WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

33 minutes ago, Generations said:

Won't happen. 

And, honestly, there is no reason for it to happen. WWE has always said "we are entertainment, not wrestling"...and now they have the chance to prove it. 

There's actually plenty of reasons for it to happen right now. Most entertainment in general is shut down and so wwe not being a pure wrestling company isn't an excuse 

A break would be great for wrestlers mentally and physically. They can self quarantine or just spend time with family during this bizarre time in the world.

Crowdless shows at the performance center hasn't been all that good or worthy for the most part and so I don't get why some are so reluctant about a break. Would you miss wrestling that much for just a couple of months?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then WWE would fold, because they would have no income and no way to pay any of their performers. 

So...again...it shouldn't happen, and it won't. 

WWE has television deals. They have contracts. They make money with those contracts. They have options that standard sports do not, because they can easily shoot these short-film style matches and keep their storylines going. It's not a problem. It should never really get to a point where it will be a problem. I agree that the wrestlers shouldn't be forced to do anything they aren't comfortable doing. But, we all know...wrestlers WANT to wrestle. None of them would be happy sitting at home and doing nothing anyway. 

Even if Raw and Smackdown end up being nothing but interview segments and hijinks, WWE needs to keep doing something, for the sake of maintaining a product.

Whether there keeps being "live" wrestling or not really isn't that important, tbh. But you don't stop the shows entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Y’all think we’re gonna see some call ups this week or y’all think they’re gonna wait? 

Nah. We're already chugging along with bare essentials only.

Don't think they would bring in more people than they need. 

For that matter...I worry about people being released to save money. I think Goldberg and Brock are being written off for that exact reason. I think there's a real possibility that guys like Hawkins and Ryder, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, etc. could all see their releases relatively soon.

1 minute ago, Generations said:

For that matter...I worry about people being released to save money. I think Goldberg and Brock are being written off for that exact reason. 

True

6 minutes ago, Generations said:

What is that giant unicorn horn thing they keep showing in the Hollywood Mania video? Am I missing something? Lol.

I'm from LA and I have no idea lol. It looks like it's by City Hall but there's nothing like that in that area.

7 minutes ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Y’all think we’re gonna see some call ups this week or y’all think they’re gonna wait? 

I don't see any happening anymore til there's a draft.

4 minutes ago, Generations said:

For that matter...I worry about people being released to save money. I think Goldberg and Brock are being written off for that exact reason. I think there's a real possibility that guys like Hawkins and Ryder, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, etc. could all see their releases relatively soon.

I really don’t see those four getting the chop. Ryder has tenure on his side, only Miz and Orton have been around longer without leaving. Hawkins is one of their go-to guys for getting legends back to ring shape, Perfect and Lesnar were close so Axel’s safe, and Bo’s dad works there. If anything I see no-name PC scrubs getting the chop over main roster guys. 

1 minute ago, King RyderFan said:

I really don’t see those four getting the chop. Ryder has tenure on his side, only Miz and Orton have been around longer without leaving. Hawkins is one of their go-to guys for getting legends back to ring shape, Perfect and Lesnar were close so Axel’s safe, and Bo’s dad works there. If anything I see no-name PC scrubs getting the chop over main roster guys. 

Money is king. 

WWE is absolutely hurting right now. They don't have to "want" to release people...but if they find themselves needing to, then those are absolutely the kind of people who it would be. Your so-called "PC scrubs" are going to be the future. WWE would have no desire to release them (not to mention, the PC people make little money to begin with).

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived