Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually liked Gargano quite a bit during that weird phase of him being this super conflicted babyface after attacking Aleister Black.

Me too. Then they decided to go back on that and have him be how he was before.

That's wild. Gargano to me is a candidate for best in the world right now. To each their own, I guess we all have those people we just dislike regardless of talent.

Thats true. Its a weird dynamic for me because I recall I was among the first to say Johnny is one of the best wrestlers in the WORLD, not just NXT or WWE, but the world. Up there with Okada & Omega at the time. But, yeah, Ive never been personally the biggest fan lol. Like. I wanted him to win the title and all that stuff, but as much as I enjoy him and his spot, Ill always root harder for a guy like Isiah Scott, Almas or now even Angel Garza.

I think its wanting the legit underdog who doesnt get much TV time or wins to become something big. Not sure. Theres just something that draws me to actively root and support wrestlers beyond watching their matches more but I cant name it. Same for underdog Zayn. Or even Bryan.

Heck, I would root for guys like Ali or Joaquin Wilde over Gargano simply due to what those guys have gone through to survive in the pro wrestling industry. They both have an underdog story to tell, where as Gargano's story has pretty much been played out at this point. I wil agree that he was better off being the conficited dude who was close to the edge. He should have kept that part of himself.

In no way has Murphy showed the least bit of personality that hasn't been the typical arrogant/cocky heel. Idek how his attitude can be similar to Omega's in that regard.

Well, look at it this way:

Omega: Best Bout Machine

Murphy: Best Kept Secret

Sounds like similar traits of arrogance.

I'm sure there's been a few amount of people who have used the Bicycle Knee before him, but I think it's safe to say that Omega has made that move popular over the past 3-4 years since he stepped into NJPW - and I've seen more and more people use it ever since and I hardly get excited when I see the move being used depending on the sequence leading up to it and such.

I know it's 2019 and every type of cool, unique and innovative wrestling move has been done at least a few times before, but the theatrics and such make it special and I don't see many people trying to incorporate the small things that make themselves stand out in the regard. A good chunk of the great wrestlers in WWE have move-sets and styles that a handful of other guys have that can probably do it 10x better than they can.

In no way has Murphy showed the least bit of personality that hasn't been the typical arrogant/cocky heel. Idek how his attitude can be similar to Omega's in that regard.

Thats.. I'm sorry dude, but thats a hell of a reach.

Thats.. I'm sorry dude, but thats a hell of a reach.

I know. Thanks for being honest about it. My apologies for being stupid.

Mick Foley annoys me!Between his stand up specials, show on wwe network, social media posts and last couple of promos during appearances..I want to smash him with a chair!

I mean I still like him and have been a fan through his career but damn

He annoys you...because?

I don't even really know. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I don't have much sense of a humor and so I guess his makes me cringe. Don't know but he simply makes me want to roll my eyes