Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

16 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

MJF is already a main eventer what the hell lol, dude just beat arguably the companies biggest star and then stated he wants to pursue the World title.

I agree about pushing Starks. Cage seems to be on the way out though.

Kross is trash.

Lee legit just debuted last night, chill lmao

Imagine thinking Kross is trash...I can't take anything you say seriously.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.
5 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Im realizing that people who keep posting wit EC3 are all people who have questionable vax views.

I just started thinking this too lmao

Like what the *Censored* lmao

I’m not gonna lie man, I wanted EC3 to get pushed when he was in WWE, but ever since he left he’s been unrelentingly corny. 

I remember I tried to watch the free the narrative thing and gave up on it after like 20 minutes. He just tries too hard to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam Cole is so dry in AEW.  I mean the way it’s looking, even if he wins the title it just will feel meh imo. He’s fallen hard. He was better off in NXT. It’s not giving anything at all. Like, flat. Zero carb soda. Dead in a valley. Tumbleweeds. Limp dick. He is a shell of what he was on NXT. This is where I always say AEW seems to go for the blood, profanity, cheap WWE plug or reference. They have great matches on weekly television more than WWE. I won’t even cap on that part. They also have slightly better booking. I say slightly because what have they actually done with guys like Jungle Boy?Luchasaurus? Scorpio Sky? Ricky Starks should be just as pushed as MJF. It’s like they signed all these guys because it seems like the right thing to do. However your day one signees ain’t really getting the title shots and constant screen time. You’re pushing Bryan, Punk, featuring Cole(I can’t say push because it all comes off flat to me as I said before, they pushed Miro for some time. They’ve also been pushing Malakai Black since his debut. He’s been pretty solid but then compare that to Andrade. He’s in limbo just like he was in WWE. Which could be a hum thing I guess but it proves going to AEW doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to be a larger than life wrestler or significantly better off what where you were. I’m sure the creative control is a breathe if fresh air for a lot of guys who were stuck in WWE and had bad creative. My overall opinion is that I don’t think AEW makes a great product as people make it seem. They’re better than WWE in some ways but also as bad as them in other ways. ?????

Yeah, their reign has been very unremarkable. Other than the occasional Christian promo that may catch my attention, I find them very blah and uninteresting. I still want to root for Jungle Boy because I think he has something (especially when he’s against the right opponent) but most of his tag matches? Yuuuuck. 

As for Cole, I completely agree. I don’t know what it is but something is not clicking for me. The magic is missing. It’s odd.

13 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Yeah, they put some titles on them. Doesn’t change anything I said…

I mean, Jurassic Express are featured regularly, consistently get one of the loudest pops of the night and Jungle Boy is regarded by everyone and their grandmother as a huge future star. They did a pretty great job establishing him as a major babyface underdog who can comfortably fit in most places on the card. I would argue they're the biggest "home grown" talent AEW has after Hangman & MJF. So... yeah, I'm seriously wondering what you could be basing that off.

Scorpio Sky got several pushes too, challenged Jericho for the World title, won the TNT ladder match, and has had a good number of higher profile matches since teaming with Lambert and Page, but the thing that came out of all that is that Scorpio is a completely average talent. His matches are fine. His promos are... ok. He's had a platform and failed to shine bright enough to keep up when other talent did. To quote MJF, the dude is just... mid.

I do agree about Ricky Starks. Definitely someone who should be featured more, but he did have a pretty bad neck injury that sidelined him right after his blow off with Cage. It seems like they're building some momentum for him now and looks like Team Tazz will be feuding with Keith Lee coming out of the PPV so does seem like they're listening to the fanbase on that.

Guest Fight Me.

I was at the show they won the titles and I don't feel too attached to their reign at all lol I don't think it's their fault, but AEW loves booking their champions like attractions and suddenly they stop wrestling after they win the titles. It has hurt Hangman too I believe. We wanna see them wrestle!

I don’t want Buddy Matthews to be a part of Black’s group. It’s nice and all that there’s history between Black and Buddy, but the dude just does not match the group’s presentation. And screw it, I’ll even go one step further… I don’t even want the House of Black to even exist right now. Again, it’s nice that Brody has history with Black and I’m glad his presentation at least works for what this group is meant to be — but honestly, I just want Black to be a loner at this moment in time. He works better alone imo. In the future, you can do this tag team or group (except no Buddy) but not now. It’s too soon. I want Black by himself for a while.

Archived