Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fight Me.

I don't get what they see in Carillo. He's the blandest highflier ever. He's had good matches, but nothing spectacular. His look isn't very good either. Given I haven't seen his RAW stuff at all, but I also lack any and all interest to do so.

nveSHzk.gif

I like Carillo..no hate on him at all. I hope he gets a solid push and hed made a good white meat baby face champion, I just think theres guys that do what he does better and should be pushed harder than him. IE Ricochet, Almas, Black, even Garza.

His theme is so hard. Reminds me of Anuel AA.

It sucks that Andrade is still doing the same thing (nothing) since debuting a year and a half ago. I mean if he is booked he isn't booked weak that's for sure... But come on...

And I still can't get over him being only "Andrade"... Does that name sound noteworthy? Or can it be a marquee name? I can't picture it.

Edited by AONO.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, it's a shame about Andrade. Crazy how those series of matches with Rey Mysterio earlier this year did nothing for him. R-Truth got a damn US title reign out of it lol He could easily be the US champion right now...I mean does AJ STYLES really need it? lmao

Edited by Fight Me.

Ok, on that note.

Well I didn't like that they just had to have that mini feud. Imean actually it was only a series of matches nothing more. And yes, the matches were good. But still, every time when there is a ex masked luchador on the main roster they just have to have a feud with a masked luchador as soon as possible. I mean I get it, styles will probably mesh well even tough that doesn't really matter since it's the main roster.. it's still annoys me because it immediately lumps them in a specific category of a "mexican wrestler".

Mexican and latin wrestlers are always in a category of their own and that is so annoying.

EDIT: I forgot, especially heels

Edited by AONO.

The way Angel Garza is in NXT right now is how I'd want Andrade to be on the main roster. They're both good af.

I realize that the story with Andrade back in NXT was that he was too flashy, nonchalant and "tranquilo" to win the title, but Andrade's transition into this more focused, determined and aggressive character has carried over to the main roster. And yeah, that's cool and everything but it has also stripped him of a lot of his personality that made me like him to begin with. Idk why he can't have a good balance of him being really focused and aggressive, yet maintaining that cool, calm and collected demeanor and that swagger about him.

Edited by St★rstruck

are there any good modern examples of a babyface with a manager?

I'm assuming you mean in the US only...

Rusev with Lana for a short amount of time

Dutch Mantell/Zeb Colter & Alberto Del Rio :/

Maryse managing The Miz

Brandi Rhodes with Cody

...Paige with the Kabuki Warrirors

Bob Backlund & Darren Young

There really aren't that many

Oh I meant like, good pairings

Natalya & The Hart Dynasty

But generally in the past it wasn't uncommon.

Most famous duo probably being Hulk Hogan & Jimmy Hart and Randy Savage & Liz

Well, Jimmy Hart is mostly seen as a heel mouthpiece, and Macho Man & Liz... well Macho Man was a heel and always abused Liz until later.

That's why I wrote later, when M3J was more specific. I mean, if babyface had a mouthpiece, they most likely started as heels, and when they turn babyface the role of the moutpiece would fade away more.

Everyone forgetting Taker & Bearer...

Yes. Yes we did :lol:

Damn

Did he use him much as a babyface though?

Face manger pairings off the top of my head:

Taker w/Bearer

Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez

Hardy Boyz w/Lita

Enzo & Cass w/Carmella

Hogan w/Jimmy Hart

Bam Bam Bigelow w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

The Headshrinkers w/Lou Albano

Men on a Mission w/Mo

Test w/Stacy Keibler

Everyone forgetting Taker & Bearer...

Yes. Yes we did :lol:

Damn

Did he use him much as a babyface though?

Considering they were together til SummerSlam 95 and Taker was a face during that time period I'd say yes.

Ok, nevermind I thought this was a different kind of a discussion :lol:

Considering they were together til SummerSlam 95 and Taker was a face during that time period I'd say yes.

During the whole time, from his debut until they've split?

I mean, yeah he was a babyface, not during that whole time.

Ok, nevermind I thought this was a different kind of a discussion :lol:

During the whole time, from his debut until they've split?

I mean, yeah he was a babyface, not during that whole time.

Yup. Can't think of a time when they weren't together.