event. And the usual 205 live, but to be fair, that's different, so it's understandable.

Tbh, I would give them major shit for not even mentioning Austin or Taker. They advertised Austin for weeks now, and if something actually happened and he couldn't be there or whatever, there should be somekind of statement or something?

Yeah, I thought that was crap as well. I would've been pretty mad if I would have bought tickets for this show and Austin and Taker not show up. If true, glad Ali got his first name back. Rolls off the tongue a lot better.

Correction, he got a new first name, Mustard Ali.

Both. It's a terrible response because you believe it nullifies my whole point which was basically saying you're comparison was very flawed and inaccurate.

You brought in the belt. I didn't. Not to mention, he had a six month run and he lost to THE most protected guy in the WWE. Nothing to get mad about. You guys are acting like he's going to be on main event next week in a feud with Zach Ryder.

You can make this case about Kofi's booking but my issue with you is that you made a bad comparison to justify your reasoning which then made your reasoning look really faulty. That's it. I was just pointing out how dissimilar the Lesnar/Goldberg match was.

But for the record, I'm not as shattered over this as you think I am. I thought his run as champ wasn't very good, frankly. He was uninteresting and his opponents and feuds were lackluster to say the least. My main problem with this whole thing is that you generally shouldn't book your champions to look weak and insignificant as that. Kofi IMO came off looking like a nobody. I don't think his future is dire. I know he'll survive this ultimately. But in that moment -- losing that match like he did and then pushed aside to be forgotten about so that the real fighters can get to work -- he came off as a total nobody. Not cool. You don't do that to your champ especially in front of a slew of new viewers.

Bryan was treated the same way against Sheamus at Wrestlemania no less. He went on to have a pretty good career.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up matches that don't share all the problems I had with last night's match? :shift: Not to mention, like I said earlier, I don't think Kofi's career is in jeopardy.

People of course body shaming and judging a book by it's cover with Cain.

He may not look much but he's a badass in mma and did pretty good in his wrestling debut at TripleMania, which wasn't all just flippy stuff and even then it wasn't bad.

In WWE, I can see him being like Ken Shamrock

Damn dude don't 'bodyshame'

People of course body shaming and judging a book by it's cover with Cain.

He may not look much but he's a badass in mma and did pretty good in his wrestling debut at TripleMania, which wasn't all just flippy stuff and even then it wasn't bad.

In WWE, I can see him being like Ken Shamrock

Damn dude don't 'bodyshame'

I ain't you

I know. Shame on him and Cain don't need a shirt just because he's not all imposing and ripped like Brock or something. He doesn't look dumb but you can tell he's a tough fighter

Seriously. Stop kidding yourself. He looks worse than Jake Hager's opponents

I know. Shame on him and Cain don't need a shirt just because he's not all imposing and ripped like Brock or something. He doesn't look dumb but you can tell he's a tough fighter

Seriously. Stop kidding yourself. He looks worse than Jake Hager's opponents

He looks worse? Alright, so? is he actually a worse fighter?(answer is hell naw)

Oh Christ calm down. I wasnt even body shaming. I told him to put on a shirt cos I thought he looked a bit goofy, even in the context of wrestling where men are always shirtless. It was just a dumb first impression. Nobody is body shaming, you are coming up with your own weird interpretations of what I said. Stop white knighting.

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived