Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britt Baker is kinda shit too. She just so many different moves, but nearly botches all of them and they end up looking like shit. She needs to find a few things she can do well and stick with them.

The entire women's division is piss poor, IMO.

Awesome Kong should have been the first champion...and she could have carried the division during these early months where it's obvious that it needs a lot of work. Again...the stink of nepotism seems ever present in AEW. Riho is okay. But, giving Riho the belt just because she was Kenny's favorite was a questionable direction. She isn't going to carry that division while they need it most.

You could have started with Awesome Kong as the champ, then done Awesome Kong vs Nyla Rose feud, and Awesome Kong vs Aja Kong feud. I think it goes without saying that "Kong vs Kong" looks amazing on paper and would draw views. Also, it would have been instantly different from WWE...because WWE doesn't really have any "big lady" feuds. They have Nia Jax, but no one her same size to feud with. I'd love for AEW to make that the focus of their women's division (heavyweight ladies).

Time will tell...but, in large, Mox is the same dude he was in WWE. Not much has changed, except that he gets to play "backyard wrestler" again. His actual wrestling style and personality are exactly the same. Take away the ability to bleed freely and use weapons in matches, and he's the same boring dude. He hasn't put any effort into being something new.

Time will tell...but, in large, Mox is the same dude he was in WWE. Not much has changed, except that he gets to play "backyard wrestler" again. His actual wrestling style and personality are exactly the same. Take away the ability to bleed freely and use weapons in matches, and he's the same boring dude. He hasn't put any effort into being something new.

Dude killed it in the G1.

Dude killed it in the G1.

big facts. that was enough to show me he was being severely held back in WWE.

Mox's finisher sucks. I'd rather he use the Knee Trembler/Regal Stretch than that sloppy ass Double Arm DDT. Anything that's more brutal and vicious looking.

Both Dirty Deeds V.2 and the Death Rider? The Death Rider looks a lot better than his Dirty Deeds V.2. Personally I wished he keep the original Dirty Deeds (Snapmare Driver)

Mox's finisher sucks. I'd rather he use the Knee Trembler/Regal Stretch than that sloppy ass Double Arm DDT. Anything that's more brutal and vicious looking.

Both Dirty Deeds V.2 and the Death Rider? The Death Rider looks a lot better than his Dirty Deeds V.2. Personally I wished he keep the original Dirty Deeds (Snapmare Driver)

Yeah I don't like either. I think McIntyre ruined the Double Arm DDT for me, because his is top notch and no one else seems to ever come close to the Future Shock (I know the Death Rider is a lift not a snap, but I still think it looks pretty bad). I liked the Headlock Driver he used too, but I really want him to use something completely different to match his attitude.

I think too many people do the knee trembler for his to look much different. I know its slightly different, but does he really wanna do a move similar to the V-Trigger?

Is the Paradigm Shift or the Death Rider the Dirty Deeds where he lifts them? The sort of impaler double underhook ddt. That suits him just fine.

I have figured out my problem with Britt Baker. I think shes a solid talent with good potential, but when she wrestles she looks like shes trying too many moves for the first time. She looks like a person playing modern wrestler like an Adam Cole or Gargano or Pentagon, except she isnt quite good enough. Just yet anyway. Shes more of a Bella than a Tessa atm, but she seems like shes trying too hard to be the latter.

She can only get better though.

Oddly enough I was thinking about them as singles wrestlers earlier. Feels like for the longest time when they broke into the US it was near impossible to see them team together and now it's rare to see them apart. I hope they do go their own way eventually. They're a bit of an odd fit if you look at them. Like Gens said, Fenix could be the next Rey and Penta is a dark heel type. If they weren't brothers it would be a real head scratcher as to why they were together lol.

I'd love to see a mask match between/involving them some day. Don't know how they'd feel about unmasking one another though or if they'd want to do that outside of their native country

So, the problem with that is Pentagon Jr isn't a very good wrestler. He was amazing in Lucha Underground where a ton was going on and his matches weren't that long but the more matches i seen with him outside of LU the more i noticed he looks lost alot and does a *Censored* ton of Cero Merdo taunts in singles matches where in tag matches he does the same thing but Fenix is usually doing shit to kinda mask it.

I have a feeling Christopher Daniels is gonna come back jealous and cost SCU the belts, thus starting a feud that will sadly be the parts I skip on Dynamite, AEW has been pretty good at making me care about things but I just have so little interest in SCU. Like so many ROH and ROH Alumni, They got the gimmick as far as it was gonna go, they should have changed up long ago.

I have a idea of where something is going and said how I'd skip such thing because of those involved...because I am talking about wrestling, like everyone here. Calm down please. I'm allowed to have a opinion on a forum, That's what forums are for.

Archived