Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

I hope Tessa gets to WWE asap. Hopefully she'll come over when her current contract expires.

Why? So she can stop having matches with men (most of what has got her over), and probably lose to Becky Lynch for no reason? Or be partnered up with Alicia Fox or some shit? Tessa is doing good things outside of WWE. I'm sure she has no interest in abandoning that so she can be told exactly what WWE wants her to say and do.

With 100% honesty, Tessa is almost at the point where she could win a heavyweight title and it would be believable. Throwing that away to be another woman on WWE hardly seems like a great idea to me.

What do you mean lose to Becky Lynch for no reason? if those two worked together the creative team would put together a reason for her to win or lose with some kind of storyline. WWE has done intergender matches not too long ago so its not impossible to think that they'd try something with Tessa if the opportunity presents itself to them.

Edited by OPC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE has done intergender matches not too long ago

I'd like to know what your definition of "not too long" would be...

Ellworth Vs Lynch and Nia in the Rumble would be my guesses.

I'd hardly compare those to the stuff Blanchard is doing with a straight face.

One-sided beat-downs are hardly "matches". Becky whooped Ellsworth's ass with him having zero offense. And Nia had a couple planned spots in a segment. Those are far from "doing inter-gender wrestling".

Edited by Generations

It seems like WWE has two variations of "seasons" as well...which makes it all even more bizarre.

Like...they definitely celebrate yearly anniversaries. But, at the same time, they tend to call revamps "seasons" as well. Any time that a show gets a new intro or a reboot, or a new set, or they choose to go in a new direction, it seems like they always call that a "season premiere". I don't know...I get that pro wrestling is different from traditional sports. But, there should be some constant. It seems kind of blatant at this point, that they just use the term "season premiere" when the ratings are low and they want to freshen things up. But...that's just my opinion.

Edited by Generations

Ladt Shit is a direct knee to the head or back of the head, many times without a knee pad...

Doesn't even look weak.

Please dont edit this. :lol:

TBH, End of Heartache is the only finisher of theirs I like, and the setup for the Panama Sunrise is so shit. Why jump off the middle rope if youre just gonna land on the mat without doing anything?

Brock gets legitimate heat. Not sure how anyone can doubt that.

He only gets "go away heat" when he follows the script exactly as WWE tells him, and shows none of his own personality. Any time that he does anything remotely unpredictable, he is one of the best heels in the entire industry. If his natural charisma shines through for even a fraction of a second, it's either hilarious or terrifying. Either way, it's guaranteed entertainment when it happens.

Edited by Generations

People are entitled to have their meltdowns about whoever they want to...but that doesn't make a character objectively bad. I think we can all agree that Brock shouldn't be winning titles so often, and he shouldn't constantly be the "top guy"...but that's a separate issue aside from whether he's a quality performer or not.

Edited by Generations

It's not even the character, it's how its handled. Brock matches are total shit 9 times out of 10. He's had a few good ones since returning (Punk, Styles, Bryan) but most of em are lazy, half assed showings. He is given the spotlight over far more entertaining choices, and is handed title after title, which he does nothing for. Brock's not what I find entertaining, and knowing we enter an era of "Brock is our guy", especially when it comes at the expense of people who I actually do like, immediately discourages me from watching the shows.