Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

On 12/15/2020 at 9:07 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

You know who’s doing pro-wrestling better than pro-wrestling?

BattleBots.

For real. I’ve found each episode that I’ve watched this season from beginning to end more entertaining and engaging than any WWE, NXT, and AEW show this year. It’s not even close.

I'm with you there. I love Battlebots. This season has been so much fun to watch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually don’t think either of those is unpopular tbh.

not sure i would personally put WALTER as THE best in WWE right now just because i tend to be a “what have you done for me lately?” kinda guy but he’s definitely always in my top 5 right now with Roman and KOR.

Edited by EJ!

Looking back at it, the WWE scratch logo looks horrible and out of place with the PPV and show logos they also used. They should’ve scrapped it when they went I to the HD era in 2008. 

Don’t get me wrong, it fit the ruthless aggression era perfectly, but yeah the later years ? It really ruins a lot of stuff 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.
2 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I try and try and try but I just don’t find Malcolm Bivens funny. I thought his humor was what got him signed. I know nothing of what he did before WWE. Maybe that’s the problem?

He is pretty funny, but I think that's just for Twitter. I always saw him do serious stuff in ROH, he managed Moose during his long undefeated streak. I even saw him manage Ringkampf (now Imperium) on a Progress show they did here in NY.

He got *censored*ed in NXT when Indus Sher spoiled Keith Lee's big NXT title win on IG. And I think Tyler Rust is a good talent but he ain't it. Malcolm needs a main event caliber talent that just needs a mouthpiece.

Edited by Fight Me.

5 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

He is pretty funny, but I think that's just for Twitter. I always saw him do serious stuff in ROH, he managed Moose during his long undefeated streak. I even saw him manage Ringkampf (now Imperium) on a Progress show they did here in NY.

He got *censored*ed in NXT when Indus Sher spoiled Keith Lee's big NXT title win on IG. And I think Tyler Rust is a good talent but he ain't it. Malcolm needs a main event caliber talent that just needs a mouthpiece.

I don’t know why I was expecting like the black Bobby Heenan from how many cool people put him over, but I just never find him funny or entertaining. I wanna be wrong.

I no longer look forward to the Raw after WM. Not even taking into account the past 2 years, it hasn’t been good before that anyways. It’s like WWE got wins that it’s supposed to be special and just ruined it. 

Edited by Bushy.

The GOAT conversation is bullshit anyway. There is no 'greatest of all time'. I could throw down 20 names who were the absolute best in the industry, all for different reasons...and none of them are any better than the others. It's just one of those things...you can't compare Stone Cold and Rock to Daniel Bryan or Edge. You can't compare Rey Mysterio and Jericho to Kenny Omega. There is no 'GOAT', because everything is derivative. Tiger Mask, Ultimo Dragon, Jyushin Liger, Ric Flair, HBK, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Okada, Naito, Cena...where do you start and stop? You can't. 'GOAT' is an absurd concept. Is it about raw talent, title wins, years in the business, promos, "moments"? It's all different criteria.

Trying to pick a "GOAT" in pro wrestling is like trying to pick your favorite race of people. Plenty of people do it anyway...and they're all full of shit. 

It's fine to say "Jericho is the GOAT" or "Daniel Bryan is the GOAT"...just as a thing to say (I do it myself). But, anyone who actually says it and means it is a fool. 

Edited by Generations

there’s no GOAT or BITW. being in the conversation of the GOAT/BITW is the award in itself. it truly cannot get better than that. that’s why if i ever ask for someone’s list, i want THEIR list, not a list of people they think others should agree with. my criteria may not line up with anyone else’s so there’ll never be a solidified definitive wrestler or list of wrestlers.

but i have never heard or seen anyone put Finn in that GOAT conversation so i’m not sure how unpopular that is. this is by far his best run in WWE and imo has an argument for BITW but i wouldn’t make that argument either.

Dakota Kai could’ve been one of the biggest baby faces and underdog in a Bayley esque roll had they gone that route. I thought a few years ago the ultimate long term story was to have her dethrone Shayna. Sucks she’s basically a heel/tweener sidekick now. Her turning on Raquel would be dumb as well so they shouldn’t do that. 

Really don’t know where they go with her from here. Unless Raquel becomes a clear heel and I don’t see that happening rn either. 

On 4/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, Fight Me. said:

The problem with Malcom is hes so good hes legit going to overshadow whoever he manages. Noone gives a *Censored* about Rust but people love Bivens.