Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

I figured this section could use one of these since the others have them.

Anyway... I'm not a fan of how they're crowning the first World and probably Women's Champions. It would've been cool to have tournaments of some sort over past few shows to give them more meaning. I'm happy the Tag Team Championship is getting a tournament though.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured this section could use one of these since the others have them.

They don't, though. There is one Unpopular Opinions thread, and it has always been in the WWE section because that has the highest user activity. Now if AEW has one, the others should too. This seems like a cluster*censored* waiting to happen. :lol:

Yeah...no, they don't.

There is an 'Unpopular Movie Opinions', 'Unpopular Music Opinions'...and there has always been one single 'Unpopular Wrestling Opinions' topic...and it has always been in the WWE section as a catch-all. You're free to do your own search of the forum. But this is the truth. This is why the current topic is on version 12. And it makes sense...because if someone wants to say something like "Seth Rollins is not as good as Kenny Omega"...the topic needs to account for that by being a general topic. Hence, you create a cluster*censored* by allowing every promotion to have it's own topic. That only limits the opinions that people can actually post.

There's not even a big AEW fan base on here and the company is just starting. How can there be popular and unpopular opinions already?

The OP opinion could easily just be posted in the show thread

what do you mean? AEW is definitely popular and has shown us enough for people to have opinions on what theyve seen, and some of those opinions may not be shared by the majority.

for example, ill get it started:

1. Im not buying Adam Page.

2. JR has been mediocre at best, he is not meant to do color commentary.

3. I wish Cody and the Elite kept their positions in the company off-screen. they should have taken the Gedo route. its hard to get behind them when im reminded of their power throughout the show.

Holy shit this thread was turned into an unnecessary cluster*censored* right off the bat. If the mods thought this thread wasn't needed then they would/will close it. Bitching about it aint doing anything to help it either way, so shut up and stop being petty. Oresama was simply trying to be helpful and help this section grow, why the *Censored* would you whinge about that?

I agree with EJ. Adam Page does indeed have everything it takes, but he's not quite catching fight right now. They should have let him build steam on his own without actually telling us that he is the future etc. It's very WWE of them. :lol: I feel like building him up from October (weekly TV) onwards would have been a better fit.

I already said I was wrong, and It's already been dropped.

Creepia late on the scene of stirring shit as usual.

Unpopular AEW opinion: Omega sold himself short by being a part of AEW. It makes sense for the Bucks, and even for Cody. It never made sense for Kenny. And I think he knows it.

1. Im not buying Adam Page.

2. JR has been mediocre at best, he is not meant to do color commentary.

3. I wish Cody and the Elite kept their positions in the company off-screen. they should have taken the Gedo route. its hard to get behind them when im reminded of their power throughout the show.

I agree with the bold. I think Page would be a great choice if they debut a midcard title. Hold that for a while.

And definitely agree with keeping the VP positions off air. I understand using them for these early shows, but All Out on to the weeklies, it needs to stop.

I already said I was wrong, and It's already been dropped.

Creepia late on the scene of stirring shit as usual.

Unpopular AEW opinion: Omega sold himself short by being a part of AEW. It makes sense for the Bucks, and even for Cody. It never made sense for Kenny. And I think he knows it.

I had a point, so I said it. It's only shit stirring if you take it as such, which you did so I guess I am shit stirring. Happily so. I didn't realise discussions on this forum were meant to disappear like a Snapchat post. It wasn't just you, so don't play the victim act. There was a reason I didn't quote anyone in particular.

JR started off on baby legs, but got better the more he's done. His work at DoN was the strongest I've heard from him in a pretty long while...even better than his NJPW stuff, which I also thought was weak. As soon as he fully settles in and feels comfortable, I think AEW is going to be a nice home for him.

Marvez is just flat. It's hard to look at the guy objectively and say anything nice about him. He seems like a nice guy...but he drains the life from the show pretty quickly. It's not really the job of the commentary to simply tell you things that you can see for yourself.

I think AEW is gonna hinder the indies. Cody said the roster is only about 40% complete right now.

Things will definitely be interesting with NWA in the mix. I don't know if the indies will be hindered, necessarily...but, anyone who already has anything of a buzz or following is going to be grabbed up quickly. After that, it will be a matter of whether really green wrestlers are able to step it up and fill the voids.

AEW should to go after big name or top free agents from around the world and not just average - good indy wrestlers with most happen to be close friends with the executive presidents.

They may see themselves as an alternative to wwe rather than competition but they're still big leagues and a top wrestling company now. Jericho can't be the only mainstream name on the roster and it's great having Jon Moxley and Shawn Spears but they need more and indy backgrounds shouldn't be a big bonus.

Find out when contracts run up and go after big-major current stars from WWE/Impact/NWA/AAA/CMLL and NJPW! Fans and wrestlers are hoping so bad for a new wrestling war and AEW may not neccesarily have that mind set but NWA and WWE may. NWA announcing a tv deal for october can't be a coincidence and wwe may not see AEW as a major threat right now but they will definitely be countering them whenever possible

Couldn't agree more with all of that. And been saying it since they began announcing mediocre signings.

You named this damn company All Elite...not All Friends and Family. It's one thing to introduce lesser known names...but they have to be guys who actually look the part of one day becoming top stars. Most of the AEW roster does not fit that description.

MLW and NWA make better signings than AEW at this point. Even Impact, tbh. I mean...NWA just announced that they signed Ricky Starks. That's already a better signing than most of what AEW has announced.

I think it's also important to sign big names when the company is headed by some of the biggest names in the industry. If you have guys like Cody, Omega, and the Bucks going out and signing small fish to fill their pond...it doesn't look great. Kinda comes off as them wanting top billing and not wanting to get any huge names to compete with for that spotlight.

Couldn't agree more with all of that. And been saying it since they began announcing mediocre signings.

Preach!

You named this damn company All Elite...not All Friends and Family. It's one thing to introduce lesser known names...but they have to be guys who actually look the part of one day becoming top stars. Most of the AEW roster does not fit that description.

MLW and NWA make better signings than AEW at this point. Even Impact, tbh. I mean...NWA just announced that they signed Ricky Starks. That's already a better signing than most of what AEW has announced.

I think it's also important to sign big names when the company is headed by some of the biggest names in the industry. If you have guys like Cody, Omega, and the Bucks going out and signing small fish to fill their pond...it doesn't look great. Kinda comes off as them wanting top billing and not wanting to get any huge names to compete with for that spotlight.

Preach!

Who do you like from the roster? I've said before that I'm fine with most of the roster but as far as who I actually like or am interested in..

Adam Page

Angelico

Chris Jericho

Christopher Daniels

Cima

Cody

Darby Allin

Fenix

Frankie Kazarian

Jack Evan's

Jimmy Havoc

Jon Moxley

Jungle Boy

Kenny Omega

Kip Sabian

Luchasaurus

Matt Jackson

MJF

Nick Jackson

Penta

Private Party

Sammy Guevara

Scorpio Sky

Shawn Spears

Awesome Kong

Bea Preistly

Britt Baker

Hikaru Shida

Penelope Ford

Sadie Gibbs

The rest however, I don't care for or feel they don't belong on a major wrestling company and especially one called All Elite Wrestling

Archived