Bugs & Glitches Thread

Jeb ★

Good news, I've finally figured out what causes the physics on clothing items to start ignoring the parts of the body on caws. The physics break and start ignoring your body (IE jacket going through your torso) if you have another item equipped that also has physics.

So for example, I noticed on one of my new CAWs that his jacket was phasing through his gut, so I changed the boots he had equipped that had tassles with one that didn't and that fixed the physics issue there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turned the game on for ten minutes, then turned it right the *Censored* off after a constant barrage of bugs, including wrestlers walking out with belts they didn't have (including belts I wasn't even using in that universe mode), caws that had nothing to do with a match just.. appearing in the ring after the starting bell and standing around doing nothing, hit detection breaking completely resulting in me losing because the game refused to acknowledge my attacks to my opponent, and at that point I just said "*Censored* this".

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Petey_the_Clown said:

what am I looking at here? the belts?

That one that over stretched? did you texture that onto a Belt gold Plate, or straight onto the Belt Strap as an Image?

Gold plate, which looks fine in create a belt then does that outside of it. Looks even worse in-game, where that entire side folds over itself its trying to escape 2020. I eventually deleted the gold plate completely and put it on the strap directly to fix it. doesn't look as nice but at least it *censored*in works.

Man the bugs in this game don't even make logical sense...

I really have zero faith in visual concepts... no matter how many years they take... Yukes has been doing games for 20 yrs... 20yrs of coding and knowing what works and what doesn't.

Midway made the TNA game and bloody nailed it a decade ago...  first try.

I... wouldn't go that far. Yukes made their fair share of their own mistakes, and its no secret i'm not a fan of the TNA game and think it had a ton of problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Rowan's entrance animations when previews in advanced create an entrance just throws the game into an infinite loading loop. Jesus H *censored*ing Christ there is truly no *censored*ing excuse..

Nope, happens with every arena that i've tried; and my frame rate doesn't dip, although I would not be surprised if it was the anti-aliasing breaking again. Lighting for that arena is default too save for a bit of fog (and this issue has been showing up in arenas that don't use fog as well).

As I said, that weird white outline on the wrestlers (and the ref) only appears if the mat is dark, if its light it doesn't show.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so here's a new one and I cannot figure out the cause. I created a new CAW i'm working on and during his entrance on the ramp way, for some reason 3 lights appear floating in the air in front of the CAW. Changing lighting did not get ri dof them, changing motion didn't, and changing pyro didn't. has ANYONE else experienced this?

dGqq9KG.jpg

I wish I could go just five *censored*ing seconds without encountering a bug in this *censored*ing game..

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT! And as you might've guessed, its something *censored*ing stupid. Apparently using the Magic Monster intro animation (which wasn't even the one being used on the stage) is whats causing the lights. Seriously.

gimme my *censored*ing money back 2K.

• 2 weeks later...

New bug I discovered recently, because god knows I just love doing the game testers jobs for them.
Apparently if you're in the middle of a PPV in Universe mode and exit out (need to shut down for a while, need to fix something, etc) and then load it back up, all title matches on the card will have been changed to non-title matches.

Hey, 2K, you know, since I've been in here doing your *censored*ing jobs for you, discovering and writing down every single bug I come across, you maybe wanna throw some of that bug tester pay my way instead since.. you know, I actually bother to do it? Just sayin, I could use some dollar bills in my wallet.

No? No of course not, the bethesda approach to game development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember how to move the wall trons to the opposite side? Not the glitch to move the minitron right up to the ring but maybe it's the same method. Don't remember lol

I swear to *censored*ing christ, fi we absolutely need to be stuck with this horseshit for another year all I sincerely want is for them to at the very goddamn least fix the mother *censored*ing image uploader.

Its more likely that hell freezes over.

There are only two options till the next game, either going with 2k19 which the most seem to do...or trying to work around the messes 2k20 makes.
Personally to me, 2k20 works well enough...thankfully i dont have too many bugs and glitches, but im not doing too much out of the box stuff.

I started building my own caw universe and prepare it for the future games, so for me it works fine enough for doing the basics.

I still hope that we get a new wrestling game to tide us over early next year...would suck to have to wait till the end of next year for some new wrestling games.

Archived