Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rollins/Reigns vs. Rhodes Brothers for the Tag Team Championship on RAW (2013) doesn't get talked about enough. One of the greatest tag team matches ever imo. The storytelling and emotion heading into it was amazing. People generally remember their Battleground match but I thought that was pretty average. This one they had was top, top class. Can't find the full match but here's a short clip to help y'all remember which one I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, Crazy. said:

Rollins/Reigns vs. Rhodes Brothers for the Tag Team Championship on RAW (2013) doesn't get talked about enough. One of the greatest tag team matches ever imo. The storytelling and emotion heading into it was amazing. People generally remember their Battleground match but I thought that was pretty average. This one they had was top, top class. Can't find the full match but here's a short clip to help y'all remember which one I'm talking about.

This is my first time seeing this one. That was a brilliant clip and pretty "Crazy" as your username says. Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the overall feel of the early-mid 2000’s standard definition of WWE (and even WCW). Like there’s something about that classic 4:3 ratio and not perfectly clear HD feel about back then I love. Like everything just feels so..raw. Objectively, HD is better, and I’m not even talking about stage sets, lighting etc. because that’s a whole other debate, but specifically talking about SD era looks wise versus HD, I prefer looking at SD. 

And before anyone says “nostalgia”. I started watching wrestling in 2007. A year before they went HD. So pretty much my whole fandom has been this one way. 

Nah, it's really not an outlandish statement. Taker/HBK II really wasn't all that great imo. I think people have fond memories of that match mainly because it was Michaels' last. For me, it wasn't even the best match at WrestleMania 26. 

Now, 'Taker/HBK I... that's a whole different argument. That was most definitely a 5-star match and one of the greatest in history. Don't get me wrong, II was great too, it absolutely was. But that's all it was imo, not close to being an absolute standout in the way their match the year before was.

Edited by Crazy.

That isn’t the case for me. I didn’t watch any Mania live besides 23 until Mania 27 I believe. I may have to rewatch HBK/Taker II because when I binged Mania 17-30 a few years ago, I honestly liked their 26 match more  then their 25 match lol 

I’m honestly surprised Edge/Orton doesn’t get more criticism. I thought they could’ve cut the length of that match completely in half. I loved Edge & Orton trading classic signatures/finishers but the rest holds and finisher kick outs in the end brings it down for me. Plus, not in front of a real crowd. Had it been in a similar venue maybe my mind is swayed. But just in ring wise? Still could’ve used way less time to me. 

edit: I could be 100% wrong because this is off the top of my head, but I think I regard 26 high is because 2 or 3 spots. I think Michaels did a springboard moonsault that crashed into an announce table like him & Angle that I absolutely loved. I think there was a another moonsault into tombstone spot I loved. And I think the finale was him pulling his straps down, epic throatslash and JUMPING tombstone piledriver ? Yeah, that may have been what put it over the edge for me. 

Edited by Bushy.