Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

Its not Coles fault the commentary is bad, its the old *censored*er screaming in his ear demanding he say certain things certain ways. In the times we've seen him able to do commentary on his own, like Beast In The East IIRC, he was fantastic.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Its not Coles fault the commentary is bad, its the old *censored*er screaming in his ear demanding he say certain things certain ways. In the times we've seen him able to do commentary on his own, like Beast In The East IIRC, he was fantastic.

Actually I believe I heard it's not Vince who's talking them through the earpiece but like Billy Kidman if someone else in the back I believe I read a report on that

I still think the Nikki Cross superhero thing is shit, so there is that.
Its hurting the "Listen to the wrestlers pitches and ideas" argument when of all possible ideas, a goofy superhero like gimmick is where you say yes.

24 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

I still think the Nikki Cross superhero thing is shit, so there is that.
Its hurting the "Listen to the wrestlers pitches and ideas" argument when of all possible ideas, a goofy superhero like gimmick is where you say yes.

I think it's more the fact that it's how much effort and believe she put behind the idea that made him say yes

Cuz it's well known that Vince listens to guys ideas but what I think the major problem is with guys pitching their own ideas they don't believe enough of their own idea to make Vince be like okay let's roll with it cuz there's a difference between presenting idea that you think will be cool and presenting idea that you're 100% committed to

Edited by Austin3035

1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

I think it's more the fact that it's how much effort and believe she put behind the idea that made him say yes

Cuz it's well known that Vince listens to guys ideas but what I think the major problem is with guys pitching their own ideas they don't believe enough of their own idea to make Vince be like okay let's roll with it cuz there's a difference between presenting idea that you think will be cool and presenting idea that you're 100% committed to

Maybe, we arent flies on the wall on those things to know for sure.
But i doubt that the majority is half assing ideas and stuff in general.

When you look at how fast Vince changes his mind on things, it feels more like he doesnt believe in stuff enough to fully commit.

I could see this being a case where more over the top ideas interest Vince more.
So a super enthusiastic Nikki who pitches a superhero gimmick, Bray with the Fiend, Black etc who get really into delivering ideas for over the top stuff...might be more a thing for Vince, i dont know.

36 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Maybe, we arent flies on the wall on those things to know for sure.
But i doubt that the majority is half assing ideas and stuff in general.

When you look at how fast Vince changes his mind on things, it feels more like he doesnt believe in stuff enough to fully commit.

I could see this being a case where more over the top ideas interest Vince more.
So a super enthusiastic Nikki who pitches a superhero gimmick, Bray with the Fiend, Black etc who get really into delivering ideas for over the top stuff...might be more a thing for Vince, i dont know.

But but if you look at  Royce who had an idea she was really committed to but once Vince asked about it she pretty much went blank

Which gave me the idea that Vince blows it off quickly to test you he wants to see if you're going to stand up to your ideas he wants to see if you're willing to fight for your ideas cuz maybe my theory is that guys pitch their ideas Vince blows it off to see if they're willing to fight for that to commit to a fight to that gimmick or angle because maybe in his mind if you're not going to fight for one of your ideas that you believe in or commit to how is he supposed to believe you're going to commit to that angle when they if they do do it if that makes sense

Edited by Austin3035

Whoever thinks the Nikki ASH stuff is great has questionable taste. If there are people who originally thought it was shit but then immediately changed their mind once they heard it was Nikki’s idea and not Vince’s, then they’re too invested in Vince being this creative boogeyman and that only he can come up with all the bad ideas in WWE.

Heel Cole was fun at times, but could get out of hand. He was a lot of fun during Miz and Bryan stuff and I wish he kept those biases. I really like when commentators have like, a specific bias for a certain wrestler that is 100% kayfabe as it can add a lot to their character. Like the way Schiavone detests MJF is so fun. Much better than a pro-heel by default commentator. 

Sean Waltman wasn't ever necessarily awesome or special but I always liked him post 1 2 3 Kid and found him underrated. Didn't like him as 1 2 3 Kid at all even when I was a kid myself at the time but he was good as Syxx in the nWo, cool in DX/singles/ teaming with Kane and X-Factor, meh during nWo 2002 but pretty good in TNA.

I like to see him making appearances and that he's in the hall of fame. Although he should be in as himself or just DX than as part of the nWo because then Paul Wight, Buff Bagwell and Scott Norton should be in as notable members 

Edited by Luchador LXXXV

• 2 weeks later...

Imperium is the best stable going on in wrestling and I view them as faces! No bullshit or nonsense, no typical chicken shit heel tactics, no arrogant over the top cockiness and no flashy gimmicky attires or entrance or personas and they back up what they claim with great wrestling ring work and aren't bad on the mic. They're old school and all about bringing honor and respect to wrestling by treating it seriously like a sport and are ring generals pro wrestlers than just wrestling superstars. WALTER is on a super long dominant title reign for good reason  and Fabian & Marcel are a threat to any tag team and will hopefully be the next NXT tag champions by beating MSK

I would like them more if they actually booked them to win. They friggn' lost to Breezeango who were released not too long after their match. And while I don't think Breezeango release was exactly anticipated when that match occurred, it was still pretty clear Imperium was the team that needed the win more.

But anyway, it terms of the concept of them -- yeah, I tend to like guys who take their work very seriously like in a Bret Hart sort of way.

• 2 weeks later...

Triple H should leave WWE and join AEW. Not even joking. His efforts and time creating NXT are being wasted. 

Everything this guy creates Vince destroys. I’d be feeling helpless if I was him. 

18 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Triple H should leave WWE and join AEW. Not even joking. His efforts and time creating NXT are being wasted. 

Everything this guy creates Vince destroys. I’d be feeling helpless if I was him. 

if i know anything about Trips, i know that after calling them a pissant company and after Cody’s shenanigans, his ego will not let him do that.

but i do wish maybe he and Shawn can start their own company  

Wouldn't say that Vince destroyed everything triple h created cuz even triple h has stated that what's works in NXT doesn't necessarily translate over to the main roster Tyler breeze for example hugely over in NXT barely a reaction on main roster

I think people don't understand that NXT doesn't travel like the main roster so they pretty much have the same people in the crowd pretty much every week 

Wouldn't say that Vince destroyed everything triple h created cuz even triple h has stated that what's works in NXT doesn't necessarily translate over to the main roster Tyler breeze for example hugely over in NXT barely a reaction on main roster

I think people don't understand that NXT doesn't travel like the main roster so they pretty much have the same people in the crowd pretty much every week 

that’s just Trips being a company guy because there are way too many examples of people getting over in NXT but then being changed when they get called up and then they get blamed for not getting over. we’re literally seeing it now with Kross and Balor, we saw it with Lee, with Roode, literally why call them up if you don’t like how they are? it’s so weird. because otherwise wouldn’t you wanna book them the same way on the main roster to assure that they remain over with the audience? they don’t get over on the main roster because they’re given bullshit to work with once they get there.

Or it's not him being a company man and that's the truth yeah some people get changed but a good wrestler can get over with the changes and a lot of guys don't get changed that much once they come over

And cross wasn't called up he had a one-off match that's it if he didn't even lose clean and a lot of guys get pushed when they first come off of NXT it's the main roster and get no reaction plus it doesn't help that regardless of booking that the fans filp on who they like and don't like every week

Nikki cross is the perfect example of this like the fans totally bash events and the WWE about her new gimmick until they found out it was her creation and then they all support her for it a lot of what triple h says is not him being accompanied man it's because he's right

Edited by Austin3035

2 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

He doesn’t honestly believe that though. And a guy like Breeze is such a bad example. Look at all their former champs that were ruined. 

wouldn’t be surprised to see Keith Lee jump ship soon. And Adam Cole whenever his contract is up. 

Or it's not him being a company man and that's the truth yeah some people get changed but a good wrestler can get over with the changes and a lot of guys don't get changed that much once they come over

And cross wasn't called up he had a one-off match that's it if he didn't even lose clean and a lot of guys get pushed when they first come off of NXT it's the main roster and get no reaction plus it doesn't help that regardless of booking that the fans filp on who they like and don't like every week

Nikki cross is the perfect example of this like the fans totally bash events and the WWE about her new gimmick until they found out it was her creation and then they all support her for it a lot of what triple h says is not him being accompanied man it's because he's right

Why do you have to be contrarian to literally everything. “Cross” didn’t have a “one off”. He literally wrestled last week and beat Keith Lee. You’re just gonna pretend you didn’t know that ? 

and Nikki Cross’ gimmick sucks. I don’t care if she came up with it. People like her, but she’s still getting booed and mixed reactions since she won the belt. So again, another bad example. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Nerd said:

New one. I genuinely don’t think Vince cares or remotely thinks about AEW as many seem to think he does. Not really on here but comment sections and etc. 

i completely agree. Vince clearly makes decisions without fear of any consequence. WWE is just too *censored*ing powerful and he knows he’s virtually untouchable. i think he cares about certain aspects for more personal reasons, like i’m sure Pepsi Man’s debut was at least a blip on his radar but he’s never gonna view AEW as a threat to him or the company.

i can’t imagine what WWE would have to do to truly fall off the mountain

Baffling statements to me. Almost everything he’s done has been to counteract AEW lmao. 

I know he’s fired a shit ton of people but come on.. the only reason NXT went live and on USA was to counteract them. That wasn’t a Triple H decision.