WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

I love this feud between Rollins and Owens right now. Rollins being revealed to be aligned w/ AOP was a bit predictable, sure... but predictability isn't always a bad thing in wrestling like a lot fans claim - and it was done very well. Owens looked smart as *Censored* all the way through, too. Dude saw through Rollins' bullshit and knew he was up to some sneak shit the entire time.

I think it was pretty easy to tell that Rollins' real life frustrations were coming out for real during his promo. Hopefully this will fuel his mic work going forward and his overall character. I just really want Seth to change his theme and bring back the blonde in his hair. I feel like I'm one of the few who actually dug that look.

You're not alone dude. I thought that was Seth's best look. Actually, his FCW look with the blonde in his hair and all the band shirts was my favorite version. I remember downloading Dr Vries version of it in WWE 12.

Speaking of new themes for Seth, I read somewhere that he were to change his theme, he would change it too either "2nd Sucks" by A Day To Remember, or "Wild Eyes" by Parkway Drive. What does everybody think of that?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seth makes sense. Morrison would make no sense at all.

Let's not demand "shock and awe" just for the sake of shock and awe. That's a slippery slope. The reveal could have been done better. It felt like a complete throw-away moment...but, that doesn't change Seth from being the one it should have been.

Let's not demand "shock and awe" just for the sake of shock and awe. That's a slippery slope. The reveal could have been done better. It felt like a complete throw-away moment...but, that doesn't change Seth from being the one it should have been.

Agreed. With Morrison (who casuals haven't seen in 8+ years, and of course those who have never even heard of him), it would have severely flopped. Seth turing was long overdue

It was supposed to be over the top and tbh I chuckled a couple of times. She was great for what it was.

While I do have a problem with the whole program being sexist as *Censored*, I really get the sense that all three of them went into it and just said: "*Censored* it". And just go and act silly, with Lana being over the top to accentuate how terrible and in the wrong she is. Idk, to me it seems like they accepted it and try to have fun with it. Even with something as "serious" as a divorce, Rusev was wearing a Donald Duck shirt... and Lawler just being weirded out the whole time.

Though every time they include sex into it just becomes awkward as *Censored* :lol: Like last night when she went about all the places and times Rusev would want to have sex with her, or accusing him of being a sex addict couple of weeks back... or to the very first segment which was just awkward with how long and accentuated asf it was and basically coming out of nowhere.

All of this would be waay more terrible if they would try do it seriously. Like a lot of the times these angles were. The last one with Ziggler for example...

But as I've said, my only gripe at this point is about it being totally sexist and depicting Lana as a total monster.

Agreed. With Morrison (who casuals haven't seen in 8+ years, and of course those who have never even heard of him), it would have severely flopped. Seth turing was long overdue

WWE needs shock value, it been boring and predictable for to long, you don't even have to watch it anymore, to know what's going to happen. Sami Zayn or John Morrison would have been fun, then later Seth Rollins revealed as the mastermind.

Morrison would make sense as much as Mojo Rawley or Shelton Benjamin would. They would be pretty shocking too.

I wasn't shocked per se, but I was expecting Seth to turn and have a meltdown without AOP alliance. Now I'm kinda interested to what kind of dynamic this will lead to. And besides, there is a heel trio already with the OC.

I just hope all this leads to KO winning the Rumble and kicks Lesnars ass in a good match. I remember that being a "dream match" when he debuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUw_ZIDOK30

Lets relive my favorite WWE holiday moment ever.

Only beaten by Del Rio using a Teddy Bear as a weapon in the match with Cena imo

Also...it was kinda weird timing, because Del Rio turned face a week prior to that :lol:

Then turned heel to lose to Cena that night, and turned face again like a week later. What a weird time.

Lets relive my favorite WWE holiday moment ever.

Only beaten by Del Rio using a Teddy Bear as a weapon in the match with Cena imo

Also...it was kinda weird timing, because Del Rio turned face a week prior to that :lol:

Then turned heel to lose to Cena that night, and turned face again like a week later. What a weird time.

It wasn't a full heel turn, as Del Rio apologised numerous times, but no one was listening. :lol:

It was noted by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live that the current plan for the 30-man and 30-woman [Royal Rumble] matches is for there to be 10 RAW Superstars, 10 SmackDown Superstars, and 10 NXT Superstars in each.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/backstage-news-on-plans-for-the-2020-wwe-royal-rumble-663476/

Eh

• Jmerc locked and unpinned this topic

Archived