Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pray to god we dont get the AEW game on the AKI engine. Id much rather a more refined version of the only TNA Impact game with better controls, a more diverse move set, creation suite etc.

Really? i daydream about a modernized and upgraded AKI engine all the time. their games were ahead of their time, especially Virtua Pro Wrestling. what did you like so much about the Midway engine?

I pray to god we dont get the AEW game on the AKI engine. Id much rather a more refined version of the only TNA Impact game with better controls, a more diverse move set, creation suite etc.

Really? i daydream about a modernized and upgraded AKI engine all the time. their games were ahead of their time, especially Virtua Pro Wrestling. what did you like so much about the Midway engine?

If was just fun. There wasnt much substance behind it but it had massive potential. Felt like a beta tbh. The mocap was fluid, some of the ring collisions and interactions with the environment. I just wish it had more. Like I said, the movesets were terrible and overall the game was more bad than good, but I think it had a solid building block.

Im gonna go play it right now on my PS2 emulator.

Heroes Del Ring and TNA had good gameplay but was just so bare bones/limited

Yeah...the Impact game was actually really cool for what it was...but I remember everyone having the same exact moves, which is what killed it. Literally, if they had added maybe 20 or 30 more moves total, and given people more exclusive moves, it could have gone from a forgettable game to at least being a solid 7/10.

I still say that the best direction for a wrestling game these days, would be for all the major (non WWE) promotions to contribute individual DLC to a single base game. That would be an unstoppable juggernaut of a wrestling game. People would gladly pay $30+ for each promotion's offering. I know I would. But, the base game would need to be good. If someone could make a great wrestling game with no big properties in the main thing, and then convince all the major players to sign on...that would really be something. If it got mainstream enough, maybe WWE would even buy in. It's the only way we'd ever get a "legitimate" cross-promotion game.

I think the Impact/Heroes Del Ring engine is best suited for fast-paced arcadey style games. Case in point: WWE All-Stars. Judging by their willingness to bring back the AKI engine, it doesnt seem like thats the direction they wanna go in. Plus I really cant imagine that Impact engine being used for a sim style game, not saying its impossible but I just cant see it.

As for the DLC idea, I like it but I wouldnt expect AEW to do it. Im thinking whenever they lock down a developer, AEW is going to want to make a strictly AEW game. If they do somehow get SynSophia to find that engine or rebuild it, then I would look at Yukes being the guys to make that cross-promotion wrestling game.

Damn the thought of having three new wrestling games at any point in time is really exciting.

I think the Impact/Heroes Del Ring engine is best suited for fast-paced arcadey style games. Case in point: WWE All-Stars. Judging by their willingness to bring back the AKI engine, it doesnt seem like thats the direction they wanna go in. Plus I really cant imagine that Impact engine being used for a sim style game, not saying its impossible but I just cant see it.

As for the DLC idea, I like it but I wouldnt expect AEW to do it. Im thinking whenever they lock down a developer, AEW is going to want to make a strictly AEW game. If they do somehow get SynSophia to find that engine or rebuild it, then I would look at Yukes being the guys to make that cross-promotion wrestling game.

Damn the thought of having three new wrestling games at any point in time is really exciting.

Yeah I too expect an AEW game to be a strictly AEW game. Exception being maybe some content from their partner promotions as some degree of fluff.

I hope if/when they make a video game they make a proper sim style game. Similar to WWE2K but with vast improvements. Somewhat terrified I'll spend all this time getting excited for an alternative wrestling game and it end up being something like Fire Pro (Which I don't care for at all myself)

tbh, "Dynamite" really sucks tough.

When I posted in unpopular about their outdated "visual identity", someone said that outdated isn't necesseraly bad. Well I didn't retort then, so...

Yeah, I don't know. I'm interested in some of their wrestling, but like... I can't buy that you are some progressive/alternative promotion with stuff like that. I mean, they've not even started I know, but from their presentation so far... I really feel like they are missing some identity.

That bothers me subjectivly of course, and I'm not some busines guru... but I do think they are making some moves that could potentialy bite them back.

Feels weird.

Unpopular opinion:

In the eyes of those who've only seen the aew shows, Kenny Omega is a jobber..

Yup, the guy who goes out and has huge competitive matches, losing only to two of the biggest names in the company all while being incredibly heavily promoted, is on the same level as, say, EC3 or The Ascension. 10/10 opinion.

Unpopular opinion:

In the eyes of those who've only seen the aew shows, Kenny Omega is a jobber..

You're not very smart, are you?

Unless you are one of those people who have only seen Kenny in AEW, you cannot possibly talk for them and say what they see. That's arrogant af

Its aint even started yet

So were gonna act like their havent been 4 PPVs before the weekly show has started to base an opinion on something? Thats like 20 hours worth of content..

Regardless, Im not an AEW downer or anything. Just saying my interest in NXT has been higher than that of AEW lately. And I thought it wouldve been the other way around.

I like AEW so far and all their PPVs, just concerned about whos gonna be gunning for the title in the main event scene and the womens division hasnt really interested me at all. Meanwhile theres a bunch of guys in NXT Im ready to see carry the crown.

2019 (almost 2020)...and people are still out here acting like losing a main-event-caliber match or two makes someone a jobber. I wonder how many times it needs to be hammered into some people's minds before they understand what a jobber actually is.

I guess the confusion stems from "doing the job"...which is something that anyone can do at any time. But a "jobber" is something else entirely. It's like the difference between "washing the dishes" and "being a dishwasher".

"Kenny Omega washed the dishes twice."

"Kenny Omega is a *censored*ing dishwasher."

Are we seeing the difference?

Even if AEW was all that you knew Kenny from, you would have sense enough to say "this guy is clearly exceptionally talented, and will be winning matches in the near future". You would never think he was a useless jobber just because you had only witnessed him losing.

As a person who saw the first five star match and the rest AEW. I don't see main eventer in Omega. He definitely not a jobber in my eyes either. I think he would fit well in a mid card area more so due to his personality because he never seems serious. No matter what he says it sounds like he is just joking around.

Archived