Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

Brandon Cutler seems like a really great guy from what I've seen in interviews and stuff but not feeling him as a wrestler from what I've seen on youtube and the All In battle royal (can't remember if he's had matches on the other shows).

Hopefully he gets some good character development on tv besides him being a family man and young buck's best friend since childhood

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took me a while to realize it's going to be "Dynamite on TNT".... which is just... dude...

------------------------------

Cody can be super cringey (unpopular?).

Especially with his tweenish persona. Like, he is trying to be a cool boss of AEW, but at the same time not? And so smug about being "the alternative"... I don't know, but it's just so off putting. I used to like him much more, but they way he is handling some things with AEW turns me away from him. Especially when he did that jab with him destroying the throne while constantly saying how they "don't care about WWE"...

Oh...I have another unpopular opinion after the debut show. I waited on it after All Out, because I thought it might be a one-time thing...but, I think AEW should stop using so many obviously gimmicked weapons.

First, it was the cracker barrel that looked to be made of foam. And...last night, it was the glass table that was obviously sugar glass or something.

For a guy like Mox to agree to that, seems kind of disrespectful to those who do it for real. Especially when it could have been safely done with a real glass table...you just need the tempered glass that breaks into little pieces like a car window. The fact that the thing smashed into huge jagged pieces, and nobody was bleeding (or dead for that matter) just made the whole thing seem incredibly fake to me and kinda took me out of the moment. Like...it looked and sounded cool when it happened, but, the immediate sense of "those guys would be sliced all the way to their vital organs if that was real glass" set it pretty quickly...which ruined it.

Oh...I have another unpopular opinion after the debut show. I waited on it after All Out, because I thought it might be a one-time thing...but, I think AEW should stop using so many obviously gimmicked weapons.

First, it was the cracker barrel that looked to be made of foam. And...last night, it was the glass table that was obviously sugar glass or something.

For a guy like Mox to agree to that, seems kind of disrespectful to those who do it for real. Especially when it could have been safely done with a real glass table...you just need the tempered glass that breaks into little pieces like a car window. The fact that the thing smashed into huge jagged pieces, and nobody was bleeding (or dead for that matter) just made the whole thing seem incredibly fake to me and kinda took me out of the moment. Like...it looked and sounded cool when it happened, but, the immediate sense of "those guys would be sliced all the way to their vital organs if that was real glass" set it pretty quickly...which ruined it.

Meh, them using safer alternatives doesn't bother me. If anything, I'd think more people should follow suite.

The problem with Judas Effect, is that Jericho is old and slow...and the strike completely lacks the impact it actually needs. And he's usually looking over his shoulder to see if he's even lined up right. :lol: I mean...Aliester Black did a spinning back elbow on Raw last night, and it was literally the same move...but it looked a million times cleaner than when Jericho did it...and he didn't finish the match with it, he applied the dragon sleeper after the elbow.

When Jericho does the move, it's less of a spinning impact, and more of him turning around and letting his opponent run into the back of his arm...which is not how a spinning elbow works. Lol.

Archived