Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oresama

Unpopular AEW Opinions

Jim Ross needs to retired. Dude sounds like he does not give any *censored*s.

Never made sense to hire him in the first place. He's a guy that hates the state of modern wrestling and the style that most of the guys on the roster do. Plus he just doesn't have the energy for it anymore. Why would you hire someone like that? Even if it's just for name recognition, it's not worth it, because he just drags the show down with his apathy for everything

He literally got someone name wrong and was like whatever. If your announcers don't give a shit about the wrestlers why would you feel compelled too.

What wrestler did he get wrong? I know he had that Jack Swagger slip up which he covered a little but who else are we talking about?

Speaking of JR, I wonder if hes having flashbacks to Jim Herd era WCW considering that theres some Batman tie-in tomorrow.

All I know is that he was calling Jungle Boy "Jungle Jack"...which I wouldn't call "wrong"...so much as putting his own twist or nickname on the character. We know his name is Jack Perry. They openly address that he is the son of Luke Perry. It doesn't damage his gimmick or reputation to call him Jungle Jack. So...meh. If that is the so called "wrong name"...then there's some serious straws being grasped at.

Edited by Generations

He was calling both wrestlers in the women's title match by the wrong name and was kinda like yeah whatever their names are at one point when Excalibur corrected him.

The only time I've seen a live animal work well in professional wrestling, is Teddy Hart with Mr. Velvet. (And Jake the Snake with Damien, albeit, it's kind of hard for a snake to be nervous or anything).

Edited by Generations

I heard Teddy drugs those cats so i never know how to feel about him bring them out. One did run away at a GCW show when it was handed to Orange Cassidy.

Yeah I'm not keen on them using animals either. Like, Hangman's entrance was pretty cool, but none of the other instances were at all necessary.

I don't think he's as bad as you're saying, be he's absolutely slowed down. I think it's due to the weight he put on for his character. I'd definitely rather see Jericho lose a few pounds and go at 100% for the rest of his run, as I have to believe this is probably the last full time run of his career.

Jericho isn't "fat" per say...he just has a really weird looking body. I'm not here to accuse the guy of anything...but he kinda has that lazy steroid look. The sad pecs, the uncanny abs poking through a gut. Look up "steroid belly" and you'll see what I mean.

I don't think he put on weight on purpose, i think he just loves booze.

He says he did, says he wanted to be a big, scary American type like Bruiser Brody when he was in Japan.

I don't think he's as bad as you're saying, be he's absolutely slowed down. I think it's due to the weight he put on for his character. I'd definitely rather see Jericho lose a few pounds and go at 100% for the rest of his run, as I have to believe this is probably the last full time run of his career.

To you.

To you.

....Yes? Or I wouldn't have written it.

Yeah, Counting Lights was just providing a counterpoint. That's how argumentive discussions like this thread work.

Anyway, his match with Jungle Boy I thought was good and well-worked. That's the kind of match I think he excels at now. Matches that have a clear premise and are heavy on psychology. He's still exceptionally good at working a crowd and getting the story of the match across.

Battle Cry definitely fits his current presentation better.

Devils Sky was awesome, but he kinda stopped playing to the song after a while, and then it felt out of place. Like this epic God of War sounding piece for a guy who....casually comes out to Too Sweet people.

Kenny Omega's current Theme (Battle Cry) > Devil's Sky

Hell no. Although Im just getting used to AEW song now, its pretty good.

Nothing beats his early to peak NJPW presentation. Hate his AEW look too.

Yeah...that's definitely a HARD no on that. His AEW theme is just some generic shit.

When you think of Kenny Omega, you think of him sweeping his way down the ramp to Devil's Sky.