Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2022 at 9:24 PM, The Nerd said:

You know what? I don’t give a *Censored* anymore? I side with Punk. Does it matter? No. I’m a fan. My opinion means nothing in the grand scheme but it’s my right nonetheless. Yeah, he shitted on Vince etc and WWE for his reasons that aren’t up for me to defend or demean but to the core he has the ego that’s needed in wrestling. He has the ego that’s important in wrestling. It’s the same ego all the greats had in different ways. Some were willing to put you over more than others were but still, ego creates icons, ego breeds champions and ego makes you a legend in the end. Punk isn’t perfect but I would’ve smacked those three hoes also. The Bucks were jealous Punk drew more than they ever could. They’ve been the wrestling business for a min and they STILL can’t *censored*ing do it correctly. Kenny Omega, is an amazing talent and could be a draw on a bigger stage or if he was presented and produced better. The point is, Punk>>>>>the three of them. I don’t care who was there first. ?

they drew more when punk wasnt on the show in fact  punk barely move the needle when he was in aew 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They're not dead, they're catering to their existing hardcore audience and are not growing as a result of that. They have a core audience that tune in each week regardless of the quality of the booking. 

For me they peaked with CM Punks debut and went to hell when Punk got injured after winning the big one. The booking seemed to massively dip during the Forbidden Door build up and never really recovered. 

Pair that with the massive bump up in quality of WWE since all the Vince shenigans and they seem to have fallen by the wayside.

Comes down to Tony Khan at the end of the day, he's not a very good booker in my opinion. His reluctance to get out of his own way and get significant help will unfortuantly continue to produce middling results. 

The peak before Punk isn’t even where my issue lies with the company tbh. It started long before Punk came. Nothing feels BIG to me. Nothing feels major. Nothing feels like a big deal to me. Now granted I have some slight bias but Tony Khan really has zero clue how to make long term storylines that stick and feel major. I legitimately forgot MJF was champion. Where are the good feuds? Where are the moments? I don’t get what they’re even doing anymore. Why is Darby not a bigger deal by now? Why is Jungle Boy not a bigger deal? Why is Bryan Danielson being *censored*ing wasted? Why do Jericho relevant and a focal point in 2023? He’s not a draw. Lol Why is he a focal point? For what? Why is Moxley coasting? I can go on. I don’t get the direction of the company. And I’m not even going to be an asshole and talk viewership but they can’t even keep a steady milli. Absolutely not. I was promised this was going to be the company to rival WWE and we beat this demo and that demo and cheap heat tactics and promos later and the company isn’t where I’m sure I truly wants to be. Also where is the damn game? Less coke more booking shows better. It’s obnoxious. Thank goodness for Jade, The Acclaimed(barely) and why the *Censored* wasn’t Starks main event from jump? Just ugh. That’s what happens when you give a child keys to a *censored*ing castle. *censored*ing novice.  

21 hours ago, The Nerd said:

The peak before Punk isn’t even where my issue lies with the company tbh. It started long before Punk came. Nothing feels BIG to me. Nothing feels major. Nothing feels like a big deal to me. Now granted I have some slight bias but Tony Khan really has zero clue how to make long term storylines that stick and feel major. I legitimately forgot MJF was champion. Where are the good feuds? Where are the moments? I don’t get what they’re even doing anymore. Why is Darby not a bigger deal by now? Why is Jungle Boy not a bigger deal? Why is Bryan Danielson being *censored*ing wasted? Why do Jericho relevant and a focal point in 2023? He’s not a draw. Lol Why is he a focal point? For what? Why is Moxley coasting? I can go on. I don’t get the direction of the company. And I’m not even going to be an asshole and talk viewership but they can’t even keep a steady milli. Absolutely not. I was promised this was going to be the company to rival WWE and we beat this demo and that demo and cheap heat tactics and promos later and the company isn’t where I’m sure I truly wants to be. Also where is the damn game? Less coke more booking shows better. It’s obnoxious. Thank goodness for Jade, The Acclaimed(barely) and why the *Censored* wasn’t Starks main event from jump? Just ugh. That’s what happens when you give a child keys to a *censored*ing castle. *censored*ing novice.  

The bold is the big issue with the way AEW does thing. They kept hitting fans with big signing after big signing that now that they aren't having any surprises or signings everything feels like it doesn't matter.

The problem with the booking for me is its inconsistent and they seem to not really do well with aftermath of long term booking.  The Page story to the belt is one of the top stories in modern wrestling but they had nothing planned after and it kinda puts a lame undertone on the story, same with MJF. Great build to him coming back and getting the belt but now that he has the belt he has one guy ready to wrestle in him in Danielson but after that who?

On top of that the Bucks are a dead weight on this promotion. They are really good at what they do but their presence hinders everything else in the company. When they had the tag belts the division seemed to grind to a halt, they weren't gonna lose it so the belts were kinda held hostage until they lost it than the division was able to build, and i feel its happening to the trios belts already.  Outside of the Death Triange and Elite no other teams have been built as a threat since most trios matches on TV were those two teams for two straight months. The feud is over and the Elite have no real contender.

AND the womens division is so staked but Khan has it revolving around Baker and Paige with what little time the division is actually given. 

The wild thing about the trios title, is...they have more trios that could be featured. They just...aren't.

-Dark Order

-LAX (Santana, Ortiz, Kingston)

-House of Black

-Death Triangle

Also, I would personally put Hook with Butcher and Blade. Because...NY connection, all have names that represent weapons, etc. Anyway...I think it's obvious that trios titles exist just so Elite don't need to be Tag champions...which is a blessing I guess we should all be grateful for. Otherwise...yeah. 

Archived