Official Hell in a Cell Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he's just super tough idk

Ah yes..."super tough" to the extent of taking more damage than literally anyone has ever been booked to absorb in WWE history. :lol: Nah, bro...it's a supernatural gimmick. For sure.

Anyway...ya'll remember Kane taking three tombstones from Undertaker, and it being a holy shit moment? Because, I remember. It was a legitimately awe-inspiring moment. You can't even have moments like that anymore...thanks to this steaming pile of a beatdown.

Okay "bro", didn't mean to offend bro.

Those curbstomps definitely weren't the most damage in WWE history, they were light as shit

Who even asked for the referee's opinion? Nobody should ever care about a referee.

Ryderfan

RyderFan*

TBH, I wish they did stuff like that referee interview more often, the last time I remember them doing something this is when they interviewed the ref for the Show/Strowman ring break on RAW a few weeks after. It's cool when non-wrestlers get a chance to show a little bit of personality. It's one of the few things the Attitude Era did right, letting guys like Earl Hebner and the Fink show some character.

Referees should never show any character. They are there to blend in, not steal spotlight.

Alright, how much spotlight did Hebner, Gene Okerlund or Howard Finkel steal from the wrestlers? I'm not saying have them in matches or cutting promos, but even something as little as getting a snarky introduction during your entrance if you start bullying the ring announcer goes a long way.

how did you equate announcers with referees? :lol:

And yeah, that "Shorty Gable" snarky comment did wonders.

Both are non-wrestling roles which are mostly in the background.

The only reasons that didn't work was because of how out of the blue it was and because it was directed at an underdog face. If there was actually some story behind it, like say Gable was a heel bullying the announcer, then it would have been better.

Referees should never show any character. They are there to blend in, not steal spotlight.

Alright, how much spotlight did Hebner, Gene Okerlund or Howard Finkel steal from the wrestlers? I'm not saying have them in matches or cutting promos, but even something as little as getting a snarky introduction during your entrance if you start bullying the ring announcer goes a long way.

I mention referee, and then you go into a rant about people that arent referees.

Hmm.

I mention referee, and then you go into a rant about people that arent referees.

Hmm.

I wasn't excluding refs. I covered them in more detail a while ago in the unpopular opinions thread.

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/481590-unpopular-wrestling-opinions-xiii/page-12

Archived