Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emi Sakura should drop the Freddie Mercury schtick.

Its really stupid and her attire is bad. Its fine if she was a comedy character, but coming out with a fake mustache and mic stand before your first ever title match isnt a good look IMO. I wonder what new fans thought of seeing it for the first time lol

Dont even know what it sounds like tbh. The only ones I really remember are like Rihos, Lucha Bros, P&P, Cody & Jericho. Every other theme is either not memorable or too low for me to hear. I remember EJ saying it once, but they need to turn up the volume of themes.

Said it before...but, AEW should stop using blatantly gimmicked weapons...

Full Gear:

It's one thing to use some breakaway pieces or elements that alleviate damage. But, that "barbed wire" net, for example...or the "glass" they used on Full Gear...I can't enjoy matches with weapons like that. It's too obvious that they aren't real. I mean...it's a relief that the performers aren't actually being ripped to shreds...but we know what real glass and real barbed wire do to human bodies...and when you don't have that, it really hurts the match, IMO. There's no need for it.

The only damage to Mox and Kenny was from the original barbed wire on the bat and broom. They sold the barbed wire net really well...but we've seen spots like that with guys like Terry Funk and Sabu. We know what that looks like for real. That spot was some straight rubber, IMO...and the glass was sugar. It feels real for the split second that the impact occurs...but immediately after, I feel that it detracts from the immersion. I mean...your balls shoot into your stomach at the exact moment that the two of them fall onto the net. You can't deny that. It hurts to watch, because you expect it to be real wire. But when they climb out with no new damage...that doesn't look good for what it's meant to be. Spot would have been a success if they left them "stuck" there and ended the match in a draw...but that was the only way.

Dont even know what it sounds like tbh. The only ones I really remember are like Rihos, Lucha Bros, P&P, Cody & Jericho. Every other theme is either not memorable or too low for me to hear. I remember EJ saying it once, but they need to turn up the volume of themes.

yippie yo yippie yo yippie yo yeah! yippie yo yippie yo yippie yo yeah yeah! JUDAS IN, JUDAS IN MY MIND!

that shit so hard

I feel like they boosted the volume of half the themes, but the other half are quiet af.

I like Kenny's theme, and Mox's is basically a ripoff Black Sheep by Saliva, which I dig. Lucha Bros is shit, just repeats the same couple lines for a while, and they're ridiculously generic dialog.

Also for entrances, I really dislike how they're doing pyro. It has no personality. Like, it seems like they have four kinds of pyro, and they just rotate how much of which kind everyone gets. They also don't really fit well for some people.

Like, the fire is great for Lucha Bros, the missiles work for Kenny, and of course the cash is great for the Bucks. But like, Cody and Jericho just sorta got a barrage of everything.

If there's one thing WWE does great, they make everyone's pyro really unique, and I wanna see AEW follow suite.

yippie yo yippie yo yippie yo yeah! yippie yo yippie yo yippie yo yeah yeah! JUDAS IN, JUDAS IN MY MIND!

that shit so hard

I've become, I've become, I'm becoming.

Fozzy are *censored*ing terrible, but I never thought those words were hard to hear.

And as for pyro, I agree that they don't know what they're doing with it. Then again, the company is still in its rookie year, and these are the type of kinks to work out.

oh i know im wrong on the lyrics but i didnt mean hard as in it was hard to hear. hard is American slang for good, dope, fire, amazing, etc. yeah Fozzy is dookie but i love the hell out this song, i just freestyle the lyrics (other than JUDAS IN, JUDAS IN MY MIND) because i havent really sat down to listen to it outside the context of Jerichos entrance. same thing with Codys theme.

yeah i hate that a lot of pyro just feels random. nobody has any cues, it just comes out. PACs just happens when he walks to the ring.

Speaking of cues, Hangman had a great cue with his gun point on stage, and then the mfer stopped doing it until he got to the ring, which makes his pyro random as hell too.

I want The Inner Circle to eventually become an all latino faction. They already have Ortiz and Santana as the tag team and Sammy Guevara as the lightweight mid carder with Hagar and Jericho being the only white guys.

Hagar and Jericho can be replaced by an Hernandez type and become the new leader while adding a latina for the women's division.

a lot of Cubans and Puerto Ricans are fair skinned like Sammy. theyre light but dont really look caucasian. pretty interesting. kinda like the Indians who are darker than a lot of black people but clearly dont look black.

Don't mix up Ethnicity with skin color. Most Hispanic people are white

wait but you just said Sammy was lighter than Hager and Jericho. were you not talking about skin color?

I was, precisely by mentioning it. But he was called not being white before, because he's Hispanic, which is what I'm getting at. They're not tied together

How is Sammy Guevara not white? Lmao

He's lighter than Jericho and Hager

I wasn't talking about skin color. Sammy is hispanic

You singled out Hager and Jericho out for being white guys^^

maybe its different over there, but the Latin people on this side dont identify as white nor are they considered white by others. Cain Velasquez has a Brown Pride tattoo and I can all but guarantee it isnt because of his skin color.

Mainly because labels such as "white" and "black" have been used interchangably for ethnicity (with the reason being obvious) for a long time in the US. Internationally that's not much the case. Most people won't even mention their skin color, unless the conext calls for it. Because terms such as "Latino", "Scandinavian" or even something like "British" are more specific and narrow the group of people included down better.

Tbf...It's kinda a pet peeve of mine, because I was born in Africa and most people seem to think that the whole continent has the same ethnicity, even though the continent is as diversed as humans can get.

TL;DR If the color of your skin isn't inherently part of your identity, skin color doesn't really say much about ethnicity

Archived