Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont know if its unpopular or not. Dont care. They gotta get rid of that AEW Womens belt man. Its not helping their already lame division.

You cant knock WWE for at least having all the womens belts looking equal to the mens even if its lazy in design.

I like the small women's belt. It's a throwback. My favorite women's title right now is the NWA one...but the AEW one is probably a close second for appearance. The women's belt definitely doesn't need to be overbearing in design, just because "the women are equal", tbh. It has a nice aesthetic in being small.

So I've been watching AEW, so I don't be bias without at least watching. Forgive me if these are not unpopular, I don't keep up enough.

Things I've noticed:

• I hate the AEW womens title, I don't think it's because it's small but the shape of the middle plate is just ugh. 
  • I don't find Young Bucks that exciting.
  • I think Adam Page will be the face of the company one day.
  • I feel fans ruin the experience for new viewers. I feel like a new viewer can't watch and form opinions or who they like without AEW fans shoving their opinions down someones throat.

13 hours ago, Ernez said:

So I've been watching AEW, so I don't be bias without at least watching. Forgive me if these are not unpopular, I don't keep up enough.

Things I've noticed:

• I hate the AEW womens title, I don't think it's because it's small but the shape of the middle plate is just ugh. 
  • I don't find Young Bucks that exciting.
  • I think Adam Page will be the face of the company one day.
  • I feel fans ruin the experience for new viewers. I feel like a new viewer can't watch and form opinions or who they like without AEW fans shoving their opinions down someones throat.

I think people only will disagree with 2 and 4. I think I remember people liking the look of the women's title. I barely remember what any of the titles besides the world title in AEW look like. The young bucks are my second least favorite team just in front of the best friends. I think at the start of AEW maybe #3 would have been unpopular, but now it could be possible. I think 4 may apply to all wrestling fans

On 3/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, X-zero said:

I think people only will disagree with 2 and 4. I think I remember people liking the look of the women's title. I barely remember what any of the titles besides the world title in AEW look like. The young bucks are my second least favorite team just in front of the best friends. I think at the start of AEW maybe #3 would have been unpopular, but now it could be possible. I think 4 may apply to all wrestling fans

Thanks for taking the time to say this, very interesting. 

• 2 months later...

I don't think Kenny is bad now, but he has drifted into this weird support role. Neither his character and matches are benefiting him, so much as they almost serve Hangman's character. I think he needs the right feud to bring him back to a high level, which tbh, his eventual breakup with Hangman might bring. That breakup needs to shatter him a bit, as his former characters were always at their best when he was a little unhinged.

I think it's more about the booking then Kenny. There  were Obvious storylines and things they could have done, but they have a great patience so not to burn through matches. And if they have contract players, why should they be in a rush to make Kenny the Golden boy?. Let the burn do so slowly and the pay off will be that much better. with that said though I cannot deny the booking of the Elite has been awkward at times but if it's the cost of making sure others get the spotight and create future stars, I not only understand, I applaud it.

I think part of the problem is (I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here) they shouldn't be babyfaces. They're incredibly self indulgent and snarky, absolute heels; albeit likeable heels. Portaying the Young Bucks as anything other that irritable pr**ks is a disservice. Same goes for Omega, he comes across as a utter wetwipe as a good guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived