Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

Jim Ross needs to retired. Dude sounds like he does not give any *censored*s.

Never made sense to hire him in the first place. He's a guy that hates the state of modern wrestling and the style that most of the guys on the roster do. Plus he just doesn't have the energy for it anymore. Why would you hire someone like that? Even if it's just for name recognition, it's not worth it, because he just drags the show down with his apathy for everything

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is that he was calling Jungle Boy "Jungle Jack"...which I wouldn't call "wrong"...so much as putting his own twist or nickname on the character. We know his name is Jack Perry. They openly address that he is the son of Luke Perry. It doesn't damage his gimmick or reputation to call him Jungle Jack. So...meh. If that is the so called "wrong name"...then there's some serious straws being grasped at.

• 1 month later...

I don't think he's as bad as you're saying, be he's absolutely slowed down. I think it's due to the weight he put on for his character. I'd definitely rather see Jericho lose a few pounds and go at 100% for the rest of his run, as I have to believe this is probably the last full time run of his career.

Guest Fight Me.

I don't think he put on weight on purpose, i think he just loves booze.

He says he did, says he wanted to be a big, scary American type like Bruiser Brody when he was in Japan.

I don't think he's as bad as you're saying, be he's absolutely slowed down. I think it's due to the weight he put on for his character. I'd definitely rather see Jericho lose a few pounds and go at 100% for the rest of his run, as I have to believe this is probably the last full time run of his career.

To you.

To you.

....Yes? Or I wouldn't have written it.

Yeah, Counting Lights was just providing a counterpoint. That's how argumentive discussions like this thread work.

Anyway, his match with Jungle Boy I thought was good and well-worked. That's the kind of match I think he excels at now. Matches that have a clear premise and are heavy on psychology. He's still exceptionally good at working a crowd and getting the story of the match across.

Archived