WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ricochet is just not a top guy to me. He's obviously a top athlete with a ton of skill. But...I'm a bit bewildered by his push. I'm not sure what WWE thinks they're going to pull out of him that we haven't already seen. I'm pretty sure we've seen it all. To top it off, his promo skills are flat, and somehow getting flatter. He's a fan favorite...and that's great. But, he ain't "that guy".

I mean...to me, he very much comes off as a dude named Trevor, who plays a dude named Ricochet, who works for an entertainment company. He isn't suspending my disbelief for half a second...and that's the biggest part of professional wrestling. He needs to do more. He has that "babyface shine" that's near impossible to rub off. You can't just be "happy to be here".

How many careers has that been the death of? A lot.

he suffers from Babyfaceitis. WWE cant book babyfaces well and i dont know why. literally just dont give em corny shit to say and hell be fine. dude has a cool look, cool entrance, cool moves but he gets on the mic and talks about chasing your dreams and believing in yourself man nobody wants to hear that Disney channel ass shit. i dont know why they wont let babyfaces just talk shit, they literally always get over that way. like i cant think of a time that didnt work. if theyre not great on the mic just have em talk shit. not everyone has to be humble.

he suffers from Babyfaceitis. WWE cant book babyfaces well and i dont know why. literally just dont give em corny shit to say and hell be fine. dude has a cool look, cool entrance, cool moves but he gets on the mic and talks about chasing your dreams and believing in yourself man nobody wants to hear that Disney channel ass shit. i dont know why they wont let babyfaces just talk shit, they literally always get over that way. like i cant think of a time that didnt work. if theyre not great on the mic just have em talk shit. not everyone has to be humble.

Eh...I think it sounds fine when someone like Mustafa Ali does it.

So...really, I think it's just something Ricochet is lacking. He has really weak delivery.

I'm sure most people who aren't given scripted promos would be a lot better if they were allowed to go off the dome. You can almost easily tell when someone's promo has been written from top to bottom by somebody backstage, but even then, you can definitely make it sound more convicting and less scripted by knowing how to change your tone and such. Scripted promos CAN be good. Most of the time they aren't.

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived