Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

I wasn't trying to imply that Braun (or any star, for that matter) isn't capable of winning a major title just because they're looked at as a novelty act. Obviously novelty acts are capable of doing such.

The thing with Braun, though, is that I guarantee he'll be a multiple-time World Champion (2-3x at most; possibly a transitional reign or two as well) before his career ends... but it's hard to gauge whether that'll be toward the middle or end of his career or possibly a lot sooner than I believe. Depending on how booking guys and how relevant one can remain over time, sometimes putting the strap on someone a bit too late or even too soon does damage and won't have as great of an effect if the timing was done better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and a friend of mine were having the usual confirmation of Takers career and WrestleMania. He asked me what I thought they could do to make his matches or appearances at Mania meaningful again. I said, well they could do a similar angle like they did with McMahon and Flair. Next time Flair loss he would have to retire(until...anyway). So the next time Taker loss at Mania he would be forced to retire. He could win a few in a row or whatever to recreate the level of mystery and etc. Just a random opinion.

When it comes to the NXT Women's title dropping the bolded word from its title, I'm against it. It feels like the belt is losing its identity if it takes the name of a pre-existing title. When I think of the NXT Championship I think of the title held by Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Finn Bálor and Tommaso Ciampa, not the belt held by Asuka, Paige, Shayna Baszler and Charlotte Flair. Honestly, it goes back to my point about all the titles looking the same being bad. Everything in wrestling needs its own identity to a degree, be it titles, backstage interviewers, shows, wrestlers, refs, whatever, and it's hard for your titles to have their own identity if they all look and are named the same. Honestly, the old saying about not fixing what isn't broke really applies here.

Royal Rumble spoiler:

Edge's return was the greatest Royal Rumble moment EVER.

And easily the greatest return ever. Between AJ Styles debuting and The Hardy Boyz returning, I can't remember the last time or if I've lost my shit like that and marked out.

Agreed. With them, at least you knew there was always a chance they would come back/debut. But man, to return nine years after retiring due to a career/life-threatening injury? Goosebumps. You could actually tell he was hyped and the reaction had him tearing up, which added to the moment in a big way.

• 2 weeks later...