Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

Nothing. They had a chance to book a legitimate monster as World Champion for the first time in a while. People loved Henry's Hall of Pain, and even Big Show turned heads as WHC in 2012, I don't see why "killing everyone in his path" Strowman as champion would be any worse. Strowman has way more athleticism than either did during their reigns, and was piping hot after that feud with Roman (a feud which honestly made Reigns look better than a vast majority of programs he had until that point). The fact that he didn't beat Lesnar for the belt at or right after SummerSlam in 2017 is one of the worst booking decisions WWE has made in recent years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing. They had a chance to book a legitimate monster as World Champion for the first time in a while. People loved Henry's Hall of Pain, and even Big Show turned heads as WHC in 2012, I don't see why "killing everyone in his path" Strowman as champion would be any worse. Strowman has way more athleticism than either did during their reigns, and was piping hot after that feud with Roman (a feud which honestly made Reigns look better than a vast majority of programs he had until that point). The fact that he didn't beat Lesnar for the belt at or right after SummerSlam in 2017 is one of the worst booking decisions WWE has made in recent years.

Idk, but all I'm saying is that I never saw him as a world champ at that time. Nevermind the fact it wasn't going to happen with Lesnar holding the title hostage.

If anything, Braun should have won with MITB. That whole angle was inexcusable.

It wasn't really. A monster that can destroy anybody at anytime, and also with that "surprise factor" makes him even more of a threat for the championship. I mean, contrary to that schtik where the champ gets beat up and then the holder takes the title, turning heel in the process if he babyface. That happened almost a dozen times already.

MITB is played out anyway, especially when it's always at the same time. That seriously restricts creative even more.

That's the thing really, I don't think any of those big gimmick matches should be at the same time every year other than Royal Rumble really. MITB, Elimination chamber, HITC, TLC... everything is seriously formulaic every year for the longest time now.

I mean, for the longest time now they are having trouble booking Royal Rumbles and their respective winners. Mix shit up. break the formula is all I'm saying.

I mean I get it, it makes their company easier to manage and put out product more easily. But it seriously constricts what they are doing, and I'm sure many would agree with that.

Edited by AONO.

It wasn't really. A monster that can destroy anybody at anytime, and also with that "surprise factor" makes him even more of a threat for the championship.

Which is why I think it was weird and unnecessary, especially considering he didn't successfully cash-in. It did nothing but harm him in the end; and if that was the initial plan all along, the putting the briefcase on him to begin with was a terrible idea.

It wasn't really. A monster that can destroy anybody at anytime, and also with that "surprise factor" makes him even more of a threat for the championship.

Which is why I think it was weird and unnecessary, especially considering he didn't successfully cash-in. It did nothing but harm him in the end; and if that was the initial plan all along, the putting the briefcase on him to begin with was a terrible idea.

How is it unnecessary when it's not like he could have gotten a title shot at any time he wanted?

Well yeah, considering it was a shitshow it was terrible and yeah, later on we saw that it was about something completely different. But him as a briefcase holder wasn't weird intiself.

Braun's whole appeal was about him wrecking shit and being flat out unstoppable. Yeah, he could have won Universal title at any time w/ the briefcase, but it wasn't needed based on what you said earlier with him being 'a monster who can destroy anybody at anytime'. Him having the briefcase isn't something I found to be as unnecessary as much as it was for him to fail at successfully cashing it in; neither proved to be beneficial. It was already bad enough that Braun had like 3 opportunities at the title beforehand and failed to win - and with a guy like him with the MITB briefcase, he STILL comes up short.

I just think it all made him look like shit.

Edited by St★rstruck

I can't even begin to comprehend what exactly that is meant to mean. Is that an insult? If so then why is that an insult? Not sure what is wrong with being a bigger version of PWG? PWG has it's audience and are a successful promotion in their own right. If that was true and not some baseless sweeping generalisation, then AEW have a good company to base theirs off of.

Take that kinda dumb shit to Twitter.

I want Evolution to come back, but instead of just women, I want to see it become a series where WWE highlights different aspects of their roster, like tag teams, cruiserweights, super heavyweights, nationalities (Best pf Britain/Canada/Mexico/Australia/Japan etc.), next generation, etc.

Edited by King RyderFan

The Bro-Derek is a pretty shitty move. It's like a Neutralizer but...worse? Like, for someone with as good a moveset as Matt Riddle, I don't know why he would use it.

Probably because they won’t let him do his leaping Tombstone, so this is the closest thing too it.

I dont see a problem with it.

Where does Derek come from though ?

play on Bo Derek whos an actress. dont know why.

Lmaoooo I honestly had no idea who that was. Shes from Long Beach though and looked like a surfer...?

Lmaoooo I honestly had no idea who that was. Shes from Long Beach though and looked like a surfer...?

you know what it is? shes partly famous for the way for how she braided her hair and Riddle braided his like that as well im pretty sure.

you know what it is? shes partly famous for the way for how she braided her hair and Riddle braided his like that as well im pretty sure.

Ohhh okay I got you.