Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glennsoe, I bet you would like that

Why is that?

Isn't this the unpopular section ?

I want them to stick around for a long time, but if theire going into the tv market thinking that theire "loyal fans" are gonna save them, they're screwed.

The tv market is a brutal scene, and they could get cancelled quick if they don't bring in more than theire "youtube and loyal fans"..

I like AEW, just hope they'd hire a pr/media spokesperson - too many chefs nowadays....

Cody saying that AEW doesn't need "casual fans" is sooo gonna come back and bite him in the behind...

Cody talks out his ass a lot. Sometimes I really wish Dusty was still here to give him help along the way.

If there are no casual fans, how does the promotion succeed, or even grow long-term? Is AEW just existing to cater to the same 1-2 million fans forever? Currently I feel like a fair percentage of their fanbase are what we'd consider "casual" fans of the product, checking it out to see what it's all about. You'd have to think that a lot of those are also teens who were too young to have experienced the MNW era who are about to experience a true alternative to WWE for the first time.

Casual Fans are casual fans. Nobody wants casual fans. Everyone wants Hardcore fans that stick with the company through highs and lows and buys merch and generally spends money on the company.

Casual fans aren't profitable. Because that's how you get the guest host era or Robocop in WCW or Hulk Hogan selling for Jay Leno

But how many are hardcore fans?

If we go by the hard numbers;

AEW's Twitter account has 384 000 followers

AEW's youtube Chanel has 401 000 followers

One of theire ppv's had rapportedly 100 000 buys (which is impressive, but it also means that only 1 in 4 of theire hardcore fans bought it)

If Cody or the fans still think they don't need the casual/chanel surfing used to be fans then the tv show will be of the air before christmas.

glennsoe, I bet you would like that

Why is that?

Isn't this the unpopular section ?

I want them to stick around for a long time, but if theire going into the tv market thinking that theire "loyal fans" are gonna save them, they're screwed.

The tv market is a brutal scene, and they could get cancelled quick if they don't bring in more than theire "youtube and loyal fans"..

I like AEW, just hope they'd hire a pr/media spokesperson - too many chefs nowadays....

Because you shit on these guys all the time. I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive.

Stop focusing on the business side of things and (to quote Bully Ray), go be a *censored*ing fan.

I like more wrestlers in aew than I do in wwe so I'm not all negative but without the business side there won't be a aew on tv.

The key moment for aew are weeks 4-6 on tv,by then the audience have setled and the next tv chapter can be written.

Cody sometimes says things just to make their fanbase happy. The original goal of AEW never seemed to be a war that was someone fans just wanted to happen. They seem just to want something that didn't feel small time that was different from a WWE product.

So that statement probably means we aren't going to try to steal fans which WWE has a strong lock on already, but appeal mainly to people who could or use to be wrestling fans but don't like WWE.

Casual Fans are casual fans. Nobody wants casual fans. Everyone wants Hardcore fans that stick with the company through highs and lows and buys merch and generally spends money on the company.

Casual fans aren't profitable. Because that's how you get the guest host era or Robocop in WCW or Hulk Hogan selling for Jay Leno

The scenarios you mentioned IMO all arose because the promotion put more value in the casuals/obtaining more casuals than catering to their lifelong fans. Casual fans can definitely be profitable. The live music industry is a great example of that. I myself haven't watched WWE consistently for over a decade and I still spend $200+ on them every year between the Network, video games and other purchases.

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I really don't like AEWs visual identity and presentation. And it really puts me off for some reason. Everything seems soooo outdated and just bland. It reminds me of WCW mixed with TNA when they adopted the six sided ring.

Even when I first saw those tubes, oh God. I like the concept with heels and faces having different entrances but that tube shit is like from another century.

I was hoping AEW would have different stage every show :(

I love the tunnels! Just wish we got something else than the chandelier.

Give it time. Its more than good for the 4 shows they have done so far. They are still in a building phase.

Archived