Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get wanting to show your appreciation towards people you greatly admire and all but for me, I feel there is a point where you could go too far in showing your admiration that it becomes a bit, idk... dorkish? lol Moxley coming out to Wild Thing is one of those examples. The leatherjacket and his old hair was one thing. But having Onita's theme song now? That's a bit much.

I think the main thing is I don’t like the song itself. It didn’t fit his energy at all really. I get it’s a classic, but I’ll take the instrumental AEW theme. 

I got used to the OC new theme though. But I feel like it fits Statlander better than OC actually. 

Idk what they do with Scorpio Sky or Ethan Page because they’re both super talented guys but I don’t care to see them hold either the World, TNT or tag titles. They both deserve better but I have no idea what. 

To me they’re absolutely at their peak rn. I think at this point they’ve finally topped their NJPW/Bullet Club run. 

Here’s another one, for the near 15 years I’ve been watching and my knowledge of previous wrestling that I’ve watched, they’re the best tag team I’ve ever seen. 

I've always liked them but can't say I'm a huge fan. They're very good but very overrated in terms of being among the very best tag teams in wrestling. They're also mediocre as characters and promos!

They are doing great with this heel run though but yeah not my favorite tag team even on AEW

i wouldn’t say they’re the best in the world but i wouldn’t argue against it either and this could be because i’m currently not all the way tapped in to the other tag teams outside of AEW and WWE. they fit my personal criteria for being the best in that they perform at a high level consistently (can’t remember a bad match) on the biggest stages, not to mention the actual spots they pull off. 

i definitely understand why they turn people off though. a lot of things about them and AEW in general are driven by their recognition of their demographic and internet discourse. they’re almost too self-aware but i think i would prefer that than them be completely clueless like Cody lol

Both are very self-important and think they’re more clever than they really are. The Bucks are working better as heels because they’re embracing their natural ability at being unlikable but their matches are still a mess to me. Their matches are so redundant, full of the same logic-defying spots, and flow horribly because they’re so needlessly excessive. They have no idea when to end a match.

Cody works better and his matches flow more naturally but how he thinks conceptually is rather poor. He likes to borrow old school ideas and put his spin on them but his spin tends to lack depth and perhaps a solid understanding of what made that original idea work in the first place. The way he applies his ideas is just so haphazard and awkward.

i like stables but i don’t like a million of them and i don’t like them too big. i was trying think of opponents for SpoilerMan and all i could come up with was Cody or Kaz. there are singles stars and potential feuds everywhere on this roster, it’s just a lot of them are locked in stables or alliances. the possibilities open right the *Censored* up as soon as they disband some of these.

if you have to have stables, i think Dark Order, Team Tazz, The Elite, Best Friends and The Pinnacle are enough. break everything else up and see how much of a difference it makes. 

i like Team Tazz but those guys should be on their own and i would replace them with The Factory minus QT who i think could be a piece of shit heel by himself. Tazz and Ogogo together sounds like money to me while Comoroto and Solow can chase tag team gold.

Ethan Page should be on his own as should Scorpio Sky who ditched SCU and turned heel just to end up in another tag team which is still funny to me even though i’ve mostly enjoyed their work.

the Nightmare Family is just a Cody support group which is clearly by design which is not helpful. i don’t even know if they’re considered a stable. i see they’re trying to get Shotty ready to breakout but it’s tough to care about any of it because they all come second to Cody and being Cody’s backup is their only identity as a group. i’ll also never forget the bad taste in my mouth when Lee got his first win and hopped on the mic and immediately gave all glory and praise to the Rhodes family. shit felt like The Blind Side. like i get it but at the same time i was like nah bro.

The newest Botchmania has someone reading an excerpt from the Buck's book...and it's hilarious how, even back in the indy days, there were crowds who were wise to their bullshit. Apparently, they complain in their book about not getting cheered in a tag tournament in PWG where they beat Omega/Chucky T and then Bryan Danielson/Roderick Strong. They write about being angry that they were booed in that tournament, like they fans were wrong for doing it...and that's hilarious to me. That's just who the Bucks have always been. They really do think they should be loved at every turn. 

It’s crazy because that’s true and I still enjoy every one lmao. I don’t know what it is about them, but I never get bored. 

I’m 100% fine with absolutely no one agreeing with me and that’s the beauty about opinions, but I’m curious as to what everyone else in here would say is the best/their favorite tag team of all time ? Especially considering that this forum didn’t grow up in the 80’s so answers should be different than the standard mainstream. 

I enjoy most Young Buck matches even if they are very similar. They are great in the ring but I feel there are others much better in the ring including their style and as a full package..they are weak in terms of characters, looks and mic work! They're still very indie and so I find them overrated and especially as a major tag team on a national pro. wrestling company that is #2 in the country 

2 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I enjoy most Young Buck matches even if they are very similar. They are great in the ring but I feel there are others much better in the ring including their style and as a full package..they are weak in terms of characters, looks and mic work! They're still very indie and so I find them overrated and especially as a major tag team on a national pro. wrestling company that is #2 in the country 

They are the most unconvincing heels right now. They looks so uncomfortable trying to be whatever it is they are trying to be. 

Archived