Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

As much as fans shit on WWE and Vince, I feel like sometimes we need to trust what they are doing. For example, the Rusev/Lana storyline. Sure it wasnt great but overall it is getting Rusev over. Rusev is getting reactions close to the original Rusev Day push. I feel like we should really give WWE stories the benefit of the doubt until we see what the reactions the wrestlers are getting

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red lighting that you saw at HIAC is still a thing during his matches and

Dont even think he'll walk out with it, just shown for a merch plug

Honestly his best match under this gimmick was at Crown Jewel and at Summerslam of course. HIAC too aside from that bs finish

He had that ugly belt at StarrCade lol

That's working great for Cedric Alexander, Chad Gable, and Mustafa Ali.

*Shorty G

And yeah.With them I actively seek out their matches, while avoiding Rusev segments like the plague

So having no direction is fine with you?

Cedric was on TV till he voiced his support for ACH, Gable has been stuck in a awful feud with Corbin and Ali isn't doing dick.

That's not correct. He's been on RAW since the ACH thing. I mean shit, he was on the show last night... Did you watch?

Gable is not feuding with Corbin anymore (at least not directly). Roman is feuding with Corbin. Gable just tags along with Roman and/or Ali whenever there's a multi-man match. So he's doing as much as Ali, which by your account he isn't doing dick.

Even though I'm also not a completely a fan of how they are treating The Fiend character, and the shitty merch... I'm really happy for Bray and for the succsess he is having in spite of all the tough times he had.

And I'm glad he is the champ, that was the most exciting thing about when he made the announcement for HIAC. To see how they would handle a character like Bray as champ as far as challengers, feuds and tv time. And so far, they had a really good mix for that. Props to that. It's something different.

*Shorty G

And yeah.With them I actively seek out their matches, while avoiding Rusev segments like the plague

Staying home is better than running off a cliff

I've never understood the appeal of Rusev. He's far from being bad, but I don't think he's good, either. Rusev Day was sort of cool at first, but it got lame as *Censored* really quick. The Rusev Day chant was more over than Rusev himself.

Because he always seemed like a great guy, with an excellent comedic timing.

The way WWE books a wrestler is rarely ever the reason why people like that wrerstler

Because the more he was into his career the more you could see how good can he be in the ring. He is athletic, and a decent storyteller.

Maybe he would be a good comparison to Sheamus. When they have a chance to put out a match, they will put out a match.

And what LEGION said, he has a personality that can translate well, and in comedic roles he has a good knack for it and good timing. Now that I've said it, I think you can draw out more comparisons with Sheamus. I think they both have those traits that I've mentioned.

On that note, I remember Sheamus being the most boring when he had that WHC reign. Bad scripts and jokes, and lackluster booking. He was very confined in a specific role. Or like the time when he was in that feud with Reigns as part of League of Nations or whatever. He did his job, but the story overall sucked and that stable sucked since it was made to get Reigns over. The Bar was one of the major highlights of his career. He was again more likeable and he had fun, and that translated on the screen. Though, every team that Cesaro touches is his partners highlight of their career lol

The point is, when they are not so confined to very specific roles, they can be fun. And I don't think it's really fair to say: "well the chant was more over than him". I mean you can say that for a lot of chants if you wish, but they are intertwined, and you couldn't have one without the other.

*Shorty G

Staying home is better than running off a cliff

So dramatic. It's as if we're talking about Katie Vick here. lol

Hell, something like the lame Shorty G storyline (to use a more recent example) I find possibly worse since not only was it as silly and preposterous as this Rusev shit, the guy was also burden with an awful name and look (he also lost the feud, too! Imagine that!). I don't see that happening to Rusev at least.

What do you mean "so dramatic"?

I'm not watching the product. That's the point.

If I'm not watching, Rusev isn't getting over with me in that story.

Katie Vick didn't kill Triple H's or Kane's career either. So I don't see how that storyline is an example of worse results. If people are not watching, then it is doing a bad job. To me...This storyline is doing a bad job. And I'm not alone with that. That's all.

What do you mean "so dramatic"?

I'm not watching the product. That's the point.

If I'm not watching, Rusev isn't getting over with me in that story.

Katie Vick didn't kill Triple H's or Kane's career either. So I don't see how that storyline is an example of worse results. If people are not watching, then it is doing a bad job. To me...This storyline is doing a bad job. And I'm not alone with that. That's all.

Ah, so you're not watching? So you're not invested enough to watch rudderless guys then (two of which have nothing to do with RAW)?

I never said nor imply Katie Vick killed Triple H or Kane's careers. Katie Vick was used as an example of bottom barrel creative. Rusev's love triangle is not near that level to me at all and that's why I said "So dramatic." You're acting as if this storyline is the worst of the worst.

And it ain't killing Rusev's career either if that's what you're saying.

What would the "worst of the worst" storylines exactly result in?

What worse than people not watching could possibly be the result?

And is the bar really that low?

That we can't express hatred for storylines that are not the very bottom of the barrell?

The last I heard Rusev's segments are not driving fans away in droves like you seem to be saying. If it drove you away, then oh well -- that further plays into how dramatic you're being (to me) about this storyline, I guess.

Express your distaste. I just dont get the dramatic reaction to this particular storyline.

I've never understood the appeal of Rusev. He's far from being bad, but I don't think he's good, either. Rusev Day was sort of cool at first, but it got lame as *Censored* really quick. The Rusev Day chant was more over than Rusev himself.

Tbh I didn't like Rusev until Rusev Day, and that's largely through his Dude-Bro relationship with Aiden English. Those two had great chemistry and I loved them together. Before that, Rusev was your typical brute and nothing overly remarkable. Can't comment on now because I ain't watching.

Always sympathized with Rusev when he was just trying to have pride in his country and then Cena showed up and tried to shove an American flag up his ass for no reason. Ruru was always great but really started to get over once his real personality started to come through, especially with how easily likable he was on total divas.

"Don't be so chill about it" <---- Same argument, since you seem to be the only one on this forum not thinking it's a disaster of a storyline

You know how this discussion began, right? (Hint: it wasn't me who began it.)

So to say I'm the only one who doesn't think it's a disaster is a bit off the mark. Also, I'm sure there are others based on the discussion topic who don't think it's as devastingly bad as you're making it out to be.

Oh and honestly, since you're not watching the show, I don't really think it's that fair to make such a definitive assessment on a storyline. Sure, you can say the idea sounds stupid, it turns you off, or something to that effect -- but to make statements like you have doesn't seem right to me.

Charlotte has a lot of raw athleticism, but its overrated. Shes not that polished IMO. Like she can pretty much do everything, but not everything looks great.

With that being said, this isnt a critique on her a wrestler, just the athleticism part.