Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im not blaming Brock for the go away heat. Its the booking of Brock that constantly leads to the go away heat. And they never learn they just keep dumping titles on this dude when people keep voiceing displeasure in that. And then have in win in the worst fashions like i just dont understand it anymore

It's not even the character, it's how its handled. Brock matches are total shit 9 times out of 10. He's had a few good ones since returning (Punk, Styles, Bryan) but most of em are lazy, half assed showings. He is given the spotlight over far more entertaining choices, and is handed title after title, which he does nothing for. Brock's not what I find entertaining, and knowing we enter an era of "Brock is our guy", especially when it comes at the expense of people who I actually do like, immediately discourages me from watching the shows.

I wouldn't say that is true anymore. Bálor, Rollins @SunmerSlam, both of those were pretty good. Granted, there was a period where he was stinking the joint out, but that was more on his opponents (Big Show, HHH, etc.) than Brock himself. Over the last year or so he's been pretty solid.

Brock vs. Goldberg at mania 20 wasn't that bad. The crowd made it wonky, not the in ring happenings. If the crowd had been going crazy it might have been thought of as a full on classic.

Nah *censored* that. It was my first time ever seeing those guys when I watched the show as a maybe 13 or 14 year old, and even I could tell that whatever the hell their match was, it was terrible.

You could see actual frustration coming from Austin during Brock/Goldberg. Maybe if they both acted like they wanted to be there, the match would've gone over better

None of the "match-type" ppvs should have been ppvs. The only one that I'm somewhat coming around on, is MitB. Even then...I would still prefer it as a Wrestlemania staple, I think.

MitB at Mania.

HiaC only for big feuds that warrant something exceptionally violent.

TLC only for big feuds with a championship or contract, or teams.

Elimination Chamber for Survivor Series.

That's how things should be.

Edited by Generations

i have no problem with the more functional, concrete implications match type PPVs. MitB is like Royal Rumble for me or like winning the G1. there are guaranteed implications for winning the match. im pretty okay with EC, but yeah you dont need HIAC, TLC, Extreme Rules, etc. they just cheapen the match type itself because as long you know what time of year it is, you know youre gonna get one of those matches which defeats the original purpose of them.

Charlotte has a man's face

Charlotte looks good. 10x better than she looked coming out of NXT.

My girl kept commenting how big her boobs looked and how small her ass was lol

But you guys are picking the popular opinion on match themed PPVs. Im talking strictly about the cell match. I need a break from it.