WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already know Samoa Joe gonna come out to help even the odds when Seth shows, Seth runs, then

Big Show comes out (if he's there going by the rumor I saw), acts like he's gonna help, KO punch to Joe, Seth and comp get the upper hand and stand tall

Hurry this up, I got shit to do and stuff to watch

That sell

One thing down

Nvm

Becky is full of herself, and she ain't that good.

And the dumping money in the ring shit was cringy at best.

Indeed... and the cameras zooming in on the denominations certainly didn't help the cause. It was like a few $100 bills, and the rest were $1 bills.

High roller Becky.... LUL

^

That's not even comparable tbh. The only thing similar is the longevity. Rollins is at least adding aspects to his character. AOP and Murphy are getting good screen time after being nowhere (Murphy would be again directionless after Black feud). KO is still getting the short end of the stick in the feud though with no real progress for him though, which is strange and that sucks.

Reigns vs Corbin feud includes all the most boring characters on the show you can have and the opposite of the above. Or actually, it made me more keen on Corbin to a degree.

Not sure which feud is worse at this point: Reigns/Corbin or Seth & Co./Owens & Co. Both have long overstayed their welcome and need to die a miserable *censored*ing death.

Terrible comparison lmao.

^

That's not even comparable tbh. The only thing similar is the longevity. Rollins is at least adding aspects to his character. AOP and Murphy are getting good screen time after being nowhere (Murphy would be again directionless after Black feud). KO is still getting the short end of the stick in the feud though with no real progress for him though, which is strange and that sucks.

Reigns vs Corbin feud includes all the most boring characters on the show you can have and the opposite of the above. Or actually, it made me more keen on Corbin to a degree.

Even the length isnt comparable. Havent Reigns and Corbin been feuding since SD went to FOX?

Not sure which feud is worse at this point: Reigns/Corbin or Seth & Co./Owens & Co. Both have long overstayed their welcome and need to die a miserable *censored*ing death.

There are parallels, though. The last few weeks the Seth program has stalled a bit cause they keep booking same multi-tag matches over and over again with little story development. It's a very simliar formula to the Reigns/Corbin stuff over on SD.

There are parallels, though. The last few weeks the Seth program has stalled a bit cause they keep booking same multi-tag matches over and over again with little story development. It's a very simliar formula to the Reigns/Corbin stuff over on SD.

I agree with that, but the length of the Corbin & Reigns feud is like 2-3x the length of the Raw program. Ive only just gotten sick of that one where Corbin & Reigns completely got me to stop watching altogether.

^

I'm not talking about people getting more screen time though. It's the feud itself that's the problem. It's been the same recycled shit for almost three months now and it's going nowhere. Just like Reigns/Corbin. One can argue that Ziggler and Roode (and Usos) too have been getting more screen time on Smackdown as a result of their feud but the feud, in essence, still *censored*ing sucks.

You could miss a complete month of RAW and Smackdown and wouldn't really lose out on anything remotely different to what's been going on for months.

I agree with that, but the length of the Corbin & Reigns feud is like 2-3x the length of the Raw program. Ive only just gotten sick of that one where Corbin & Reigns completely got me to stop watching altogether.

The Reigns/Corbin feud is only like three weeks older than the Rollins/Owens feud. It's hardly a "terrible comparison" when both feuds essentially involve the same recycled stuff every week.

I'm getting really tired of the lack of 24/7 championship changes.

Like...having a ridiculous amount of title changes is the whole gimmick, yet week after week we get R-Truth and maybe another person holding it, with barely any title changes over weeks

Ricochet is just not a top guy to me. He's obviously a top athlete with a ton of skill. But...I'm a bit bewildered by his push. I'm not sure what WWE thinks they're going to pull out of him that we haven't already seen. I'm pretty sure we've seen it all. To top it off, his promo skills are flat, and somehow getting flatter. He's a fan favorite...and that's great. But, he ain't "that guy".

I mean...to me, he very much comes off as a dude named Trevor, who plays a dude named Ricochet, who works for an entertainment company. He isn't suspending my disbelief for half a second...and that's the biggest part of professional wrestling. He needs to do more. He has that "babyface shine" that's near impossible to rub off. You can't just be "happy to be here".

How many careers has that been the death of? A lot.

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived