Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

The only reason I mentioned Big Show is simply due to some on Reddit saying that he's had too many turns or something idiotic. I wouldn't be surprised if he's inducted this year.

I think Bayley needs a new theme. Even if it's a creepy remixed version of her old theme. Her current one is too generic. I remember someone on Reddit suggested Victoria's old theme "All The Things She Said", but I don't know if that would fit her.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Show's presence, size, popularity, number of titles reigns and longevity is more than enough to get him as a first ballot Hall of Famer, in my opinion - no matter how many times his disposition has changed. That shouldn't negate anything at all in regard to him ever being inducted.

Edited by Space Cowboy

Big Show (and Kane, for that matter) were just hurt by their last two years of full time, when they suddenly got pushed over a ton of deserving talent and consistently got nuclear heat. Specifically, that lead into Mania 31, and the Rumble 2015. Ew.

They're both HoF sure fire inductees, but I think they shouldn't go in for a while, just so people can become fond of them again. Maybe in 5-10 years. I never was too fond of people going in immediately after retiring (like HBK or Edge, even though both deserved it).

• 2 weeks later...

Ladder breaking spots are so overdone in WWE. And it’s so painfully obvious everytime that it’s not an actual steel ladder they are using for the spots.

That's because WWE's version of "selling" causes spots to take forever to be set up and executed.

Nah; I still always wow at ladder breaking spots. Theres so many more things that are overdone that bother me more, like dives, the sudden rampant emergence of Canadian Destroyers, moves on the apron. Ladder breaking spots is where you draw the line ? Lol

Nah; I still always wow at ladder breaking spots. Theres so many more things that are overdone that bother me more, like dives, the sudden rampant emergence of Canadian Destroyers, moves on the apron. Ladder breaking spots is where you draw the line ? Lol

Meh nothing new seen them for years in Lucha(destroyers) and Puro/Joshi(apron spots) matches.

Ladder breaking spots are so overdone in WWE. And its so painfully obvious everytime that its not an actual steel ladder they are using for the spots.

I dont want to see a WWE ladder match again anytime soon. Im so sick of them. Weve had so many of them since November. We had the two before War Games. Three at TLC (although to be fair the Corbin one was practically a hardcore match). The UK tag title one. And the Rey/Almas one last night. Thats way too many for this match-type in such a small period of time. Theyre also so contrived and spotty. Like whats the logic of setting up 4 ladders in the middle of the ring to reach the object when you only need one or two at most? Why are you needlessly taking the time set up these ladders when you can easily go for the win? Instead of being designed to be strategic and efficient, theyre designed to be spotty car demolition derbies with the same tired beats repeated. Which would be ok every once in a while but when youve booked at least 7 of them in the last two months, the novelty wears off.

What bugs me about the proliferation of those moves is the lack of consideration to the audience. Do they not realize or even care the audience are seeing these moves over and over again throughout the night?

they should sign me so i can main event Wrestlemania for 10 years straight. each match should be a minimum of 30 minutes and they should lock every door at each venue so no one can leave. dissenters shall be executed on the spot.

WWE needs more big hosses.

I want more big strong boi's beating the piss out of each other.

Thats why I liked Lars. But then all the racist shit came out but then he got severe anxiety and got hurt? Idk but hes looking like a flop now.

I want more wrestlers like WALTER. Simple, big impact moves. But makes everything seem legit and believable.

Edited by Bushy.

Yeee I thought Lars had potential for that too.

I agree with the hosses. I'm bored of commentators telling me that big men move like cruiserweights, it's become normal and isn't wholly impressive anymore. I think Keith Lee and Killian Dain are great wrestlers, but them doing dives and shit isn't unique anymore.

Edited by Creepia