Official Hell in a Cell Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couple things:

1. im not sure how much weight this holds, but WWE on Fox tweeted it was a DQ

2. if it was referee stoppage due to Bray being defenseless, why didnt the ref check on Bray? he rang the bell as soon Seth hit him. looks like a DQ to me. and then its made worse by Bray choking Seth out like a minute later.

1. If that's the case, then I'll give you it's a shitty ruling. Ref stoppage would make the most sense given what happened.

2. They were checking on him and putting him on a stretcher til the Claw happened.

i FORGOT about the neck snap. thats a literal kill move. why not stop the match there?

That I can give you. They should have saved that for the post match beatdown.
yeah that was AFTER the bell rang. referee stoppage happens after the referee checks on the guy to see if he can continue. he didnt do that, he just rang the bell after the hit. its made worse by the fact that we now know that had the match not have been stopped, Bray would have got up and won. thus the RESTART MATCH chants

Except he did do that he was telling Seth he was knocked out before he hit up

couple things:

2. if it was referee stoppage due to Bray being defenseless, why didnt the ref check on Bray? he rang the bell as soon Seth hit him. looks like a DQ to me. and then its made worse by Bray choking Seth out like a minute later.

1. If that's the case, then I'll give you it's a shitty ruling. Ref stoppage would make the most sense given what happened.

2. They were checking on him and putting him on a stretcher til the Claw happened.

i FORGOT about the neck snap. thats a literal kill move. why not stop the match there?

yeah that was AFTER the bell rang. referee stoppage happens after the referee checks on the guy to see if he can continue. he didnt do that, he just rang the bell after the hit. its made worse by the fact that we now know that had the match not have been stopped, Bray would have got up and won. thus the RESTART MATCH chants

Did you not see what Bray was hit with? In his place I would have made the same call after seeing a guy get his head caved in like that. There wasn't really much point in being like "hey dude, you alright?" after seeing someone get smashed in the head like that. He didn't know Bray was gonna get back up.

couple things:

then he should have stopped the match then. why wait till Seth hits him again? see why this shit falls apart?

couple things:

then he should have stopped the match then. why wait till Seth hits him again? see why this shit falls apart?

Not really it's kind of easy to follow people just really need to stop over analyzing it all the time

couple things:

then he should have stopped the match then. see why this shit falls apart?
Not really. He was trying to tell Seth not to murder a guy, and once said murder happened, he had no choice but to call for the bell. I swear, people just look for shit to complain about.

Coming soon: a pinfall victory during the MitB match.

You are aware ref stoppage applies to ALL match types?

Yeah...it literally doesn't, actually...especially one with 6 or 8 people in it.

A: And how many people did this HIAC contain?

2: Even then it still applies to an extent, just deemed as "X can no longer continue" and they go to the back.

Honestly if they werent going for a clean winner then the ending makes sense. Bray was defenseless and Seth really should be declared the winner for that reason. If they state it that way then at least it makes sense. There should never be a DQ in HIAC. As long as you actually announce Seth as the winner you actually have a better story coming out of the PPV, Bray is strong as hell, Seth let Bray get inside his head and go too far. This was obv the first part in a bigger story, not the end. All that being said, WWE new how hot The Fiend was and the reactions its been getting. You dont dangle the carrot, pull it away, and not expect to be bitten. Like someone said before, if you werent ready to put the title on Bray with the reactions he has been getting, then you dont book the match.

Mick Foley got thrown off the top of a cell and got halfway to the back on a stretcher before wrestling another 5 to 10 minutes, and that was for real.

Shane McMahon leaped off the cell (twice) and the match still kept going.

The stoppage makes less sense when you consider that and whatever other evil shits happened in cell matches.

They booked themselves in a corner. Its almost like what happened with Ryback at the same show years ago.

Ref didn't even perform an "arm-drop" test or anything.

Stop defending lazy booking.

Of course you are the single person here who is fine with this. Lmao.

Not much point to doing an arm drop after a guy just got his head caved in numerous times.

It isn't "lazy", far from it. People like you are the ones trying to over analyse it. I can't believe I'm even giving the guy the time of day but for once Mango actually has a point. People will look for ANY reason to bitch and moan.

couple things:

Did you not see what Bray was hit with? In his place I would have made the same call after seeing a guy get his head caved in like that. There wasn't really much point in being like "hey dude, you alright?" after seeing someone get smashed in the head like that. He didn't know Bray was gonna get back up.

okay so then from this point on, there are rules in Cell matches to protect the competitors. thats what this is telling me. i dont even necessarily disagree with you but youre showing me that you understand why the match shouldnt have happened at all. thats my overarching point here. dont book the *censored*ing match. look at the avoidable mess youve made by having this match when you werent ready for Bray to win.

also this hard flip between wanting us to suspend our disbelief one minute and then treating it like a real sport the next doesnt always work. im supposed to believe Bray is a mortal human on the brink of literal death one minute and then watch him hop up fresh as a daisy and kill Seth the next minute. you see how boneheaded that is? this is a case where you gotta pick one. youve built this guy as a supernatural monster and then you put him on a stretcher in his second match ever. which reality am i supposed to buy into?

Wait they had the womens HIAC match already?

it was the first match lol
What time the show start ?
the usual, 4 PT/7 ET

I keep on forgetting its not 8 PM still smh. I was watching the Joker anyways and it finished at 8 so.

Mick Foley got thrown off the top of a cell and got halfway to the back on a stretcher before wrestling another 5 to 10 minutes, and that was for real.

Shane McMahon leaped off the cell (twice) and the match still kept going.

The stoppage makes less sense when you consider that and whatever other evil shits happened in cell matches.

They booked themselves in a corner. Its almost like what happened with Ryback at the same show years ago.

Foley's would have been stopped in this day and age.

Shane's Leaps of Faith from the top are nowhere near as bad as like 10 curb stomps, going through a table, and getting outright smashed in the head with a chair, then a fully loaded case, then a ladder, then a sledgehammer, all while the previous objects are lying on your head.

3 WWE shows that were supposed to be big, ended on a terrible note. Fans for their money got false advertising, cheap "shocks", chanted for a rival promotion and chanted for a refund...

NXT though did their thing and put on a great show. And got people hooked on for more.

Also...explain to me why you wouldn't just have Bray get up from that onslaught, hit Seth with the claw (while the match is still going)...and then have the ref throw the match out after Fiend caused Seth to cough up the blood? If your logic is that the match was "stopped for violence" and it wasn't actually a proper DQ...then you could have literally done that instead.

Don't go arguing that it wasn't lazy booking. Because...it *censored*ing was. Lol.

how is this over analyzing? bro i take a LOT of questionable shit from WWE but you cant feed me nonsense and expect me to just shrug my shoulders and look forward to whats next.

the match shouldnt have happened.

3 WWE shows that were supposed to be big, ended on a terrible note. Fans for their money got false advertising, cheap "shocks", chanted for a rival promotion and chanted for a refund...

NXT though did their thing and put on a great show. And got people hooked on for more.

There's no such thing as false advertising when car is subject to change

Archived