Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

As a person who saw the first five star match and the rest AEW. I don't see main eventer in Omega. He definitely not a jobber in my eyes either. I think he would fit well in a mid card area more so due to his personality because he never seems serious. No matter what he says it sounds like he is just joking around.

And what is wrong with that?

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a person who saw the first five star match and the rest AEW. I don't see main eventer in Omega. He definitely not a jobber in my eyes either. I think he would fit well in a mid card area more so due to his personality because he never seems serious. No matter what he says it sounds like he is just joking around.

Lack of character depth. Some feuds you want a little hatred between your opponents and don't feel he can give that. I will give him a chance to prove me wrong.

No matter what he says it sounds like he is just joking around.

You mean like...The Rock?

Rock only joked around some of the time. He was serious when he needed to be. And I won't count the trash talking as joking around.

Lack of character depth. Some feuds you want a little hatred between your opponents and don't feel he can give that. I will give him a chance to prove me wrong.

Rock only joked around some of the time. He was serious when he needed to be. And I won't count the trash talking as joking around.

Some of the time? The Rock joked around all the time.

Just because YOU don't see main eventer in him, doesn't mean he isn't. Objectively he is, has been, and will continue to be.

Remember Kurt Angle? He was a goof during his first few years.

In fairness Kenny is 17+ years into his career at this point whereas Kurt was learning as he was going.

I've never been able to take Kenny seriously though personally. Everything about him is just so goofy to me. Talented in the ring, but I can't stand watching him lmao

In fairness Kenny is 17+ years into his career at this point whereas Kurt was learning as he was going.

I've never been able to take Kenny seriously though personally. Everything about him is just so goofy to me. Talented in the ring, but I can't stand watching him lmao

You think being a goof is negative trait by default. it's not. Kurt Angle was world class, even when he was a goof. Hell...Chris Jericho is an absolute goof. And so was HBK after his first return. Mick Foley as soon as Mankind became a face. The New Day was already named before, but they're a valid point, as one of the most successfull acts in modern day WWE. Danniel Bryan in the WWE has also always been a goof, until his most recent heel turn.

And don't get me started on pre-AE WWE & WCW.

"I'm not gonna count the thing that disproves my argument as a valid point." C'mon man.

I'm late to the party here, but there's nothing wrong with Kenny's aloof attitude. Dude is literally called the "Best Bout Machine" and coming off a run of being considered the best wrestler in the world. If the guy DIDN'T act like he didn't take anyone seriously, that would be against his character. Even so, it looks as though the first Omega storyline we're getting in AEW is exactly that, Kenny getting overconfident, too cocky and too aloof, which is causing his performance to dip.

You think being a goof is negative trait by default. it's not. Kurt Angle was world class, even when he was a goof. Hell...Chris Jericho is an absolute goof. And so was HBK after his first return. Mick Foley as soon as Mankind became a face. The New Day was already named before, but they're a valid point, as one of the most successfull acts in modern day WWE. Danniel Bryan in the WWE has also always been a goof, until his most recent heel turn.

And don't get me started on pre-AE WWE & WCW.

Being goofy isn't a bad trait, I just find Kenny himself goofy in a bad way. The promos I've heard sound like he's V/Oing an anime character and it's kind of cringe to listen to and some of his body language feels the same. Even when he's being serious, he comes across as goofy to me

the only thing i dont like about MJF and i know its stupid but its the way he wears his gear and literally all I want him to do is just lose the elbow pad and then connect his kneepads to his boots. i would have zero complaints. i used to hate his trunks but im watching MLW right now and theyre much better. i dont know what it is because i never really have a problem with skin showing between the kneepad and boots on other people, its just with him for some reason.

know what? as im watching, yeah i just need the elbow pad gone.

also, i hate Jimmy Havoc and i dont know why

TBH, my main problem with MJF is that he looks like a total Alberto Del Rio knockoff, from the hairstyle, to the scarf, to the gear.

how did that never cross my mind before now? wow now i cant unsee it. Albert of the River.

I'm not a big Havok fan...but, he's okay by me.

I like Darby Allin a lot.

Allin > Havok > Janela

I think it's because he seems the most nonchalant about being reckless and violent. Like...Havok and Janela both have this "whoa...I'm crazy!" shtick going on. Darby is just genuinely "off". He doesn't need to staple cigarettes to people, or give people paper cuts in the corners of their mouths. He just says "I'ma throw my entire corpse at you now, and bounce off the floor like a *censored*ing sack of flour." :lol:

Archived