Unpopular AEW Opinions

Oresama

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hebner was never great? What does that even...naw. lol

A referee's job is it to be as invisible as possible. Hebner always stood out. He always became part of the match. To the point of getting physical with the wrestlers. Like kicking the arm of a wrestler who holds onto the ropes. Or shoving back Triple H in a match. There is tons of that stuff all throughout his career.

Someone just watched the recent OSW episode.

Hebner was never great? What does that even...naw. lol

A referee's job is it to be as invisible as possible. Hebner always stood out. He always became part of the match. To the point of getting physical with the wrestlers. Like kicking the arm of a wrestler who holds onto the ropes. Or shoving back Triple H in a match. There is tons of that stuff all throughout his career.

Someone just watched the recent OSW episode.

*sweats buckets*

Nooooo. I am capable of thinking for myself. Totally :angel:

I will say AEW tag division is one of the best right now, but the women's division is one of the worst.

And if Omega was booked the way he has been so far in AEW in WWE instead he would be claimed as getting buried. I know he is 50/50 but he lost to two main eventer level talents. And won a 6 man tag and to a person who may be a low main eventer or upper midcarder in AEW. And since he is using the best bout machine moniker he essentially their Dolph Ziggler.

I will say AEW tag division is one of the best right now, but the women's division is one of the worst.

And if Omega was booked the way he has been so far in AEW in WWE instead he would be claimed as getting buried. I know he is 50/50 but he lost to two main eventer level talents. And won a 6 man tag and to a person who may be a low main eventer or upper midcarder in AEW. And since he is using the best bout machine moniker he essentially their Dolph Ziggler.

yikes man this is a WILD take

Here's what makes it less of a burial though - per commentary, this is Kenny's character. He "left his heart in Japan" and hasn't been the same since leaving. I'm thinking it leads to a massive heel turn where he blames his lackluster AEW success on The Bucks and Cody, maybe even have him be like "I was offered major money to go to WWE or stay in Japan, but no, I came here for you, and look where that got me!"

I am sure it will change eventually, but just my thoughts of him right now. And the whole heart not in it could be a thing. His entrance video could reflect him feeling lost since he is walking a lot through a crowd looking sad. I don't think he could use the money thing though since he is a VP in the company

Probably not unpopular but Joey Janela & Evil Uno have two of the worst looks in wrestling.

Uno...I dont even need to explain.

The whole Bad Boy gimmick for Janela is cool, but the short frame, not in good shape, with long hair and unflattering attire that always looks like its falling off his ass needs to be touched up IMO. If thats the case, I rather he just wrestle in street clothes.

Evil Uno looks awesome. Stu Grayson looks like a pound shop War Raider Rowe. Uno looks especially awesome when the minions make a throne for him.

And they are getting a push because they are highly responsible for the Bucks early success. They are also a damn solid heel team for a face team to overcome at some point.

Oh yeah, I hate Evil Uno's look. Kinda looks like a greasy backyard wrestler. Dark Order in general are the lamest act in AEW right now, other than the Librarians. Some of their tag combos are cool, but every single other team is infinitely more appealing.

I like Janela's look, because I feel like him looking super trashy is incredibly fitting for his gimmick. The way I read his "bad boy" shtick is kind of as a guy who was a real bad boy in like, high school, and is still trying to ride that wave as an adult.

Nah Unos look is complete trash. Theres plenty of fat guys that make it work and look cool. Hes not one of them. He needs to tweak his attire heavily. The mask I have no problem with though.

I like the minion throne thing. Thats cool. The entrance is still lame though and not dark at all.

Janela can be trashy but still have a better attire. Like I said, why not just put him him a wife beater and jeans or something then? Idk his attire just never looks like it ever fits him and that bugs me. I rather he just dress like Luke Harper then.

Uno doesn't look awesome. Lmao.

He looks like a trailer park slob found a lucha mask in a dumpster and put it on. And he especially looked like shit with that white halloween makeup on his face.

Oh I guess you're right then, he doesn't look awesome.

:rolleyes:

A couple of aesthetic gripes. I'm not a fan of the PPV logo turnbuckle pads, they should either just be the AEW logo or one letter on each pad. I'm also not a fan of the mat looking too cluttered with the AEW logo in the middle and the PPV logos in each corner, either just have the AEW logo or a big PPV logo in the middle.

Nahhh I dont like the idea of the PPV logo in the middle and AEW logo on the aprons. Should be in reverse. But IMO, the mat should be black because I feel like the logo clashes with the white mat. Like its so big and colored. Idk maybe its just me. But I think having a black mat with an all white, all gold, or white and gold logo in the middle would look best.

Though I do like the look of a dirty, blood soaked mat

:lol:

Archived