Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

I fail to see how that means he can't pass it on.

It's not a wrestling nickname.

It's a earned strongman title.

The same way Kurt Angle can't give "Olympic Gold Medalist" to someone else

True, damn true.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a great character, but I feel like a lot more could have been done with The Fiend character at this point. I feel like him having the Universal title is unnecessary. That's one of my biggest issues. I also hate his entrance now. Too much lighting and shit goes into now and it's no longer eerie or creepy.

It's still a great character, but I feel like a lot more could have been done with The Fiend character at this point. I feel like him having the Universal title is unnecessary. That's one of my biggest issues. I also hate his entrance now. Too much lighting and shit goes into now and it's no longer eerie or creepy.

I dont think him having the belt bothers me. But I can see the crowd turning on him because of the the stupid red light and his matches continue to be a bore. Also, the belt is dumb. Having the double mask on his face and around his waist doesnt look good at all IMO. But Ill call it now...

So all in all, I think theyre doing enough with The Fiend to the point where its TOO much. Like the character feels a little bit too commercialized. Id dial it back a little. But they see dollar signs.

still hate the Wednesday Night Wars. hate switching back and forth so i just decided to watch NXT live and then AEW later...except i just end up not watching AEW later either because im tired or something gets in the way or whatever. ive only really seen highlights in passing of Dynamite for the past month.

I dont think him having the belt bothers me. But I can see the crowd turning on him because of the the stupid red light and his matches continue to be a bore. Also, the belt is dumb. Having the double mask on his face and around his waist doesnt look good at all IMO. But Ill call it now...

So all in all, I think theyre doing enough with The Fiend to the point where its TOO much. Like the character feels a little bit too commercialized. Id dial it back a little. But they see dollar signs.

Oh that red light! I have messed up eyes so after a minute or two i legitimately can't watch the match.

still hate the Wednesday Night Wars. hate switching back and forth so i just decided to watch NXT live and then AEW later...except i just end up not watching AEW later either because im tired or something gets in the way or whatever. ive only really seen highlights in passing of Dynamite for the past month.

Im an episode and behind back on AEW and Ive never seen an episode of Dark 😭

Red lighting that you saw at HIAC is still a thing during his matches and

Dont even think he'll walk out with it, just shown for a merch plug

Honestly his best match under this gimmick was at Crown Jewel and at Summerslam of course. HIAC too aside from that bs finish

Edited by Ziggy Vercetti

Honestly his best match under this gimmick was at Crown Jewel and at Summerslam of course. HIAC too aside from that bs finish

No way. The best Fiend match is undoubtedly the Bryan one. The gimmicky, poorly crafted Rollins ones are right at the bottom.

Re: HIAC. It was bad because it was repetitive, long, had banal Wyatt offense, and took a ridiculous, cartoonish turn that was super phony and anti-climatic. Its easily one of the worst booked matches this year.

No way. The best Fiend match is undoubtedly the Bryan one. The gimmicky, poorly crafted Rollins ones are right at the bottom.

Re: HIAC. It was bad because it was repetitive, long, had banal Wyatt offense, and took a ridiculous, cartoonish turn that was super phony and anti-climatic. Its easily one of the worst booked matches this year.

Can agree, haven't watched a non-NXT show under the company banner since then, that match just burned me out in the worst way.