Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

I feel they should just be an entirely new group when they eventually implode. The Inner circle is Jericho's vanity project. He arrogantly created this inner circle of allies to surround him and serve his interests. Their main purpose is to support and protect Jericho, so the whole dynamic of the group would change without Jericho being at its center. It would effectively be a different group.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want The Inner Circle to eventually become an all latino faction. They already have Ortiz and Santana as the tag team and Sammy Guevara as the lightweight mid carder with Hagar and Jericho being the only white guys.

Hagar and Jericho can be replaced by an Hernandez type and become the new leader while adding a latina for the women's division.

Hernandez did lead a stable like that in TNA and most people hated it.

How is Sammy Guevara not white? Lmao

He's lighter than Jericho and Hager

man you're stupid......

Shut up. Hes not wrong.

If Im honest, if commentary didnt keep saying Spanish God (even though he isnt Spanish) I would never have placed him as a Latino. He looks like a prep school kid who tries to be cool, and hipster.

And if I didnt know his surname.

this isnt exclusive to AEW at all but i really dislike rail barricades man. AEW, New Japan, pretty much everywhere but main roster WWE has them which leads me to believe that solid, padded barricades are really expensive but i wish more companies used them. i always cringe when somebody gets whipped into the railing and it seemingly smashes the fans legs. i never see or hear fans complain about it so i guess it is just me.

this isnt exclusive to AEW at all but i really dislike rail barricades man. AEW, New Japan, pretty much everywhere but main roster WWE has them which leads me to believe that solid, padded barricades are really expensive but i wish more companies used them. i always cringe when somebody gets whipped into the railing and it seemingly smashes the fans legs. i never see or hear fans complain about it so i guess it is just me.

It is probably because the sound they make on impact. Most fans on the front row knows it may happen and probably don't care. It is only an issue when some not as big of fans in up with front row tickets by some means like contest winners, girlfriend/boyfriend of wrestling fan, or etc.They might not be ok with taking a hit like that and may sue.

I like the aesthetic of it personally, but I never really thought about it like that lol

yeah i get that. it does give that gritty kinda feel but NXT has em and they rarely, if ever, do barricade spots so i dont mind it as much there i guess.

It is probably because the sound they make on impact. Most fans on the front row knows it may happen and probably don't care. It is only an issue when some not as big of fans in up with front row tickets by some means like contest winners, girlfriend/boyfriend of wrestling fan, or etc.They might not be ok with taking a hit like that and may sue.

yeah the sound is a good point but im speaking as a tall dude with garbage knees. i always imagine that if im front row, i know my knees will already be pushing firmly against the railing so having a 200+ lbs dude hit it full speed would probably make me cry the rest of the night. but on the flipside i guess it would be my fault for getting those seats when i know the risks.

They're asking for a lawsuit with the way they throw people into them. Someone will get hurt at some point.

Definitely. Between the guys hitting the barricades with the same intensity as they hit the ropes and the dives that can often end up with someone going into the crowd, it's a when not an if. Cornette has brought up that point on more than one occasion that it happens on indie shows all the time and fans get some tickets and a shirt and it's cool, but when you've got a millionaire running a company it changes everything.

For the same reason why not every event has the crowd setup the way NJPW has it at the Tokyo Dome, which has a bigger space between crowd and Ring. It's an asthetic choice.

Is there a risk? Yeah. But that's a result of a wrestling show. WWE's set up doesn't prevent the barricades from being moved with every Suicide Dive

Aesthetic choice? NXT is as gritty if not grittier than AEW and you don’t see their barricades move like that. What’s more, you don’t put an “aesthetic choice” above the safety of your audience. Your fans shouldn’t risk getting their knees banged or mouth smashed.

When was the last time WWE’s barricades were pushed far back with such force like AEW’s does on a consistent basis?

Yeah, barricades moving around with a lot of force. Youll see that happen most often in indies/small promotions that have no money and fans willing to forgive with just a shirt. But a mainstream promotion backed by a multi-millionaire? Will the fan be so forgiving for so little in return?

Youre playing with fire is what Im saying. So you minimize the risk. Its not difficult and it wont affect your presentation.

Archived