Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

Ok, nevermind I thought this was a different kind of a discussion :lol:

Considering they were together til SummerSlam 95 and Taker was a face during that time period I'd say yes.

During the whole time, from his debut until they've split?

I mean, yeah he was a babyface, not during that whole time.

Yup. Can't think of a time when they weren't together.

I'm saying... he wasn't a babyface during that time period...

But like I said, nevermind, I thought we were talking about something different regarding moutpieces and babyfaces.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrade needs to do a face turn, so that he can tranquilo it all the way up again and then do a heel turn, so that he can keep the tranquilo and still have it make sense with Zelina telling him to get focused back in NXT. As a heel, it wouldn't make sense for him to go back to that, but as a face it would.

the Rollins hate is kinda weird now and i hope at least some of you are starting to see it. im not talking about Rollins the wrestler, all the criticisms about his character and booking and promos and whatever else are all valid, but the criticisms of him as a person are lame to me. so if im not mistaken, Jericho is allowed to constantly take shots at WWE and play up the war, Cody is allowed to constantly take shots at WWE and play up the war, Kenny is allowed to belittle NXT before AEW even premieres, the Bucks are allowed to take jabs for years before AEW is even conceived...but Seth is not allowed to do any of that back. he says he wants to face Omega at Mania and calls AEW the minor leagues in a Jericho-esque fashion and of course now he is Bin Laden and needs to delete Twitter, but then old ass Jim Ross and his sexist response is seen as a killing blow to Rollins and everyone loves it. its soooo lame to me.

im not a Rollins stan by any means but i do follow him on Twitter and his only crime is riding out for a company that isnt cool to like anymore. too young to remember fan reaction to the Monday Night Wars but i find it hard to believe that this was what it was like when WWE and WCW were trading shots nonstop. and for the record, i have no problem with what the AEW guys have been saying, and by that same token i have no problem with what Rollins said either.

How is he "underperforming" every single show?

I mean if you are taking into account the creative state of WWE...

So yeah, he should just shut up and not talk back? Or also openly criticise WWE?

I mean, idk, people have been saying Omega has been kinda going down also.

I don't get your logic.

Edited by AONO.

If the WWE wasn't in the creative state it is, it would be different.

But if you manage to underperform every single show, except for the C & D shows (NXT & 205Live), you better not brag about doing the opposite

but do you see how that line of thinking can get messy? there is no objective good or bad here, its now just whatever/whoever i like better is correct. it was the same thing with the Ospreay conflict.

Rollins is just corny.

Thats really what it is. WWE thinks every face champion has to act like Cena. They fail to realize that Cena was just himself turned up. Being corny is not something someone should strive for unless they are naturally like that and can pull it off in an entertaining way. Thats why fans turned on Reigns, regardless of push, and now its happening to Rollins.

How is he "underperforming" every single show?

I mean if you are taking into account the creative state of WWE...

So yeah, he should just shut up and not talk back? Or also openly criticise WWE?

I mean, idk, people have been saying Omega has been kinda going down also.

I don't get your logic.

I am not talking about Rollins alone. I'm talking about the whole company that Rollins claims to have the best wrestling in the world

If the WWE wasn't in the creative state it is, it would be different.

But if you manage to underperform every single show, except for the C & D shows (NXT & 205Live), you better not brag about doing the opposite

but do you see how that line of thinking can get messy? there is no objective good or bad here, its now just whatever/whoever i like better is correct. it was the same thing with the Ospreay conflict.
Yes. And when the audience is on a record level decline you know that the quality is, in the subjective minds of the majority, going down. You don't need objectivity to conclude that something isn't working or isn't working aswell as it should.

Impact Wrestling has been on its deathbed at least since 1781 yet anybody who watches it will tell you that it is now the most entertaining it has been in years. my point is, the conversation isnt about business. you cant talk about a declining audience as a measure of quality after you just invoked 205 Live as one of the companys bright spots. obviously you meant there is a subjective quality to it, but the people who dont stay to watch it every week would probably disagree with you. thats my point, its all about what people like better. if people dont like WWE then AEW is justified in saying whatever they want but Rollins is an asshole by default for saying anything back because hes defending WWE. doesnt seem fair to me.

yes Rollins is corny, not the point.

I'm not just talking pure numbers of the audience. Also the reaction of the audience and the reason why they stop watching.

Impact Wrestling's audience stayed rather consistent for most there existence. It only changed, when they change where they are brodcasting. Plus their advertisment changed. That's the opposite of WWE's situation. WWE has more programms and accessibility than ever, yet the majority of the people following the product, criticize it.

Never said AEW is justified in saying whatever they want and Rollins can't say anything back. It simply depends on what he is actually saying. Especially considering his role in the company. He's a babyface, that in kayfabe is a tryhard, crybaby, that cries in the corner of the ring. There is little to like about him. Especially in comparison to his well more rounded and characterized opponents, like Braun Strowman and The Fiend. Ofcourse we are not going to react favorable to his tweets, when he continues to double down on the worst aspects that regulary gets him heat on television.

With all that being said...

When he first was called out for it, he had the chance to keep the banter up as just that banter....then he went on to compare BANK ACCOUNTS. There is no coming back as a babyface after that and you can be sure...if AEW, NJPW, MLW, ROH or any other (once) beloved wrestling company had their top babyface champion do so, they would be criticized just as much.

Impact Wrestling has been on its deathbed at least since 1781 yet anybody who watches it will tell you that it is now the most entertaining it has been in years. my point is, the conversation isnt about business. you cant talk about a declining audience as a measure of quality after you just invoked 205 Live as one of the companys bright spots. obviously you meant there is a subjective quality to it, but the people who dont stay to watch it every week would probably disagree with you. thats my point, its all about what people like better. if people dont like WWE then AEW is justified in saying whatever they want but Rollins is an asshole by default for saying anything back because hes defending WWE. doesnt seem fair to me.

yes Rollins is corny, not the point.

It is part of the point, it's why a lot of people are jumping on him. Because he's going about it in a corny way. If it was by default, then it wouldn't matter what he says and how he says it, but it isn't by default. His presentation of what he wants to say turns people off. A different approach would've garnered different reactions. But he doesn't have that kind of charisma, so yeah, sucks for him.

Its not even the company man thing that makes me think hes corny, when he talks as a champion i feel hes not telling me what hes saying, i feel like hes trying to convince himself in what hes saying. Like hes not telling me why hes gonna beat Brock hes convincing himself as to why hes going to beat Brock.

Its not even the company man thing that makes me think hes corny, when he talks as a champion i feel hes not telling me what hes saying, i feel like hes trying to convince himself in what hes saying. Like hes not telling me why hes gonna beat Brock hes convincing himself as to why hes going to beat Brock.

Tbh that is how an underdog should be talking.