Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt just isn’t interesting right now. Feels like he is in limbo as a character and is trying to think of the next thing to hit like Big Money or Broken. He also had a terrible group that didn’t make sense with Private Party and Butcher and Blade. Was in terrible, never ending feuds with Dark Order and Best Friends. Plus I think people feel he has hurt the Private Party act more than helped. Private Party went from up and coming over faces to a henchmen heel team with no direction.

3 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Matt just isn’t interesting right now. Feels like he is in limbo as a character and is trying to think of the next thing to hit like Big Money or Broken. He also had a terrible group that didn’t make sense with Private Party and Butcher and Blade. Was in terrible, never ending feuds with Dark Order and Best Friends. Plus I think people feel he has hurt the Private Party act more than helped. Private Party went from up and coming over faces to a henchmen heel team with no direction.

Character wise maybe, but Private Party's ring work has definitely benefited from being with Matt. I'll agree his massive stable ain't great, but I like him with Private Party (and TH2 to a certain extent).

On 1/14/2022 at 2:43 AM, Counting Lights said:

I don't really get the Matt Hardy hate if I'm honest. And it's everywhere. Here, reddit, insta. I like Matt and his spot doesn't bother me.

I don't really wanna see Jeff in AEW. His debut would be cool I'm sure, and I'd probably give him a nostalgia pop, but otherwise.... meh?

He’s boring and his association with Private Party, Butcher & Blade & TH2 all ruined them in the HFO. 

I just don’t want to see him on TV anymore. I don’t hate him, just tired of him. 

The Broken stuff was fun when he first debuted, but it got old. 

On 1/14/2022 at 1:52 PM, Counting Lights said:

Character wise maybe, but Private Party's ring work has definitely benefited from being with Matt. I'll agree his massive stable ain't great, but I like him with Private Party (and TH2 to a certain extent).

Yeah this is where we disagree, and that’s okay. 

So i don't disagree, but i don't agree. I think he looks very rehearsed. Kinda like Rousey when she had her first handful of matches but everything he does looks incredible so when hes able to blend it a bit better he will be dope. Samoa Joe should train him to be honest.

Guest Fight Me.

Dude is 4 matches into his entire career and has to learn in front of the whole world when they could easily just have him on Dark. His matches are getting repetitive but he's fine lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ruby Soho is no better in AEW than she has been in WWE. She gets more screen time and is treated like a bigger deal, but she hasn’t done much and I feel like she’s regressed in the ring. 

Her work just looks.. sloppy and off ?

Guest Fight Me.
20 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Ruby Soho is no better in AEW than she has been in WWE. She gets more screen time and is treated like a bigger deal, but she hasn’t done much and I feel like she’s regressed in the ring. 

Her work just looks.. sloppy and off ?

Is this about that Riott Kick spot last night that looked like a botch? Cause it wasn't and it was actually a callback to their last match.

5 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Is this about that Riott Kick spot last night that looked like a botch? Cause it wasn't and it was actually a callback to their last match.

I think it was a slight botch in that Nyla didn't lean back enough to make it look like she dodged. As soon as she followwed with a Swanton/Beast Bomb and a pin, I figured the missed Kick was actually the plan.

My one issue with Ruby remains her finisher. Like, c'mon girl, it's just a worse looking Pele Kick that rarely looks like it hits hard.

Adam Cole is so far just another roster member,nothing special to him when he looses to the world's weakest hug..

Oh and get Brandi of your tv,that segment was wierd and strange and everything between. She's only on tv cause Cody has stroke. She adds nothing of value..

19 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

No just in general. I just expected her run to be..better ? But she hasn’t really had any standout matches to me, but her offense herself has just not been too tier. I feel like she was better in NXT even. 

6 hours ago, Nxt2.0Fan said:

AEW's main event scene needs desperately to be retooled. Bring in Jacob Fatu and Alex Hammerstone ASAP, push Brian Cage and Ricky Starks after Starks breaks off from Team Taz, put MJF in there, use Lee as a top babyface, and sign Kross. That's a money main event scene.

MJF is already a main eventer what the hell lol, dude just beat arguably the companies biggest star and then stated he wants to pursue the World title.

I agree about pushing Starks. Cage seems to be on the way out though.

Kross is trash.

Lee legit just debuted last night, chill lmao

Archived