Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

In no way has Murphy showed the least bit of personality that hasn't been the typical arrogant/cocky heel. Idek how his attitude can be similar to Omega's in that regard.

Well, look at it this way:

Omega: Best Bout Machine

Murphy: Best Kept Secret

Sounds like similar traits of arrogance.

Thats.. I'm sorry dude, but thats a hell of a reach.

I know. Thanks for being honest about it. My apologies for being stupid.

You don't need to keep apologising for having a differing opinion bro, no one thinks you're stupid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no way has Murphy showed the least bit of personality that hasn't been the typical arrogant/cocky heel. Idek how his attitude can be similar to Omega's in that regard.

You don't need to keep apologising for having a differing opinion bro, no one thinks you're stupid

I know. It's the way I was raised.

I think it's a hell of a resch but it's still your opinion brother, and considering how polite and pleasant you are here, you've got nothing to apologize for. :cool:

I think it's a hell of a resch but it's still your opinion brother, and considering how polite and pleasant you are here, you've got nothing to apologize for. :cool:
Thank you, Brandon. It's just the way I was raised. I come from a very conservative, military family that when one of us screw up, we own up to it.

Anyway, back to the topic regarding Buddy Murphy. Let's be honest, the only reason most people like him is because is busts out moves that he possibly saw Omega, Ibushi, and Chris Sabin do in the past.

Edited by Motown Hero

Not a spoiler as I haven't seen RAW yet and don't know if the title swapped around but...

While the 24/7 hijinks has been a lot of fun, I'm really over the belt constantly ending up with Drake or Truth. I wanna see more guys get longer runs. I was thrilled when Bo Dallas won it last week because he could do some really funny shit with it, but it just went back to Truth immediately.

I've been over Truth for a long time, at least Drake is still funny and original in the sense that he's been doing this only since the 24/7-title, but Truth been stale for years.

Also, Oney Lorcan's Twitter reminds me of someone from 4chan who just got there and tries to talk in a certain way to fit in, but it doesn't work.

I dont see whats wrong with his Twitter at all....

Never seen anyone let alone a wrestler tweet like that.

I dont think everything requires this deep down I dont get whats so funny analysis. He just types in caps and says weird random shit. No one else does it and finds it humorous. Thats it.

I don't hate pole matches... or rather... I don't hate the idea of them as long as they're not all Russo'd up. One thing I dislike about (some of) them though is that if it's a weapon on the pole, it doesn't matter who pulls it down, anybody can use it. It should only be the one who retrieves it that can use it, there's no point in it being a pole match otherwise.

Edited by Oresama

I don't hate pole matches... or rather... I don't hate the idea of them as long as they're not all Russo'd up. One thing I dislike is that about (some of) them though is that if it's a weapon on the pole, it doesn't matter who pulls it down, anybody can use it. It should only be the one who retrieves it that can use it, there's no point in it being a pole match otherwise.

So what are you going to do once another person uses it? Disqualify that person? That would be weird. The weapon on the pole being retrieved is giving a person an advantage. There isn't really anything else which you can do with that match, because once you introduce the idea of being DQed for using the object you didn't retireve, the match becomes even more of a mess.

The better version of the "On-the-pole" match type is the Steel Cage match, with weapons hanging from the cage. Every other version of On-the-pole matches always seemed like a bad version of a Ladder match to me.

The announcer and commentators make the rules clear before the match, only the person that retrieves the weapon can use it. It makes the race for weapon on the pole mean something. Otherwise, they might as well just have an *insert weapon here* match.

Edited by Oresama

Speaking on match rules...it's kind of crazy how limited we still are at 2019 when it comes to where matches have gone. You're talking about an industry that can literally just make shit up as it goes. You can do anything in pro wrestling, and match variety is still one of the most lacking departments when it comes to originality.

The announcer and commentators announce make the rules clear before the match, only the person that retrieves the weapon can use it. It makes the race for weapon on the pole mean something. Otherwise, they might as well just have an *insert weapon here* match.

Which is precisely why Pole matches are resented so much. It's a pointless gimmick. You're better off using your superior grappling ability to beat your opponent without retrieving a Kendo stick from a pole. The race doesn't mean much, when you're better off using the pole itself or the turnbuckles or the apron as a more effective and more legal weapon in the match. Pole matches only work if the object on the pole has some personal connection with the people involved.

Like that one time Yoshi Tatsu's action figure was on a pole in NXT. But then again...A Ladder match would accomplish the same, without having the Vince Russo stigma attached to it.

Wrestling works at its best when it is simple to understand imo. You shouldn't have to read a Wikipedia article just to understand what is going on.

Speaking on match rules...it's kind of crazy how limited we still are at 2019 when it comes to where matches have gone. You're talking about an industry that can literally just make shit up as it goes. You can do anything in pro wrestling, and match variety is still one of the most lacking departments when it comes to originality.

I second this. It's frustrating because they don't even need to get that creative, just mix & match what you already got. Lumberjack steel cage, last man standing inside Hell in a Cell, Ironman Tables, and so much more.

I hate it. Like wrestling should have very clear rules but yeah they just make shit up and it makes refs, wrestlers, and management look stupid half the time

man i'm really a sheep. i got like no unpopular opinions, the most unpopular ones i had aren't unpopular anymore. i had to dig deep for these.

-I'm ready for Roman to win the title and have a proper reign, but I'm also okay with them not rushing it.

-Again, probably not unpopular anymore as of late but this piece of shit Baron Corbin is *censored*ing good man and this KOTR tourney has done a great job showcasing that. I remember liking him before the Constable bullshit and this may just be a testament to how asscheeks his booking was for the past year and a half that I suddenly like him again when they book him slightly better. Losing that weak ass salsa dancer shirt definitely helped too. He's a much more natural talker now than he was a while ago and based off his usual UUDD appearances, he really seems like a cool ass dude. So yeah, #CorbinHive

-Kofi's reign hasn't been any worse than anyone else's as of late so I'm not getting the criticism he's been getting as of late. I do agree that the subject matter of each feud is getting repetitive but his current feud is one where the "I'm happy to be champ" schtick makes sense. If he survives this, I would like him to own it a little more. No more "you don't deserve it" feuds, more "bitch i'ma beat piss outta you and take the title from you" feuds.

-AJ's last reign was worse imo with the repetitive feuds and underwhelming matches and it not ending with Joe winning the title. It gave us Heel Bryan though which was just delicious.

-All in for Cena to break Flair's record.

-Byron Saxton is good.

-Nigel is good but not as good as people make him seem. Too many times I've heard him straight up quit on a sentence midway through. Still love him though.

-Graves can be annoying. It's crazy he has different annoying quirks for each show. On Raw he straight up screams and argues with Renee (who is truly awful I'm sorry) as if there isn't a match happening, and then Smackdown it's the Mandy thing. But I will say it's not as bad on Smackdown because they're always just laughing at shit and it's always funny to hear.

-The new blonde backstage interviewer...bro what?

-I'm not interested in a Braun title win anymore. If it ever happens then okay but I don't think it needs to. Personally I haven't been a fan of his for a while and while it's easy to blame booking, I think it's just him, but I'm more than willing to be wrong.

-Shayna Bazsler is great.

-Probably not unpopular anymore but yeah they gotta do something different with Gargano. I groaned when I saw he was staying on NXT even though I expected it and then the matches have hit their ceiling, and not only did they hit their ceiling they have bounced off the ceiling and are now heading the opposition direction which isn't to say they're bad by any means but shit...idk turn him heel again. That was fun. Also the greenlight a lot of CENAWINSLOL/MakeRomanLookStrong fans give him to kick out of entire movesets is kinda ridiculous.

-I hate that I'm not interested in like 90% of the NXT UK roster. None of them are convincing other than Imperium, Dragunov and my cousin Tyler Bate (and Trent for that matter) and I can't realistically see anyone beating WALTER for the title. I don't even know who goes after WALTER next because everybody is lame. It's too early for Dragunov but I guess Trent makes sense and I actually wanna see that match, but neither of those guys should win. WALTER may have to just keep it until they sign somebody else.

-I still don't think Seth did anything wrong this summer with his Twitter antics. I'm not even a diehard Seth fan but I respect him for sticking his neck out for the squad knowing he would get clowned and vilified, and respect to WWE for making sure Stomping Grounds was one of the best PPVs of the year right after he said that. I also think people only vilified him because they disagreed with him. If the roles were switched and Ospreay said the things Seth did, people would be on his nuts and backing him up. I agree he's had a way better year than Seth but there's no right or wrong with something like how much you or I like a match. Just because people disagreed with Seth doesn't mean he was a dickhead for saying it, especially when it's a harmless opinion. Seth addressed no one, Ospreay got in the way and caught a harmless bullet. The big bank talk also didn't bother me, I listen to way too much rap to make a big deal out of that.

-I was talking to Bushy about this some time ago, but I also don't think Seth's comments about Mox were as evil as people made them seem. I 100% think Mox didn't take it personally and understood Seth was just playing his role. Could he have been diplomatic? Sure, but he didn't have to be, plus he's the face of the company, I expect him to go hard in that role. And Seth purposely didn't say anything too inflammatory. Why? Because they're friends in real life and I refuse to believe Seth didn't know what Mox was gonna do when he left WWE (this belief is backed up by Seth showing support when Mox tweeted his first free agent vignette) and I refuse to believe Seth would go out of his way to disrespect him while working with Renee every week who I'm sure he's also good friends with. Hopefully people look back and realize how ridiculous it was to kill Seth like they did.

-Probably not unpopular anymore but yeah they gotta do something different with Gargano. I groaned when I saw he was staying on NXT even though I expected it and then the matches have hit their ceiling, and not only did they hit their ceiling they have bounced off the ceiling and are now heading the opposition direction which isn't to say they're bad by any means but shit...idk turn him heel again. That was fun. Also the greenlight a lot of CENAWINSLOL/MakeRomanLookStrong fans give him to kick out of entire movesets is kinda ridiculous.

I really don't think it's fair to compare those two. For one while yes they both like to kick out of 3,956 different moves per match, Gargano is willing to at least make the trade off of not being able to hit his own stuff to protect his opponent in a sense, while Cena will hit his entire moveset, leaving his opponent with nothing. Plus, Gargano will actually give those wins back, twice over. Something Cena NEVER does. On top of that, Gargano's average match quality is so, so, so much higher than Cena's.

I was initially not really buying into WALTER after seeing his first few NXT UK matches, but the Tyler Bate match won me over. That said, I think WALTER is like...99% complete right now, and needs a really decisive finisher that is his and his alone. The Powerbomb, Splash and Lariat he's used as finishers look fine and all, but are just so freaking bland as a match ending move. It can be a simple move, as most of his moveset is very straightforward, but I need something that isn't that damn generic.