Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

10 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

I agree that they don’t look bad, it’s just that I hate belts being colour swaps of each other. It goes back to my point of things not being allowed their own identity. A simple grayscale filter and their belts are exactly the same. Don’t believe me?

AF409307-24FE-46CC-94A1-CFF47132D24D.jpeg.e5c8f5985ce91aad4853280205719fcc.jpeg3A08256F-DC3E-4E47-9CC9-10A50012504A.jpeg.4febdedcb35c50e5ca087af6df776b49.jpeg

Guess which belts belong to RAW and whivh ones belong to SmackDown. Granted, those are the tag titles, not the World titles BMoE was referring to, but the point stands.

Yeah. I would like it if the belts were brand oriented (like having a raw logo slapped on it) but not just color swaps. Like what if they had some silver and blue on smackdown and some red and gold on RAW? 🤔 Also they need to switch to non brand exclusive tag titles and use that silver design.

7240F014-608A-499B-932D-1DFBCCCDFA7E.jpeg

275E956E-AF21-43F5-9EFF-DFC455F60EA4.jpeg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize I have a love/hate feeling about Charlotte. Sometimes I’m happy to see her, but then a lot of times I’m just annoyed. Currently, I’m annoyed. Maybe it’s the lack of a crowd but this NXT Title run has done NOTHING for me. It’s another situation that just feels like she’s being forced into it, just like last year’s Wrestlemania. Yes I’m still holding on to that.

4 hours ago, EJ! said:

I realize I have a love/hate feeling about Charlotte. Sometimes I’m happy to see her, but then a lot of times I’m just annoyed. Currently, I’m annoyed. Maybe it’s the lack of a crowd but this NXT Title run has done NOTHING for me. It’s another situation that just feels like she’s being forced into it, just like last year’s Wrestlemania. Yes I’m still holding on to that.

I see where you're coming from. I usually like her too, but it's their routinely obsession with force feeding her the title and involving her in everything important in the division that sours me up on her. 

I wish I could still like Charlotte. She's a great heel and a very good wrestler. But her getting literally every single major accolade shoved down her throat is killing me. They always kill off whatever hot acts they have just to put Charlotte over, it's pretty reminiscent of the horror stories of Cena and Triple H in the past. I groan whenever she's around nowadays because I know she ain't gonna do anyone I actually like any favors. Even when she loses, she just disappears until her next title program. It's freaking annoying.

I think the only one to escape Charlotte unscaved was Becky, and that's purely due to the INSANE crowd support she has.

I remember someone on this forum saying that if we didn't have someone like Charlotte, as the super dominant top of the new womens division to rival the various Romans and Cenas, we'd be complaining about it. I still can't get over how ludicrous that statement was.

I guess I don’t mean this harshly but she’s kinda at the point where she can retire. She’s already won everything, she’s been face and heel 57 times, what else is there to do? There’s nothing left to root for her to do. I don’t think they’re bringing back intergender wrestling any time soon, but if even they did, I can’t even see her being like a believable underdog like Tessa was. Her winning the World Title would feel like just another thing to cross off the list. They’d have to put her up against Brock or some shit before I would be invested.

She can’t even be compared to Reigns because he almost always loses the big one, and when he’s not world champ, he doesn’t bother with it for a while. Charlotte...I don’t even remember her non-title feuds other than vs Trish.

Charlotte is once again WWEs obsession with having a "THE guy", so to speak. They do it all the time, if not for the entire company than for the division most certainly. I don't know if they're just too lazy to book multiple dominant wrestlers properly or if they're so obsessed with trying to turn specific people into merch machines, but its one of the many reasons I just can't watch WWE anymore. Why would I ever put stock in a character when I know the second its convenient they'll drop them and bring up their current pet project again.

It doesn't help that WWEs writing is usually utter garbage on anything that doesn't involve a face and a heel competing for the title.

Edited by BrandonX

59 minutes ago, EJ! said:

I guess I don’t mean this harshly but she’s kinda at the point where she can retire. She’s already won everything, she’s been face and heel 57 times, what else is there to do? There’s nothing left to root for her to do. I don’t think they’re bringing back intergender wrestling any time soon, but if even they did, I can’t even see her being like a believable underdog like Tessa was. Her winning the World Title would feel like just another thing to cross off the list. They’d have to put her up against Brock or some shit before I would be invested.

She can’t even be compared to Reigns because he almost always loses the big one, and when he’s not world champ, he doesn’t bother with it for a while. Charlotte...I don’t even remember her non-title feuds other than vs Trish.

qyMXAHM.jpg

Charlotte 2021 

3 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Damn I forgot Charlotte still has to win the women’s tag titles too 

wonder who she’ll team with 🤔

edit: I was thinking Lacey, but idk now 

Becky Lynch or Rhea Ripley

Guest Fight Me.
15 minutes ago, TheBLACKESTManOnEarth said:

Next to Styles, Cena is the best worker in wwe rn. And Daniel Bryan might be the goat. Just saying.

Kind of a weird statement to make rn since Cena hasn't wrestled (an actual match) since January 2019. And hasn't been a full timer for a couple years now lol

Not saying he wouldn't be if he decided to come back full time one of these days.

Edited by Fight Me.

10 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Kind of a weird statement to make rn since Cena hasn't wrestled (an actual match) since January 2019. And hasn't been a full timer for a couple years now lol

Not saying he wouldn't be if he decided to come back full time one of these days.

Yeah probably should have phrased that differently..

Styles and D-Bry being top workers in WWE still blows my mind. Nothing about their independent work hinted they would do well with big crowds.

BUT

Cesaro is forever the best worker in WWE. Man can work with anyone and have a good match.

I know most people didn't care about Cesaro's US title reign but I personally loved it. He held it for long, defended it consistently, got ample mic time, and had a proper character at the time to go with it.

Man, I really thought he was destined for big things after winning the ATG Battle Royal in 2014. What a pointless lump of shit that whole concept turned out to be.

He could've been big that year, but they insisted on keeping him heel which was so freaking dumb.

I agree about his US reign, it was fun. Also had a refreshing take on the "foreigner wins the US title" shtick, since rather than shit on the country, he explicitly shat on the people for not being able to appreciate what they have.