Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was no excuse for heel Cole. that was the first time in my entire life i contemplated changing the channel or at least muting my TV. not a good heel if it makes people not want to watch. like i didnt care about him getting comeuppance or anything, i just wanted him gone.

there was no excuse for heel Cole. that was the first time in my entire life i contemplated changing the channel or at least muting my TV. not a good heel if it makes people not want to watch. like i didnt care about him getting comeuppance or anything, i just wanted him gone.

Same here. It was instant Xpac heat for me like the main play by play guy should never be an obnoxious heel and he damn sure shouldve never been in the ring

Heel Cole with Face Lawler was pretty shit. I actually liked Cole fanboying for Miz like crazy while shitting on Daniel bryan, I'd like more commentators to have like one or two wrestlers who they support like crazy and one or two who they hate, while remaining unbias for the rest (rather than face commentator and heel commentator each supporting half the roster each), but the moment he and Jerry starting pushing each other further it all fell apart.

Plus heel Cole led to the waste of a half hour at Mania 27. Shit was sad.

Some of you are tripping. Lol Heel Cole was hilarious af. The anal bleeding comment. The NXT run as a heel with the divas(as Jiggy mentioned), The segment with The Rock, etc.

Whatever that was, that was not him being Heel Cole.

Never been a fan of Cole, and I don't think it's his fault. It's the combo of what he's being told to say and how close his voice is to Todd Pettengill. I just can't get over it as hard as I try, but I don't blame him the poor guy. My favorite will always be Gordon Solie, He allows for quiet moments, Like other sports. It really makes the exciting moments more so when he finally breaks the calm and starts to shout.

not sure if unpopular but I don't see it discussed, or nor did I've seen it mentioned...

Bryan should still be in the conversation for the best in the world. Maybe he is, but I don't see him in those conversations really anymore. However, the top is changing faster then ever, with more people getting exposure etc etc...

Also, Bryans SDL run since coming back to the ring is arguably his best work in the WWE. I mean sure, during the beginning of his heel run, I think he needed a bit to pick up steam as a character, but ultimately he delivered. He plays a obsessive psycho really well too... I mean, I think it gets overlooked kinda.

In ring, he is still on top of his game and can have a great match with basically everyone. I don't think this is even debatable. His in ring psychology is still classic, rarely we see what he does on the current main roster.

And the way his matches work, look so effortless and natural...

On another note, it looks like he wants to put over other talent every chance he gets, and he does it effortlessly also...

Edited by aono55