Who Do You Want To See In AEW?

Astro Zombie

I don't know why some say Nyla is a bad worker. I watched several good Matches with her down in Japan when she worked for various promotions there to further her craft and she also had several good Matches in the US and elsewhere.

Her match vs Riho in which she won the Championship was a good match and most of all a fun one with all the big moves pulled out making you think it's over when it wasn't.

At least I enjoyed their Encounter and saying that someone that can pull moves like the avalance from the top rope or the knee strike that always connects on the Opponent hanging on the ropes is a "bad wrestler" then I really don't know what is good to you.

Flashier moves like jumping around 24/7 with barely connecting at all like several male wrestlers do?

The AEW Womens Division suffered under Rihos Championship reign because she was more busy with being a Champion down in Stardom then being in the AEW. At least now they have the chance to build up the Division properly and instead of just having Matches for the ranking System I dislike, they can also have feuds and storylines making the fans care more and have more then just a match to be entertained from.

Last week they had a great start in Dark and in Dynamite. They just need to continue this and put more effort in the Division from now on. They have a good roster after all.

I mean, she's incredibly green. This recent match with Riho was quite good, but also the first good one she's had since joining up, not to mention she consistently does big spots in very dangerous ways. She reminds me of Nia Jax, someone who was in desperate need of a few more years in training/developmental, but got pushed because she stands out from most other women.

She is not green, she has been Wrestling for 8 years now and had several great Matches around the world. :o

I wouldn't also compare her to Nia cause I would agree that even Nia is getting better, she is still green compared to Nyla.

Also Nyla had to work her butt off around the world at the indies training hard to hone her craft without having a huge WWE PC Center behind her to help her.

What "Dangerous" spots do you mean?

I only know about a mishap once with michael nakagawa that looked akward and in the big battle royal when she tossed priscilla to the outside though in her case it was more a bad Landing the cause because the others didn't catched her at all and she dropped hard.

A recent interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SENF0EjvhZo

The problem with Shida is the same as with Riho, Emi and Yuka. :(

That's why they finally took the title from Riho and gave it to someone that can be on AEW weekly.

This way they can build the division around a champion that can be there the whole time so they can create storylines around her and push the division further.

If she's not green, than she's certainly sloppy. You've also listed several examples of her being sloppy/dangerous in your post, I remember there being some not good spots in the first match with Riho as well.

Having the PC or not, she's in a much bigger position right now than her talent would allow for. I'd rather see her work with people like Emi Sakura in lower tier feuds for the next year and work on polishing herself up before getting a big title run, instead of being in the title pic instantly.

If you wanna link some of these apparently amazing matches, I'm down to take a look and potentially change my stance, but apart from her most recent Riho match, I don't think she's done anything remarkable in AEW.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Completely agree. She hasn't left much of an impression on me so far.

She is not green, she has been Wrestling for 8 years now and had several great Matches around the world. :o

She's has a total of 166 matches listed under her cagematch profile -- that's not much for someone who's wrestled for 8 years.

^ Completely agree. She hasn't left much of an impression on me so far.

She's has a total of 166 matches listed under her cagematch profile -- that's not much for someone who's wrestled for 8 years.

It's probably because she did some acting in between (was the lead role in a Sitcom) and probably because of surgeries/therapy too.

I just know that she started training back in 2012.

I wouldn't also compare her to Nia cause I would agree that even Nia is getting better, she is still green compared to Nyla.

Also Nyla had to work her butt off around the world at the indies training hard to hone her craft without having a huge WWE PC Center behind her to help her.

What "Dangerous" spots do you mean?

I only know about a mishap once with michael nakagawa that looked akward and in the big battle royal when she tossed priscilla to the outside though in her case it was more a bad Landing the cause because the others didn't catched her at all and she dropped hard.

A recent interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SENF0EjvhZo

The problem with Shida is the same as with Riho, Emi and Yuka. :(

That's why they finally took the title from Riho and gave it to someone that can be on AEW weekly.

This way they can build the division around a champion that can be there the whole time so they can create storylines around her and push the division further.

If she's not green, than she's certainly sloppy. You've also listed several examples of her being sloppy/dangerous in your post, I remember there being some not good spots in the first match with Riho as well.

Having the PC or not, she's in a much bigger position right now than her talent would allow for. I'd rather see her work with people like Emi Sakura in lower tier feuds for the next year and work on polishing herself up before getting a big title run, instead of being in the title pic instantly.

If you wanna link some of these apparently amazing matches, I'm down to take a look and potentially change my stance, but apart from her most recent Riho match, I don't think she's done anything remarkable in AEW.

Well to be fair everyone has a sloppy Moment or a botch here and there, I've seen it Happening in every Promotion and even the best wrestlers in the world. It's not as if she were a botch Maschine or has injured anyone. In fact, Riho herself were pretty sloppy in a few Matches in AEW and in stardom.

Anyway, here a link to a match I consider a good match (everyone has a different view or expectations in a match after all. :P )

Another match of hers that I liked.

A fun match!

and a nice tag Team one

There are some Matches of her on YouTube and dailymotion as also elsewhere.

Some are very gimmicky(Japan), others just "ok" Matches (US and wherelse) and some are good in my opinion.

It's probably because she did some acting in between (was the lead role in a Sitcom) and probably because of surgeries/therapy too.

She wrestled about 25 - 30 matches each year. It's not like there was a year or two that took a significant dip. The number of matches per year stayed consistent.

But regardless, your claim about the number of years she's wrestled is misleading -- that's my point. Yes, she has been wrestling for a number of years but if you take a closer look, the number of matches she has wrestled is low.

She wrestled about 25 - 30 matches each year. It's not like there was a year or two that took a significant dip. The number of matches per year stayed consistent.

But regardless, your claim about the number of years she's wrestled is misleading -- that's my point. Yes, she has been wrestling for a number of years but if you take a closer look, the number of matches she has wrestled is low.

Like I said, I know that she started Training in 2012. How many Matches she did per year I can't tell since I wasn't able to watch every match of hers. Also don't know how accurate the cagematch Profile of hers is and if any Matches are missing or not.

What I know is that she is good in the ring for the time she is a wrestler and she has the Charisma as also the mic skills she needs to be successful.

Most of all she is passionate about Wrestling(also a nerd gamer btw :P ) and she tries to hone her craft more and more and that's always a good thing in my opinion.

They just need to put more focus in the womens division create good feuds and storylines as also book good matches so their roster can really shine.

I think that number represents her inexperience pretty well. In comparison, Charlotte has wrestled for around the same number of years and she currently has 860 matches under her belt.

and even after 860 Matches while Keep being shoved into our throats by going from Championship to Championship because they want her to surpass her fathers record of Holding titles 16 times, she still doesn't have a good in ring psychology and even when she causes a concussion to someone, she keeps ruthlesly going because "the Show must go on" like in Kairis case. If it hasn't been for Asuka and Becky that noticed and protected Kairi, Charlotte would probably had picked her up again and delivered another kick on her head or put her through another table.

What I want to say by that is that Talent and skill always differs. You can have 40 Matches under your belt and be a great Wrestler while others can have 200 and still not be as good as you.

It's just a example thought. Don't mean the Charlotte is a bad Wrestler by that and mistakes can happen to anyone.

I really don't really want to derail this thread talking about Charlotte. I only mentioned her because she's the first women's wrestler to come to mind who's been around for about the same amount of time as Nyla and whose experience is more evident. I don't think she's an incredible worker, but she's definitely good and is much, much better than Nyla. I also don't think it's fair to make such strong statements on her as an unsafe worker in that match when we don't fully know how exactly things occurred.

To your last point: it's so rare to be a really solid wrestler starting out. People like Angle or Rousey are the exception, so I don't buy your point. If I had to choose between a wrestler who's wrestled 40 matches or a wrestler who's wrestled 200 matches -- I'm gonna choose the latter.

I really don't really want to derail this thread talking about Charlotte. I only mentioned her because she's the first women's wrestler to come to mind who's been around for about the same amount of time as Nyla and whose experience is more evident. I don't think she's an incredible worker, but she's definitely good and is much, much better than Nyla. I also don't think it's fair to make such strong statements on her as an unsafe worker in that match when we don't fully know how exactly things occurred.

To your last point: it's so rare to be a really solid wrestler starting out. People like Angle or Rousey are the exception, so I don't buy your point. If I had to choose between a wrestler who's wrestled 40 matches or a wrestler who's wrestled 200 matches -- I'm gonna choose the latter.

This wasn't my Intention either. The fact is that Charlotte got a lot of backup from Family members to Friends to a whole pc to help her while Nyla and others had to go and pay for Training when she could afford it while working at the same time so she can hone her craft.

It's like apples and oranges. I'm Pretty sure that Nyla and others would had been able to gain more experience and better Training if they would had started in the wwe aswell.

Due to this Charlotte can't be compared to Nyla and other women that start at the Indies.

As About what happen and been safe or unsafe, it was clear to see what happen but it was what it was and it's over. Besides, it doesn't belong into this thread anyway. :P

So.... I really hope that Jazzy and Killer will appear in the AEW down the road and that they will be appreciated as Talents, booked properly. :)

This wasn't my Intention either. The fact is that Charlotte got a lot of backup from Family members to Friends to a whole pc to help her while Nyla and others had to go and pay for Training when she could afford it while working at the same time so she can hone her craft.

It's like apples and oranges. I'm Pretty sure that Nyla and others would had been able to gain more experience and better Training if they would had started in the wwe

Due to this Charlotte can't be compared to Nyla and other women that start at the Indies.

As About what happen and been safe or unsafe, it was clear to see what happen but it was what it was and it's over. Besides, it doesn't belong into this thread anyway. :P

So.... I really hope that Jazzy and Killer will appear in the AEW down the road and that they will be appreciated as Talents, booked properly. :)

Exactly, that's the point. Most women who've worked the indies for years are not receiving enough experience and that's because they get less bookings. This brings us back to Nyla Rose and why she's green: she simply didn't get enough experience working the indies. It's not a slight at her, it's just what it is and AEW could've done a better job at building their roster by adding a couple more experienced workers to help those with less experience develop better. But in fairness to AEW management, I'm sure those roles are much harder to fill.

Re: Charlotte match - I don't think it's clear as you're making it seem and I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier, I didn't really want to see anyone in AEW per say, because, the product wasn't really functioning at a level that I thought was high enough...but, it's improved drastically in the past few weeks. So, my short-list for people who I think should eventually be in AEW is: The Briscoes, Jay Lethal, Jacob Fatu, Davey Smith Jr, and Pillman Jr...of course, I think literally all of those guys have declared that they are loyal to their respective brands.

• 1 month later...

Cash Wheeler, Dax Haywood, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Miro, Matt Cardona, Brian Myers, Deonna Puerrazzo, and Crazy Mary Dodson. 

Yes that's a lot of wrestlers, but would help bolster the tag division even more, and help with the women's division some.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like AEW needs one more big name. But specifically, someone who the casual audiences know and admire, but who is also in their in ring prime. My reasoning is mainly because they need a proper rival fro Kenny Omega, someone to light a fire under his ass again. I feel like the man has been coasting recently, and I think part of that is he doesn't have that Okada to push him to be the absolute best.

It wouldn't happen, but Seth Rollins would be perfect. 

I know Tony Khan already said he wasn't interesting in Tessa. But the women's division is still probably their weakest division and they don't have any big name women without Awesome Kong around. And if she still listen to Tully maybe he could keep her out of trouble.

Archived