Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ A.O.L., just curious..why exactly is it gross to be into Hogan? Really confused why it's a no no to still be a fan of his. Can someone plz explain?

Perhaps the Hulk-A-Maniac term was a poor choice of words as I'm not that huge of a mark anymore but still a fan enough. Some of you put my opinion down without explaining why

every apology came with a ton of excuses tacked on, This was one of the moments you need not a excuse, just apologize and say you'll try harder in the future.That's it. He ruined it by adding on all these reasons for his words."it was okay to say that word back then, and I did it to all my friends" , "I was in a bad place" [That's no excuse to be racist anyways]. "This is about privacy not racism" [Which it was really about both] All he had to do was say sorry. Seemed to work for Dan Harmon and a few others who did the simple most human thing you can do when you're wrong.Just.Say.Sorry.

the Locker room response to Hogan was luke warm at best, some of the most loved people in WWE were rather annoyed Hogan was brought back into the fold and found his apology less then credible. and can you blame them, I mean this not to be over cruel to Hulk, but every single word out of his mouth seems to be lies, why would you believe him? At least if he left it at a simple apology , You could go "Well he is trying I suppose" .

If you like Hogan, I am happy you enjoy his work. But let's be frank, He isn't going to wrestle anymore, he isn't gonna put anyone over. His Career made a lot of money for the business, but to me I see him as someone who did just as bad as he did good for the business, I'm not alone in that thinking. He has a less then stellar rep..Use another Legend.

Well as far as his "apology", yeah I agree he messed that up and made it as bad or even worse. I am also surprised he still has an ego at such a high level. His promos from WM and Raw Reunion kinda irked me as he put himself and fanbase as the center of everything while Stone Cold did the opposite and put over all the other legends.

As for picking another legend, yeah I admit he was one of my favs he never was #1. It was always Macho Man and Sting then Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold and so on

Yeah Hogan is just human trash. Be a fan of his if you want aint no one stopping you, but it's not hard to understand why people hate him. Dude is a racist piece of shit and un-apologetically so, and people like that don't deserve your adoration.

That and a million accounts of shitty backstage politics throughout his career.

I really want to say that this isn't a attack on his fans, at least not from me, People speaking out on Hogan are not asking Hogan to be perfect but rather that WWE stand by it's mission statement and presented values. [but at this point they fail so hard I wonder why we even try] . Hogan is still redeemable, but that redemption asks he do something he finds hard to accomplish, Be humble and tell the truth. It's so simple.

Renee aint great, but there is no comparison with her and others in the past. She's not actually there to "commentate", she is there to react and read from a list of buzzwords and phrases. Nobody in WWE is there to commentate, hence why Corey Graves just shits on people and argues with Saxton all the time.

I honestly think it's a little unfair to compare her to bad commentators of the past, because in another company she might be good at the job. Anyone will do bad at it in current WWE.

Beth is my least favorite at the moment. Renee is fine, I think. But there is something to be said just about female commentary in general. The higher pitch voices can be really distracting during the action, IMO. Like...with the guys, you can kind of half-listen to what they're saying. And if they drone on too much, or say too much stupid shit...then it's easy to stop listening. But, when the women say something that doesn't land, I think it's much harder to just ignore it. You hear that voice so much more prominently than the others...so the things they're saying really need to be important or worthwhile every single time...not just "Whoa!" or "Are you kidding me?"

Edited by Generations

tbh I don't get why Mauro gets flak for his pop culture references.

He is still best play by play they have and he has good chemistry with Nigel.

If they want SDL to be more "sports like" they definetly have to improve on play by play commentery. They really miss that.

I think the references annoy people who don't understand them. Which I can understand to a degree...because you sit there and you say "what the hell did that have to do with wrestling?" But I also think it's impressive how many references he's capable of pulling out of nowhere. Like...it makes me wonder, how he even finds the time to consume so much content...that he's actually aware of so many different ongoing pop-culture happenings and capable of just flawlessly mixing them into his commentary. I mean...I'm a pretty connected guy when it comes to a handful of different things. I know what's going on in pro wrestling, video games, film, music, comic books...but it always seems like he knows EVERYTHING. He can reference all the things I just listed...and also fashion, sports, etc.

Tbh I understand why he does the references. For a casual crowd stuff like that is great because it can draw some connections.

Also on the topic of commentary, I really dislike Nigel. Dude tries so damn hard to be the heel commentator, and it's more annoying than Corey. Plus he's just screaming half the time at everything. It's like Matt Striker's I'M MARKING OUT BROOO but for every bigger moment in a match.